SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 Hockey Road Trips...

richthorpe

Awesome deal. Priceline?

www.frontierairlines.com

Just looked at the promo and got the following message.

Unfortunately, this special has sold out, expired, or this special may no longer be available at the originally advertised price, terms and conditions.

Looks like the price is a little over $300 now. Still not bad to fly all the way to Alaska!

Add defending national champion Boston College (and Merrimack) to my confirmed list. I'll be in Beantown for BC's banner night on 10/30.

and why would you want to be there for BC's banner night? That would make me want to puke.

With no series at Mariucci this year, all of you Twin Cities area alums should make the trip to Mankato instead. The series is Dec 10 and 11 this year, and is always a fun time due to all the UND fans, the usual win both nights by UND, and the close proximity of bars and restaurants to the arena. We usually stay in a hotel within walking distance of the arena, but there are other cheaper ones across town.

The students will be on break, but I don't think that will make it any easier.

I am sure there will be a lot of Sioux fans in attendance to watch the Sioux whoop that Bulldog ass opening night in the new arena. :):lol:

With no series at Mariucci this year, all of you Twin Cities area alums should make the trip to Mankato instead. The series is Dec 10 and 11 this year, and is always a fun time due to all the UND fans, the usual win both nights by UND, and the close proximity of bars and restaurants to the arena. We usually stay in a hotel within walking distance of the arena, but there are other cheaper ones across town.

I'm debating this. hopefully at least the Saturday game in Kato. Ditto for the St Cloud series in St Cloud - I went last year to the 8-1 beatdown with my dad and we had a great time. But I'm hoping to talk a couple of my fellow Sioux alums to tag along with me to both series.

I am heading to the Mankato series, hopefully both games. I have friends that are UND alumni that live in Mankato. It is really fun with the bars right next to the arena...lots of Sioux fans, too.

I am sure there will be a lot of Sioux fans in attendance to watch the Sioux whoop that Bulldog ass opening night in the new arena. :):lol:

Really? With what tickets? And also, what army?

Tickets will go on sale in mid-to-late November, once all STHs pick their seats and their extra orders are fulfilled.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who were hoping to attend the Bemidji series:

Due to alumni participation, single-game tickets for the season-opening series versus UND are no longer available, but BSU hockey fans still have an opportunity to find their way into the BREC to see the Beavers inaugural WCHA contest versus Fighting Sioux. Select great seats remain as a part of a season ticket packages.

It's disappointing that members of the general public didn't even have a chance to purchase tickets. I understand that it's a big weekend for the Bemidji State hockey program, but it would be nice to have some Sioux fans in the building to create a little bit of a competetive atmosphere. Hopefully some Sioux fans in the Bemidji area will be able to score tickets somehow, or perhaps the Fighting Sioux Club was given some tickets for its members.

http://www.bsubeavers.com/news/default/100/2981/

For those who were hoping to attend the Bemidji series:

It's disappointing that members of the general public didn't even have a chance to purchase tickets. I understand that it's a big weekend for the Bemidji State hockey program, but it would be nice to have some Sioux fans in the building to create a little bit of a competetive atmosphere. Hopefully some Sioux fans in the Bemidji area will be able to score tickets somehow, or perhaps the Fighting Sioux Club was given some tickets for its members.

http://www.bsubeavers.com/news/default/100/2981/

I'm pretty sure that they always have a small section of seats set aside for the visiting team. They are usually sold through the visiting school.

Ill be at the UNO Series. Coming from Colorado.

I too will be traveling from Colo ( Westminster) to Omaha for that series. Going to tie it into the family trip to Kansas City for Thanksgiving with the wifes side..

I think of all of the away games of 'special' significance for the Sioux this year- BSU, the new DDEC opening, and our introduction in Omaha- the Omaha series is the one I'm hoping will be full of Sioux fans as they know the least about our gig and what we are all about as fans.

So let's introduce ourselves right, everyone should plan on heading there!!

There will be plenty of seats as the arena they play in is huge!

I'm pretty sure that they always have a small section of seats set aside for the visiting team. They are usually sold through the visiting school.

According to Moose over on USCHO, BSU has to set aside 140 tickets for the visiting school (WCHA Requirement). He also stated that UND already has those tickets in hand, so you may want to give the school a call to check on the details.

Also, keep checking on StubHub. I know they have set up a site for BSU tickets and you just may find a ticket or two there. Not sure what they will be going for, but face value is right around $21 before any BeaverPride premium seating fees.

