SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 Hockey Road Trips...

richthorpe

The Omaha Hilton is across the street and connected to the Qwest Center. I got a room for $103/night plus $10 for parking. They require advance pay and no changes for that rate. Parking at the Qwest Center will cost you more than at the Hilton, so that is a savings of a few bucks.

That or the Garden Inn isn't that far off.

Even if you do stay a ways from Qwest, my coworker's brother owns a lot across from the entrance of the Center and it is about $8 per game to park there.

Any good recommendations for hotels in Omaha? Is there any near the arena?

The Omaha Hilton has been going for $55/night on Priceline, the DoubleTree for $45. The Courtyard may also come up. Select 3* Downtown, start at $45. Increase in $5 increments and add these areas if the bid fails, they do not have 3* in there areas, assuring you of a downtown win: Bellevue, Council Bluffs, Airport East, Airport West.

The Omaha Hilton has been going for $55/night on Priceline, the DoubleTree for $45. The Courtyard may also come up. Select 3* Downtown, start at $45. Increase in $5 increments and add these areas if the bid fails, they do not have 3* in there areas, assuring you of a downtown win: Bellevue, Council Bluffs, Airport East, Airport West.

Bob,

I don't use Priceline because I cannot guarantee a non-smoking room through them. Do you know a way to guarantee non-smoking?

Bob,

I don't use Priceline because I cannot guarantee a non-smoking room through them. Do you know a way to guarantee non-smoking?

Hmmmm, I never had a problem getting a non-smoking room, and I thought in the fine print they do provide a non smoking room, but I'd have to check into that. The Hilton and Doubletree's may be non-smoking hotels, but not sure, I'll get back to you on that. About 10 years ago we were put into a smoking room in Tampa, I told the front desk that my wife's asthma was acting up, they managed to find us a room.

Hmmmm, I never had a problem getting a non-smoking room, and I thought in the fine print they do provide a non smoking room, but I'd have to check into that. The Hilton and Doubletree's may be non-smoking hotels, but not sure, I'll get back to you on that. About 10 years ago we were put into a smoking room in Tampa, I told the front desk that my wife's asthma was acting up, they managed to find us a room.

If it's not an option to select a non-smoking room when you purchase it on Priceline, just call the hotel once you have your reservation. I've gotten rooms on there before that I've needed to be 2 beds (which you can't specify when booking your room on Priceline) but once I've made my reservation I just call the hotel and reqest that my room is 2 double beds. It's never been an issue in the past.

Is the Hilton a 3* hotel on PriceLine??

Mankato tickets went on sale this morning..... got mine 4 rows up center ice. Hope to see lots of green there. Go Sioux!

Just got tickets to see the Purple Cows as well...5 rows up on the blue line, section 102...That's another 6 Sioux fans in attendance!!

Just got tickets to see the Purple Cows as well...5 rows up on the blue line, section 102...That's another 6 Sioux fans in attendance!!

4 of us in section 102 rows B and C or C and D. I think and hope it is on the side the Sioux shoot twice and isn't behind the benches. Should be a lot of action on that net and side of the rink!

4 of us in section 102 rows B and C or C and D. I think and hope it is on the side the Sioux shoot twice and isn't behind the benches. Should be a lot of action on that net and side of the rink!

This is opposite the benches and the end where the Sioux shoot twice.

Going to Bemidji next weekend. Have tickets there waiting for me. Staying at the AmericInn. Any other SIOUX fans staying there? Where will Sioux fans being "socializing " next weekend. Also got tickets to MAnkato on Monday when they went on sale. Only St Cloud tickets to buy yet. Looking forward to having a good time next weekend in Bemidji. GO SIOUX!!!

Road tripping to Mankato on December 11th - sounds like a blast!

Also looking at securing tickets for 5 Sioux fans in Section 100 perhaps. This will be our first time in Mankato. Is there a section to avoid? Looks like we can get third row in section 100 (far corner) but worried the sight lines might be cut-off. I guess they're still available for a reason.

Any good bars/ restaurants to catch before the game? Looks like a few in the heart of downtown. Looking for a good road-trip fan guide for a game vs. Purple Cows. Thanks and Fight On Sioux!

Also looking at securing tickets for 5 Sioux fans in Section 100 perhaps. This will be our first time in Mankato. Is there a section to avoid? Looks like we can get third row in section 100 (far corner) but worried the sight lines might be cut-off. I guess they're still available for a reason.

Generally, I find it best to avoid the student section, which is the "bottom of the U". Sioux fans tend to cluster on the "tops of the U", which is the end UND shoots at twice.

Any good bars/ restaurants to catch before the game? Looks like a few in the heart of downtown. Looking for a good road-trip fan guide for a game vs. Purple Cows. Thanks and Fight On Sioux!

There's an Irish pub across the street from the arena and for those looking for a little more ;) , Mettlers is just short stroll away...

For Mankato:

Buffalo Wild Wings or Blue Bricks before the game.

Blue Bricks, Mettlers, and/or The Haze (dance club for younger people) after the game.

For the most part, Mankato fans are pretty cool. As always, there are always a few drunk students who get mouthy. Most Sioux fans will be in sections 100, 200 and 300, but will be scattered throughout the end where the Sioux shoot twice. The arena sells beer, which is nice. The men's restroom lines are always a pain, but are right by the women's bathroom, so that can be entertaining. If you can, get a room at the former Holiday Inn (now City Center Hotel). This is within walking distance of everything, and well worth the money.