SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 Hockey Road Trips...

richthorpe

I also got my tickets to the UNO series. I am looking forward to seeing one of the new teams. Now if I could get a really good deal on a room at the Hilton there that is connected to the Qwest Center I will be happy.

The only onther series I am going to make it to is the SCSU series in Grand Forks. Although that is a road trip for me. Omaha is a 4 hour drive and Grand Forks is a 9 hours drive.

Tickets through the Maine Ticket Office are now on sale...There is one ticket promotion going on though...

It is a 5 for $99 deal. But they are letting you buy like 2 Tickets for the Friday 22 Oct Game, and then 3 for the Oct 23 game...

They do not care what games you buy tickets for as long as the total is 5. There is like a $4 service charge, not bad i didn't think...

You can call-1-800-756-TEAM. The operator's are very friendly...

I have not been to the area before, but it sounds like most of the town happening stuff is a 10-20 mile drive from the Arena...

I am pretty stoked for this trip...

Hope to see some other Sioux Fans there!

Rich T

I'm going to that series. It should be a great time to be in Maine with the fall colors and also with Maine projected as a top team this year.

I picked up single game tickets at SCSU today. 1-877-SCSUTIX $30 for each ticket. Feb.18-19 . Let's fill that place again this winter!

30.00 for a game in the concrete center. That's steep, but I have to admit that the 8-1 drubbing last year was a fun game to watch.

One of the better games I saw UND play in last season.

30.00 for a game in the concrete center. That's steep, but I have to admit that the 8-1 drubbing last year was a fun game to watch.

One of the better games I saw UND play in last season.

We're the big ticket this year ($30) along with Wisconsin as the other series costs are $20-$25. The ticket agent said there were lots of tickets still available. Unlike our opening day sales when many of the series get sold out.

We're the big ticket this year ($30) along with Wisconsin as the other series costs are $20-$25. The ticket agent said there were lots of tickets still available. Unlike our opening day sales when many of the series get sold out.

That might be a good weekend to take the Al Person trip if there is one again this year.

ok, so my tickets are in the Mail for the Maine series...This will be a pretty big series as far as the pairwise standings are concerned late in the season.

We are sitting in Row 2, behind the Maine goalie in the 1st and 3rd Period...

We will be rocking the UND gear, and probablly be pretty primed by time the puck drops. Super stoked for this series...Anyone else going?

Hit us up!!!

Rich T

Nice, 101 for me. For those interested, the guy on the phone said that the Sioux will shoot at the 101 side twice.

Also, Sioux bench is in front of sect 121, but full both nights.

For those of you going to the Wisconsin series in November, single game tickets went on sale this morning. Here is the link to order online:

Wisconsin Hockey Tickets

I just picked up great lower level tickets in Sections 106 & 107 for $22 each.

With no series at Mariucci this year, all of you Twin Cities area alums should make the trip to Mankato instead. The series is Dec 10 and 11 this year, and is always a fun time due to all the UND fans, the usual win both nights by UND, and the close proximity of bars and restaurants to the arena. We usually stay in a hotel within walking distance of the arena, but there are other cheaper ones across town.

I will be at that series too. It is a blast!! All I have to say is OLE OLE OLE!!!!

Go SIOUX!!

For anyone thinking about maybe attending the UNO series in Omaha this November.

If you have never spent time in Omaha before and wondering if there is anything else to do for the weekend (besides river boat gambling:) ) here is something that might drive some more Sioux fans to take the trip:

The Omaha Zoo is a "top notch" Zoo. From my perspective, and I have been to the zoo in MSP, Kansas City, Denver, Oak Brook (Illinois), and Washington DC, I think the Omaha Zoo is right at the top of the list.

I guess you could say I was impressed.

My favorite thing was the sky ride (chair lift style ride). On this you get such a unique vantage point to see the animals right below you with no fence between you and them. At one point my feet were probably 10 feet above a heard of giraffes. very cool!

So go to Omaha I say!

For anyone thinking about maybe attending the UNO series in Omaha this November.

If you have never spent time in Omaha before and wondering if there is anything else to do for the weekend (besides river boat gambling:) ) here is something that might drive some more Sioux fans to take the trip:

The Omaha Zoo is a "top notch" Zoo. From my perspective, and I have been to the zoo in MSP, Kansas City, Denver, Oak Brook (Illinois), and Washington DC, I think the Omaha Zoo is right at the top of the list.

I guess you could say I was impressed.

My favorite thing was the sky ride (chair lift style ride). On this you get such a unique vantage point to see the animals right below you with no fence between you and them. At one point my feet were probably 10 feet above a heard of giraffes. very cool!

So go to Omaha I say!

There's more.

I bought my tickets this week... though it isn't a road trip for me... unless you count the fact that the Qwest Center is about as convenient to my apartment as the FargoDome is to people who live in Valley City.

There's more than just the Zoo. Historic Downtown has the Old Market, which has some of the best food around. I'm not a shopper so I didn't really get too excited about the shops, but they are there in abundance and none of them are chains.

There's also the Durham Museum which gives a great historical outlook on Omaha.

Let me know via PM if anyone is interested in meeting up before the Saturday game. I won't be able to do anything before the Friday game. I'm driving right from work.

Any good recommendations for hotels in Omaha? Is there any near the arena?

The Omaha Hilton is across the street and connected to the Qwest Center. I got a room for $103/night plus $10 for parking. They require advance pay and no changes for that rate. Parking at the Qwest Center will cost you more than at the Hilton, so that is a savings of a few bucks.