Hmmmm...... Maybe I should put my four seats up for auction......NAH! ;)

Hi folks! It's been a long time since I've been around these parts of the interwebs. And of course, I decide to come check it out and have to get used to a new layout and whatnot haha

Anywho, I have a friend who keeps bugging me to visit him in Maine, so that's a possibility. Although I just moved to the Cities (living with my aunt until I can afford rent with my new job), so I won't have a lot of money for a while, so we'll see how this goes. I might also try to make it to Omaha, as I might have a place to stay there (well, Fremont actually but it's pretty close). My brother lives in Denver, so I might go visit him while attending the CC series.

Those 3 (especially Maine and CC) are ones that I would love to go to! But if I have enough money I'd also like to do trips that I've already done a lot in the past (Kato, St Cloud, Tech) but we'll see how everything goes money-wise for me ha!

Final 5 and Frozen 4 would be nice if I could get tickets as I'm living here now :)

According to Moose over on USCHO, BSU has to set aside 140 tickets for the visiting school (WCHA Requirement). He also stated that UND already has those tickets in hand, so you may want to give the school a call to check on the details.

Also, keep checking on StubHub. I know they have set up a site for BSU tickets and you just may find a ticket or two there. Not sure what they will be going for, but face value is right around $21 before any BeaverPride premium seating fees.

BSU season tickets have not been mailed out yet, either. I think they're still in the billing process. Add the fact that many BSU ticket holders haven't had too much demand for unused tickets (with a few WCHA exceptions) and don't know how to go about selling them. In the past, most have either given them away or they went unused. It will eventually change, but probably not by 10/15.

I called the UND Ticket Office this morning and was told my chances of getting tickets through UND are slim to none. Out of the 140 available, the players each receive 4 tickets for family and friends. The remaining tickets will be offered to Fighting Sioux Club Members who are in the Coaches Club or higher. I guess I will just have to wait it out and see if anyone down the road needs to unload a ticket to two... for a reasonable price.

I called the UND Ticket Office this morning and was told my chances of getting tickets through UND are slim to none. Out of the 140 available, the players each receive 4 tickets for family and friends. The remaining tickets will be offered to Fighting Sioux Club Members who are in the Coaches Club or higher. I guess I will just have to wait it out and see if anyone down the road needs to unload a ticket to two... for a reasonable price.

As I and Millsy have mentioned in an earlier post, all the tickets have been sold out for the most part back in June and this event is going to a big deal. In the old days you could always you could always get tickets from someone. You might be able to buy them for an over inflated price.

The reason this ticket is so hard to get is that It's the opening of the new BREC (I think they are going to call it the Bob Peters ______ Arena or something liek that). This is also the Beavers first ever WCHA conference game. The BSU alumni are supposed to be coming back in force to Bemidji for the new arena opening as well. Every one that I have talked to has no extra tickets, believe me I asked quite a few people that have tickets in Bemidji and no one has extras. The game will be on TV though in Minnesota so one could watch the game in a bar...

Edited by Goon

As I and Millsy have mentioned in an earlier post, all the tickets have been sold out for the most part back in June and this event is going to a big deal. In the old days you could always you could always get tickets from someone. You might be able to buy them for an over inflated price.

The reason this ticket is so hard to get is that It's the opening of the new BREC (I think they are going to call it the Bob Peters ______ Arena or something liek that). This is also the Beavers first ever WCHA conference game. The BSU alumni are supposed to be coming back in force to Bemidji for the new arena opening as well. Every one that I have talked to has no extra tickets, believe me I asked quite a few people that have tickets in Bemidji and no one has extras. The game will be on TV though in Minnesota so one could watch the game in a bar...

So you're saying the Beaver will be there in full force?

• 2 weeks later...

just got my first Sioux tickets of the year! made an account with My Mavs (university of Nebraska-Omaha) and was able to purchase tics for the nov. 19/20 series..... 1 day early and no ticketmaster upcharges. Hope to see some more of you down there! Go Sioux

Thanks - just got mine as well. Great seats at a great price - none of those outrageous ticket master fees.

Tickets through the Maine Ticket Office are now on sale...There is one ticket promotion going on though...

It is a 5 for $99 deal. But they are letting you buy like 2 Tickets for the Friday 22 Oct Game, and then 3 for the Oct 23 game...

They do not care what games you buy tickets for as long as the total is 5. There is like a $4 service charge, not bad i didn't think...

You can call-1-800-756-TEAM. The operator's are very friendly...

I have not been to the area before, but it sounds like most of the town happening stuff is a 10-20 mile drive from the Arena...

I am pretty stoked for this trip...

Hope to see some other Sioux Fans there!

Rich T