SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Not a great night for Sioux recruits tonight.

Ryan Mantha is -1 tonight for Indiana.

Nick Schmaltz is -3 for Green Bay.

Tucker Poolman is even with an assist for Omaha.

Jack Rowe is a -1 and Christian Cakebread is -2.

Hayden Shaw and Cam Johnson both were scratches for Waterloo.

Chris Wilkies point streak ends at 9 as they go to a shootout.

Dayns Chartrand is even tonight for Flin Flon.

Came in to post about Rowe. That's 2 trades for him in about a month. Worrisome? I didn't get to meet the kid while he was here, so I don't have an opinion on personality or character.

I wouldn't call it worrisome at this point because Fargo is trying to trade everyone. Fire sale. You see this a lot with the teams that are really bad and not making the playoffs. Tri-City traded a crap load of players over the last few weeks as well. It'd be more worrisome if he was traded from a team that was good twice in a month IMO.

I wouldn't call it worrisome at this point because Fargo is trying to trade everyone. Fire sale. You see this a lot with the teams that are really bad and not making the playoffs. Tri-City traded a crap load of players over the last few weeks as well. It'd be more worrisome if he was traded from a team that was good twice in a month IMO.

Cedar Rapids is pretty good.

I only posed the question because Fargo just acquired him. Usually if you trade for someone, you try to keep them around a while. You're likely correct about the fire sale, though, and as soon as someone made a decent offer for him, off he went again.

Love this get only have heard great things about him. Do you know what USHL team he would go to?

He'll be drafted, if he hasn't been already, and could end up about anywhere. New USHL team in Madison WI next season, so there'll be noticeable player movement for the expansion. A Mr. Hockey candidate is also an appetizing pick for a new franchise like them.

I only posed the question because Fargo just acquired him. Usually if you trade for someone, you try to keep them around a while. You're likely correct about the fire sale, though, and as soon as someone made a decent offer for him, off he went again.

He'll be drafted, if he hasn't been already, and could end up about anywhere. New USHL team in Madison WI next season, so there'll be noticeable player movement for the expansion. A Mr. Hockey candidate is also an appetizing pick for a new franchise like them.

Yon hasn't been drafted but did attend a camp this summer with Sioux Falls. I would expect his team to make the state tournament this season in AA but I'm unsure of whether a USHL team would be able to sign him to play after the high school season or not? I believe he was eligible to be drafted last year and was surprised he wasn't already drafted being a Senior already.

Yon hasn't been drafted but did attend a camp this summer with Sioux Falls. I would expect his team to make the state tournament this season in AA but I'm unsure of whether a USHL team would be able to sign him to play after the high school season or not? I believe he was eligible to be drafted last year and was surprised he wasn't already drafted being a Senior already.

I think a team could add him up until a certain deadline if they wanted to have him play some games in the spring. Don't quote me on that, I'm not a 100%. I just think I recall this happening with a couple players in the past. I just don't remember if some of the players I'm thinking of were drafted. I'll have to try to look it up.

Sorry if someone has mentioned this earlier in this thread but what is the story on Gage Hough, now playing for Omaha. Committed? Is he good enough to play DI hockey? Are we interested in recruiting him? Just curious.

I mentioned it awhile back however no one responded. He is not committed however I am starting to wonder if his numbers are inflated based on the line he is on.

Zach Yon (Roseau) has committed to UND

https://twitter.com/...100681668149248

Today, Yon was named a finalist for MInnesota's Mr. Hockey Award http://www.minnesota...age/show/413477

It's always fun to take a "legacy" from another program. I vaguely remember Yon's father playing for MN in the early 80's. I don't recall that he was really a top 6 forward or anything, but he seemed to play pretty regularily.

I recall reading somewhere that MN didn't make much of an effort to land Yon. Probably has more to do with their current forward situation than anything else. I hope Zach comes to UND in a couple of years and produces like the Archibald kid at UNO. :)

It's always fun to take a "legacy" from another program. I vaguely remember Yon's father playing for MN in the early 80's. I don't recall that he was really a top 6 forward or anything, but he seemed to play pretty regularily.

I recall reading somewhere that MN didn't make much of an effort to land Yon. Probably has more to do with their current forward situation than anything else. I hope Zach comes to UND in a couple of years and produces like the Archibald kid at UNO. :)

Yeah, I think Billy was one of those "blood and guts" type players that filled a nice role for them. I was shocked to hear years back about his accident where he lost his leg when he worked on an airport tarmack. Sounds like a good family to have on board.

Right because MN only looks for the top 6 forward type of kids. I'm not sure what type of player Yon will be at the college level however I am guessing he may be a 4 year 2/3/4th line players....which is by no means a bad thing. His numbers in weaker HS conference are through the roof however it appears he has not had the same success in the Elite leagues (given he is older). Either way I'm happy with this recruit as he will be a 4 year player, hopefully he has a good USHL year next year.

Edit After looking Archibald didn't avg a pt/gm either in the Elite league.

For the lack of a better thread to post this in. http://www.mnhockeyh...d=135792 Story about kids leaving high school early.

Interesting article, IMHO it needed to also discuss the treatment of "star players" by team mates and opponents. Lesser skilled players taking runs at players are obvious but the frustration of "clutch and grab" and resentment of team mates is another concern