SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 Hockey Road Trips...

richthorpe

Question about the new rink in Duluth, the Amsoil Arena I think they will call it. Here is the floor plan...any idea which bench the Sioux will have?? Maybe the left side? It looks like it has access to a locker room, thats why I was thinking maybe that would be the visitors, maybe the home team enters at the corners for their big introduction? Who knows... Thanks!

concourse-level.jpg

Question about the new rink in Duluth, the Amsoil Arena I think they will call it. Here is the floor plan...any idea which bench the Sioux will have?? Maybe the left side? It looks like it has access to a locker room, thats why I was thinking maybe that would be the visitors, maybe the home team enters at the corners for their big introduction? Who knows... Thanks!

concourse-level.jpg

I would actually guess the one on the left will be duluth's and the visiting team's will be across ice off in the upper right corner.

Judging by the amount of seating behind each goal, my guess is that Duluth will shoot towards the left side twice, unless they put the students behind there for more room to distract the opposing goalie.

I can't really decide either way now that I think about it.

Judging by the amount of seating behind each goal, my guess is that Duluth will shoot towards the left side twice, unless they put the students behind there for more room to distract the opposing goalie.

I can't really decide either way now that I think about it.

The home bench is the one with the locker room access. It would be in front of section 119 on a seating chart. Visitors bench is 118. Tried getting 4 tix when they went on sale at 10, but all that was available was the student section in 113. Within 5 minutes I couldn't even get 1 ticket...it's sold out. The Sioux shoot at the end with section 124 twice.

5223531899_7e28238c9f_o.gif

A little over a week until the Mankato series! Big weekend for WCHA points. If you can make that trip, DO IT! You won't be disappointed.

Some friends and I plan to attend the Saturday game in Mankato. It will be our third road trip of the season (Bemidji and Omaha being the other two). Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we won't have too much trouble traveling to and from the game.

Does anyone know if there will be an Alumni party? We went to the one in Omaha and had a great time. Also, any recommendations for hotel, food, etc?

Anybody know much about the Mankato arena? I am looking at tickets right now and plan on ordering either tonight or tomorrow. The best available are 100 level tickets but those seem to be too low for my liking. I would rather be up in the 300 level than too far down. Any recommendations?

Anybody know much about the Mankato arena? I am looking at tickets right now and plan on ordering either tonight or tomorrow. The best available are 100 level tickets but those seem to be too low for my liking. I would rather be up in the 300 level than too far down. Any recommendations?

Small place, really not a bad seat in there. Sioux fans will fill sections 100,200, 300 and 101, 201 and 301. Try to get seats there, and it is like you are at a home game. I had to call Ticketmaster and talk to them to select specific seats (as opposed to best available online) Well worth it, in my opinion. Ask what is available in those sections.

Some friends and I plan to attend the Saturday game in Mankato. It will be our third road trip of the season (Bemidji and Omaha being the other two). Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we won't have too much trouble traveling to and from the game.

Does anyone know if there will be an Alumni party? We went to the one in Omaha and had a great time. Also, any recommendations for hotel, food, etc?

There has never been an "official" alumni party down there in the 5 or so years I've attended, but you will see Sioux fans everywhere in the bars/restaurants down by the arena. Buffalo Wild Wings, Blue Bricks are my 2 favorite pregame spots. Wild Wings is in this little strip mall thing, and you can walk through it to get to the arena, the Mavericks always have some sort of booster thing going on when we walk towards the arena, we always get a "GO SIOUX!" in there as we walk by! :)

As far as a hotel, I would see if there are rooms at the City Center Hotel, it is the old Holiday Inn, and walking distance to everything, including the arena.

Small place, really not a bad seat in there. Sioux fans will fill sections 100,200, 300 and 101, 201 and 301. Try to get seats there, and it is like you are at a home game. I had to call Ticketmaster and talk to them to select specific seats (as opposed to best available online) Well worth it, in my opinion. Ask what is available in those sections.

Thanks for the help. I will look for tickets in those sections.

There will be 5 Sioux Fans in Section 100 in Mankato on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it as it's my first trip there.

Blue Brick is fun but it can be more of a Frat Party/College Crowd. For the over 25 set, Pub 500 is also downtown and offers a bit more upscale fare but still has good drink selections. It's about a block further from the arena than Blue Bricks.

All the best!

There will be 5 Sioux Fans in Section 100 in Mankato on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it as it's my first trip there.

Blue Brick is fun but it can be more of a Frat Party/College Crowd. For the over 25 set, Pub 500 is also downtown and offers a bit more upscale fare but still has good drink selections. It's about a block further from the arena than Blue Bricks.

All the best!

Mettlers doesn't suck either...there will be 6 of us there on Saturday...

Anyone heading to Duluth for the opening of AMSOIL Arena on Dec. 30? Tickets went on sale yesterday and apparently sold out within minutes.

I was hoping to make the trip, but unfortunately a Thursday night game does not fit with my work schedule. If only it was on Friday instead.

I actually live in Duluth and the UND/UMD game(s) are the only ones we go to. We went down at 9:00 AM to get tix at the box office. about 15th or so in line and never even got close. My son said people were buying more tix than what he deemed necessary. I see them now for sale on the internet. I. AM. Completely. Disgusted! :angry:

Just talked to Al Pearson. He has a bus going to Omaha for the Nov. 19-20th series and one to Duluth on New Year's Eve for the Hall of Fame Game.

Anyone know if Al is actually taking a bus to the Duluth game? Living in the Duluth area, I was trying to fathom how he secured tickets for this game, I was lucky to get a single ticket is all so far.

Anyone know if Al is actually taking a bus to the Duluth game? Living in the Duluth area, I was trying to fathom how he secured tickets for this game, I was lucky to get a single ticket is all so far.

Yes, Al's taking a bus to Duluth. He had to pull some strings, twist some arms and charm some women but he's got the tickets for one busful of Sioux fans. The demand was great enough for a second bus, but he exhausted his powers of magic/diplomacy/wheedling getting the tickets he got and is taking only 40-some people on the one-day trip to open the new arena.