SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Playoffs '10

jimdahl

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yezir! yotes have never won a playoff series since moving to phx so a huge game for the few puck heads out in the desert :D ive never been to a game 7 nhl playoff game before so very excited. hope for a great game. doan is still a game time decision which is huge. hes one of the nicest and hardest working guy in the nhl and has paid his dues here which is why its such a bummer he has been hurt.

I am going to watch that game at work tonight and I really hope the Yotes can do it. I am so sick and tired and bored with the Redwings. Enough is Enough!

I am going to watch that game at work tonight and I really hope the Yotes can do it. I am so sick and tired and bored with the Redwings. Enough is Enough!

i may have a yotes white jersey but if i cant find it ill wear a white sioux jersey :D

i may have a yotes white jersey but if i cant find it ill wear a white sioux jersey :D

Three hours till game time... Bring it home Yotes. I guess being from around here I still have a place in my heart for the team that used to be the Winnipeg Jets. The fact that they have turned it around it one heck of a story.

Three hours till game time... Bring it home Yotes. I guess being from around here I still have a place in my heart for the team that used to be the Winnipeg Jets. The fact that they have turned it around it one heck of a story.

wearing my white Rbk yotes jersey it has provided good karma so far

If the Red Wings win, is it an upset?

If they lose, is it a disappointment?

The Red Wings enter play choosing the last month of the season to start playing like a playoff team, despite being healthy again for a little while longer than that.

They have a rookie goaltender. A good one, but a rookie nonetheless.

The Coyotes are the higher ranked, have been better over more of the season.

It's scoreless after 1 and I'm on the edge of my seat.

caps in 7 :D seriously though, they ae having some major issues and especially on the PP.

Caps like to give fans their money's worth -- 7 game playoff series, no less. :D

Can't be disappointed in the Caps' regular strength offensive control last night, with SOG coming in at 54-22 (the Caps PP woes do continue, and Montreal played the 3 on 5 perfectly). Given that they've missed on 90 of the last 92 shots, I wonder if the Caps need to change their shot strategy... are they so focused on the "hot goalie" that they've become obsessed with sniping in the perfect shot instead of just throwing it at the net? I think "loosen up" will be among Boudreau's advice.

My favorite news quote from today...

Game 7 experience not necessarily advantage

The Washington Capitals are becoming quite accustomed to playing in Game 7s.

"Well we're 1-2 in Game 7, so how can it be an advantage?" Coach Bruce Boudreau said during his news conference earlier this afternoon.

How about the Red Wings rolling into Phoenix and kicking crap out of upstart Coyotes, just like the Yankees in baseball, Wings just keep rolling. Now it's the Sedin brothers against the Red Wings, can you say seven game series.....

Pretty sure the Sedins and the Canucks will have to get by the Blackhawks first... and the Wings will have to get by the Sharks.

Just saying...

that was brutal, jv vs varsity for one night and it was sure a hell of a bad night to play like the yotes did. the red wings were crisp and dominating. just makes you wonder what team detroit will bring to the table next round because they looked like world beaters tonight. should ahve been 4-0 after 1 easily. bryz did all he could. good season for the yotes. ill hope for a pittsburgh vs chicago stanley cup!

Caps are now done, Pens breeze through the East to the Stanley Cup finals again, let's be honest.

I don't know, I would say that the Pens breeze through the East, the Habs might have something to say about that. :D

I don't know, I would say that the Pens breeze through the East, the Habs might have something to say about that. :D

It'll be great if the Habs can take down the high and mighty Penguins.I'm so sick of the media talking about them like they're the greatest team ever and like Crosby is the second coming of God or something.GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

It'll be great if the Habs can take down the high and mighty Penguins.I'm so sick of the media talking about them like they're the greatest team ever and like Crosby is the second coming of God or something.GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

But he is the first coming of the most whiny, diving, skilled little crybaby in the history of the game. Their current team and fanbase are the most sickening thing in the sporting world. Habs had better be prepared to kill off ten or twelve pp per game in this series. Buttman has already lost one of his golden boys, Mr. Clutch -- Ovechkin. It's doubful he'll want to lose another especially to an 8th seed.

they wont win and yes they use crosby a lot but they have to. crosby is one of the best players we have all seen in the history of the nhl so the nhl and tsn/versus has to capitalize on him being the face. hockey is buried on tv for the most part and needs to use sid. hell its not like he doesnt earn the praise and im also not saying others shouldnt get sick of sid as thats just being a fan of sport. just look at his body of work as a hockey player and hes still very very young and as long as hes winning cups and gold medals there will always be haters, comes with the territory. ovy is right there but he will be back in russia driving his cars 175 mph while sids working on his 2nd title. go penguins and go hawks!! im pretty sure sid/malkin/staal and others didnt needs refs help to win a title last season and if it really was that way then the capitals would have magically found a way to play the penguins :D pittsburgh in 6 games and the nhl playoffs are just awesome. so much different from the regular season which doesnt make any sense but ill take it :D

But he is the first coming of the most whiny, diving, skilled little crybaby in the history of the game. Their current team and fanbase are the most sickening thing in the sporting world. Habs had better be prepared to kill off ten or twelve pp per game in this series. Buttman has already lost one of his golden boys, Mr. Clutch -- Ovechkin. It's doubful he'll want to lose another especially to an 8th seed.

That is why some call him Crosbitch.

Thanks for the compliment. :D

I'm a Penguins fan. But I'm also a fan of a lot of other teams. That said, before we all go off running our mouths, I think we should remember before grouping ALL fans into one group that there are those of us on this board that like different teams.

I don't like the Wings. So be it. I admit it. And I'm just going to leave it at that.

they wont win and yes they use crosby a lot but they have to. crosby is one of the best players we have all seen in the history of the nhl so the nhl and tsn/versus has to capitalize on him being the face.

We might want to play the games first. No one gave the Les Habs a chance at winning against the Crapitals either.

they wont win and yes they use crosby a lot but they have to. crosby is one of the best players we have all seen in the history of the nhl so the nhl and tsn/versus has to capitalize on him being the face. hockey is buried on tv for the most part and needs to use sid. hell its not like he doesnt earn the praise and im also not saying others shouldnt get sick of sid as thats just being a fan of sport. just look at his body of work as a hockey player and hes still very very young and as long as hes winning cups and gold medals there will always be haters, comes with the territory. ovy is right there but he will be back in russia driving his cars 175 mph while sids working on his 2nd title. go penguins and go hawks!! im pretty sure sid/malkin/staal and others didnt needs refs help to win a title last season and if it really was that way then the capitals would have magically found a way to play the penguins :D pittsburgh in 6 games and the nhl playoffs are just awesome. so much different from the regular season which doesnt make any sense but ill take it :D

Crosby is a great player and a great leader I would never deny that.And he's already accomplished a lot in his short 5 year career.But I think he's a whiny little cry baby and an arrogant jerk.The way some analysts talk you would think that he's the only great player in the NHL which clearly isn't the case.If there is any justice in the world the Tuxedoed Twits won't repeat as Stanley Cup champions.The NHL playoffs are truly the greatest thing in the world.GO HAWKS!!!!!

We might want to play the games first. No one gave the Les Habs a chance at winning against the Crapitals either.

of course they have a chance, everyone left has a chance but ill take pitt and have taken them from beginning of playoffs along with chicago. then another former sioux player in toews gets his stanley cup :D