SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You need a balance of 1-2 year guys and 3-4 year guys. I think Berry and company are doing just that.

Wasn't that in an article recently:
They (Bubs) purposefully recruit for a mix of four-year (likely late bloomers) and one or two-year top enders. 

Cole Smith and Tyson Jost were freshmen teammates in 2016. Both are in the NHL; very different paths. 

• Upvote 1

I remember years ago, Minnesota always had much higher rated recruiting classes than UND.   In the end UND held their own, and then some against Minnesota.  Rankings give you a better feeling about your team, but in the end it doesn't measure all of the intangibles a player or recruiting class has.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, tnt said:

I remember years ago, Minnesota always had much higher rated recruiting classes than UND.   In the end UND held their own, and then some against Minnesota.  Rankings give you a better feeling about your team, but in the end it doesn't measure all of the intangibles a player or recruiting class has.  

The game is still played on the ice. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Those rankings are always somewhat subjective.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ChadR said:

I like the artwork Simpson had done for his commitment post. More of that please!

I commented on this a few weeks ago, how it seemed like everyone had cool looking edits / artwork for their commitments except for the UND guys. I had incorrectly assumed the schools were doing them. Simpson and others used the IG account charmdsgn. It's on the player, not the school. Just an Fyi, as I had assumed wrong on that topic.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, ChadR said:

I like the artwork Simpson had done for his commitment post. More of that please!

2 hours ago, AJS said:

I commented on this a few weeks ago, how it seemed like everyone had cool looking edits / artwork for their commitments except for the UND guys. I had incorrectly assumed the schools were doing them. Simpson and others used the IG account charmdsgn. It's on the player, not the school. Just an Fyi, as I had assumed wrong on that topic.

I always thought the schools did it, but now that I know the player or someone near the player did it for them, I like it a lot less. Feels like.... "Hey! Look at me!" nonsense.

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I always thought the schools did it, but now that I know the player or someone near the player did it for them, I like it a lot less. Feels like.... "Hey! Look at me!" nonsense.

Next will be commercial artists/studios doing it for the kids.
They put the studio name on the art and the kid gets an NIL "kicker" from the studio based on retweets. 

I wouldn't bet against that being the next trend. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Let the kids have some fun!