SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 Hockey Road Trips...

richthorpe

So, since the 2010-2011 season is upcoming i was curious who was planning which road trips???

I am sure the opening of the New Arena would be on most members list as a Must Road Trip this year...

Anyone else have any big plans??? A group of us will be doing the UND/Maine trip up here in October...

Tickets won't go on sale up here till Mid Sept tho, bummer...

Let's hear it folks, where ya headed???

This will be my 5th year i have checked out a new college hockey arena, but my first full season out east...

Maine in October, Wisconsin in Nov.,UMD in Dec. St.Cloud in Feb. I believe I'll see as many road games as home games this year. Maine is going to be fun. I use to live in Maine while I was a student at UND during the summers. Can't wait for the lobster at Captain Nicks in Bangor and Sioux hockey!

I'm hoping to convince a buddy or two to go to the Wisco games in Madison. I've never been there and my cousins (who went to UW/lived there) tell me it's a lot of fun and I must go. But I'm also supposed to go to Las Vegas in November, so that might not happen. If that doesn't work out, I might settle for a trip to Mankato. And since I live in the Citiies, the Final Five and Frozen Four are on my agenda for this spring.

Probably won't get to a lot of games this year so the Madison trip is a must for me. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't made it before. Went there when the Sioux clinched the cup a couple of years ago and that was a blast. Plus the badger fans are good ones to drink with after a game. A good time all around.

this is a stretch, but when and how do you get tickets for the bemidji series and duluth game?

Not sure on Bemidji, but Duluth tickets have gone on sale the last Monday in September the last 2 years. This year it would be around Sept. 27th if they stayed true to form. They haven't updated their ticket site yet though for a confirmed date.

Not sure on Bemidji, but Duluth tickets have gone on sale the last Monday in September the last 2 years. This year it would be around Sept. 27th if they stayed true to form. They haven't updated their ticket site yet though for a confirmed date.

I can tell you that I was told by someone very close to the BSU program (a couple of different times) that they tickets for the BSU and UND series are going to be hard to get. The BSU Ticket office has already sold most of them to season ticket holders (80%) and there is the 400 or so that will go to UND so I am sure those tickets will go fast as well.

I can tell you that I was told by someone very close to the BSU program (a couple of different times) that they tickets for the BSU and UND series are going to be hard to get. The BSU Ticket office has already sold most of them to season ticket holders (80%) and there is the 400 or so that will go to UND so I am sure those tickets will go fast as well.

Goon is correct. Right now, a little over 80% of the building has been sold either to season ticket holders, held back for the student ticket allotment (500) and held back for the visiting team (400). BSU is going to cap season ticket sales at 90%, leaving around 470 tickets for individual game sales. The building will seat between 4500 and 5000, but no one seems to know the exact number and won't until the seats start going in. 4700 has been what I have heard most often.

BUT, what I have heard is that most of those 470 individual game tickets are spoken for as BSU is reserving them for hockey alumni that wish to attend that opening series.

BSU and the BREC has set up with StubHub for season ticket holders to sell their tickets. So as the dates get closer, you may want to watch that site. With scalping now legal in Minnesota, anyone selling tickets to that first series should get more than face value for them. :D

Goon is correct. Right now, a little over 80% of the building has been sold to season ticket holders, held back for the student ticket allotment (500) and held back for the visiting team (400). BSU is going to cap season ticket sales at 90%, leaving around 470 tickets for individual game sales. The building will seat between 4500 and 5000, but no one seems to know the exact number and won't until the seats start going in. 4700 has been what I have heard most often.

BUT, what I have heard is that most of those 470 individual game tickets are spoken for as BSU is reserving them for hockey alumni that wish to attend that opening series.

BSU and the BREC has set up with StubHub for season ticket holders to sell their tickets. So as the dates get closer, you may want to watch that site. With scalping now legal in Minnesota, anyone selling tickets to that first series should get more than face value for them. :D

Bummer! I don't get to attend many road games and I was excited about the prospect of attending this series. I figured tickets would be hard to come by, but I didn't expect that more than 90% of tickets were already spoken for.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a deal in Madison for the series in November. I recieved this Crowne Plaza hotel on the east side, just off I94, on Priceline for $45, both Fri and Sat night. We just stayed here last week and it's a nice place, good location. It's also close to MSN if you wanted to fly in (free airport shuttle also). I tried to get something downtown but no luck, so you will have to drive to the Kohl Center. Badger football plays Indiana, so rooms will be hard to come by so I wouldn't wait too long. The bidding was Madison East and 3*. Total for 2 nights with taxes and fees $100.94. Good Luck!

I'm surprised I haven't heard of more people going to Omaha for the series in November. I know of many fans who either have or are close to making it to every rink in the WCHA. And with Dean coaching for UNO I thought for sure there would be a large crowd of Sioux fans at the Qwest Center.

So anyone planning on going? Or has anyone heard about possible bus trips this year?

I'm surprised I haven't heard of more people going to Omaha for the series in November. I know of many fans who either have or are close to making it to every rink in the WCHA. And with Dean coaching for UNO I thought for sure there would be a large crowd of Sioux fans at the Qwest Center.

So anyone planning on going? Or has anyone heard about possible bus trips this year?

I thought you were picking me up along the way!

Hello hello everyone. I don't know how many people will see this so early in the season, but I'm here to help.

Ok first of all, the Dec 30th game is the opening of the new DECC (in case you live under a rock). Win or lose it should be a really fun atmosphere, and historic for those big college hockey dorks out there. However, it also will be hard to get tickets, and remember that it's on a Thursday night.

New DECC ticket sales might not happen at the same time as old DECC ticket sales. The seats are not even in at the DECC. Then STHs have to select our seats, then they will assign the extra tickets to games that STHs ordered, and THEN they will be available to the general public. I haven't heard a peep from UMD about when I get to select my seat, so who knows what the time frame will be?

I know Sioux-cia is going to be there though!!