SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Playoffs '10

jimdahl

I watched a demo at Best Buy. I wore the goofy glasses. I watched 3D content, which was truly amazing. Then I watched a baseball game and let the 3D Samsung TV render a normal HD broadcast into 3D, it was also truly amazing. It seems it gives the video true depth, it doesn't make things pop out at you. Definitely worth buying when the prices of the TV and the glasses come down a bit.

Actually I thought this was a joke at first but it sounds like a really awesome deal.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I don't like about the 3D is that it feels like you're watching whatever through a window. I'd rather have the image "pop out" and not "pop in," more like a hologram. I already wear glasses so I don't want to be putting another pair on top of those 3D ones. Current 3D is a $12 gimick best left for overpriced movie theaters.

Any takers on the Habs tonight? I am.

Rask steals one for the B's.

Big Montreal fan tonight!

Rask has already stole a couple for the Bruins...Go Philly!

I hope you're right. I am begining to sweat this one.

No worries, Goon. They'll pull it out tonight in front of Philly's loony fans. Rask has been one of the best goalies so far in the playoffs - he just needs the guys up front to put a few in.

Pittsburgh fans (DaveK) better hope that Halak isn't on his game tonight like he has been for most of the playoffs or you're in trouble! But I suppose even if the Pens do lose, you can call up Alexander Ovechkin and say "Hey, the Pens made it 1 round further than you - even though we lost to the same team, therefore we're better than you"! (or something like that). :silly:

Haha...Pens self-destructing already.

10 seconds into the game, Crosby gets called for boarding.

15 seconds later, another delayed penalty on the Pens, but the Habs score before the whistle blows anyways only 32 seconds in.

WOOOHOOOO

No worries, Goon. They'll pull it out tonight in front of Philly's loony fans. Rask has been one of the best goalies so far in the playoffs - he just needs the guys up front to put a few in.

Pittsburgh fans (DaveK) better hope that Halak isn't on his game tonight like he has been for most of the playoffs or you're in trouble! But I suppose even if the Pens do lose, you can call up Alexander Ovechkin and say "Hey, the Pens made it 1 round further than you - even though we lost to the same team, therefore we're better than you"! (or something like that). :silly:

You're spot on about the Philly fans they whine more than the Gopher's fans and they are more incoherent than the SCSU fans that I ran into down at the final five.

Rask has been awesome. Series would be 5-1 Philly if not for his play.

Watching the Penguins get eliminated from the playoffs = Priceless. My friend will be crying along with Sid the Kid. :silly:

Agreed. I'm so sick of the media coverage of Sid the whiner. Great player, maybe the best...but i still don't like him.

LMAO @ all of the people who don't like Sid. Let me guess... you felt the same way towards Gretzky back in the 80's? :silly:

Jealousy. :D

ahhh.... i don't think i'd ever compare Gretzky to Sid. Different era, different game.

Haha...Pens self-destructing already.

10 seconds into the game, Crosby gets called for boarding.

15 seconds later, another delayed penalty on the Pens, but the Habs score before the whistle blows anyways only 32 seconds in.

WOOOHOOOO

Wait, what? Crosby got CALLED for a penalty?

Agree to disagree. I'd much rather go deep into the playoffs and come up short than to miss the playoffs altogether.

Well then...congratulations to you and your team on getting beat in the 2nd round instead of the 1st! A job well done! :silly:

LMAO @ all of the people who don't like Sid. Let me guess... you felt the same way towards Gretzky back in the 80's? :silly:

Jealousy. :D

Most of us realized that Cindy Crosby is a good player, but a major cry baby. Also, the NHL Media's love for everything that is Cindy Crosby is over the top.

the Bruins do have one individual player in Blake Wheeler that I am a fan of. So another part of me wants to see Boston win.

Blake Wheeler has been brutal during the playoffs and I hope the Bruins trade him for bag of serviceable pucks.

Blake Wheeler has been brutal during the playoffs and I hope the Bruins trade him for bag of serviceable pucks.

I agree with you, Goon...but it sounds like he might be playing on the first line with Bergeron and Recchi tomorrow night. That should be interesting. If he does play there he better produce!

One thing I must say...I am glad that Toronto took Kessel off the Bruins hands and then crapped their pants this season, so now the B's will get either Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin with the 2nd pick overall in the upcoming draft. To all the Leaf fans in the audience, I thank you!

Julien switches things up at practice