SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Playoffs '10

jimdahl

I have been an extremely hard core Flyers fan forever.

LMAO at this entire thread. It's almost as if you people know nothing about hockey.

Keep those idiotic predictions coming.

I love this attitude.

I hope the Flyers have this attitude too.

Then it will be the trifecta when Montreal ends their season. I'm sure that the Pens were laughing at the Caps when they lost in 7. Then the Pens were crying 7 games later.

PHI-MON should be the best series of this round. Both teams that have experienced exceptional luck and timely play to get where they're at.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are the playing two on Sunday and two today instead of alternating "east on Monday, west on Tuesday"? Or will they go to that after tonight?

yeah, im not sure why they played games one and two the same day, couldn't they keep alternating? philly/montreal play thurs, hawks and sharks wont play again until friday. i understand they want a game each day on the weekend, but why did they have to play the first two on the same day? i miss not having playoff hockey to watch every day, my wife actually said last night... isn't there a hockey game on tonight? :silly: i think she was finally getting used to hockey every night.

No worries, Goon. They'll pull it out tonight in front of Philly's loony fans. Rask has been one of the best goalies so far in the playoffs - he just needs the guys up front to put a few in.

Pittsburgh fans (DaveK) better hope that Halak isn't on his game tonight like he has been for most of the playoffs or you're in trouble! But I suppose even if the Pens do lose, you can call up Alexander Ovechkin and say "Hey, the Pens made it 1 round further than you - even though we lost to the same team, therefore we're better than you"! (or something like that). :D

Obviously I was wrong in my prediction of how the Bruins/Flyers series was going to go, but maybe this article helps explain my point on Philly's fans. I do understand that not ALL Philly fans may be like this, but I do think there's something in the water (or whatever they're drinking) in Philadelphia. :silly:

Philly fans trash Canadian's car

Obviously I was wrong in my prediction of how the Bruins/Flyers series was going to go, but maybe this article helps explain my point on Philly's fans. I do understand that not ALL Philly fans may be like this, but I do think there's something in the water (or whatever they're drinking) in Philadelphia. :silly:

Geeze. What ever happened to respecting other peoples property? That is just plain nasty. :D

Sad.

They vandalized a 1999 Honda. Feel proud Philly. Feel proud.

GO HAWKS

I second that. with this thread going exclusively to Eastern Conference Rants, I can't believe there isn't more chatter about the Western Conference. Maybe Redwing, Yzerman, Goon, and DaveK have turned off their tv's since they're teams are out out out of the playoffs. :silly: Meanwhile, a former Sioux player is on track to win the Conn Smythe trophy at age 22.

Go Hawks, Go JT!

go hawks and go toews, what a joke the bruins ended up being after that debacle. the nhl has to want the hawks vs montreal as of now even though most of canada wouldnt care if they chopped montreal right off from their own country. at least toews will be able to do interviews in both english and french if they meet and show off even more skills :silly: does anyone know or have the list of former sioux to win the cup? without a doubt toews would be the youngest of that group if he is fortunate to win it all. go hawks!!

I second that. with this thread going exclusively to Eastern Conference Rants, I can't believe there isn't more chatter about the Western Conference. Maybe Redwing, Yzerman, Goon, and DaveK have turned off their tv's since they're teams are out out out of the playoffs. :silly: Meanwhile, a former Sioux player is on track to win the Conn Smythe trophy at age 22.

Go Hawks, Go JT!

I haven't.

The Red Wings went about as far as I thought they would round-wise. Competition wise, I thought the SJ series was a disappointment. I thought they would give the Sharks a better run for their money.

I'm not tuning out as long as the Canadiens and Hawks are in the playoffs. I am a bandwagon Habs fan solely because of what they've done to Bettman and the PR machine. Ok, in truth, I'm just a Halak fan.

As for the Hawks, they're exciting to watch. I can't believe that Niemi is getting it done. He's not Huet or Price in terms of suckitude, but he does look very shakey at times. Halak's run and the whole Leighton/Boucher thing (wtf they were never that good in the past) makes this year's playoffs entertaining to me.

Don't jinx it bro.

*crosses fingers*

PS, Toews can have my babies one day.

That's biologically not possible. :silly:

Hey, since we're winding down on this, I thought I'd share with you what a couple of bloggers, Bloge Salming and Down Goes Brown (DGB is a Maple Leaf blogger) came up with regarding our friendly NHL Big Buffoon Gary Bettman:

Like a Bettman

29507_10150198928975171_531960170_12639414_1329827_n.jpg

I think the bigger picture is that this is the first time success has walked onto the field at Wrigley since 1945. And I realize the Cubs didn't win it all in 1945, but at this point, I think them just MAKING the World Series is a monumental achievement.

I think the bigger picture is that this is the first time success has walked onto the field at Wrigley since 1945. And I realize the Cubs didn't win it all in 1945, but at this point, I think them just MAKING the World Series is a monumental achievement.

I remember toward the end of the regular season the Cubs went to a game wearing white away jerseys (at the UC). As soon as they showed them, I said out loud, well shoot, we're losing this game. I think the Hawks actually did win. I'm not sure why you'd allow them in the building, keep that bad juju away. The following night the White Sox attended a game wearing the red home jerseys. Hawks won that game too. I thought it was pretty funny that the Sox and Cubs wore the different colored jerseys. Can't show up looking the same.

I remember toward the end of the regular season the Cubs went to a game wearing white away jerseys (at the UC). As soon as they showed them, I said out loud, well shoot, we're losing this game. I think the Hawks actually did win. I'm not sure why you'd allow them in the building, keep that bad juju away. The following night the White Sox attended a game wearing the red home jerseys. Hawks won that game too. I thought it was pretty funny that the Sox and Cubs wore the different colored jerseys. Can't show up looking the same.

They can't because they're inherently different organizations.

The Cubs have a "we'll get them next year" mentality such that just making the playoffs is a good season for them. The front office seems to accept the short comings and actually builds on them or, if they get too much heat, overreact and go a different direction too quickly. That's why you see how we've already burned out one young pitcher (Samarjina) and are well on our way to burning out more. They don't have the right corporate culture or outlook on the game, nor do they have the right scouting personnel. They'll never win the World Series while these things remain unfixed.

The White Sox have a "We've gotta win but we're not going to do it the right way" mentality. They're blessed with one of the weakest divisions in the AL top to bottom and they can't compete. They too have fairly poor scouting. The main difference is that they get angry when they finish a season out of contention. The Cubs just shrug and go on with their lives. After all, it's happened for what... 103 years now?

The Cubs are losers. The White Sox are just an average team going through a World Series slump.

Neither are laudable. Neither are really standouts athletically. Just one is a sad case (White Sox) and the other is a punch line (Cubs)

Sorry, I'll stop commenting on baseball.