SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Playoffs '10

jimdahl

I'm so glad that you feel that way, Goon. You know I'll be thinking of you when I watch the Pens beat the Bruins in the Eastern Conference Finals :silly: . It'll take a team of surgeons to remove the smile from my face. :D

Oh goody... I plan on watching the Habs and the Bruins. :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be Habs/Bruins, and it could be Pens/Flyers. But more than likely it's going to be Pens/Bruins. We'll see...

The Flyers aren't going to win 4 games against the Bruins. The Bruins only have to win one more game in 4 games...

Odds are against it.

The odds favor a Pens/Bruins matchup over a Habs/Bruins matchup. It is now a three game series with two of the three games at Pittsburgh, and Sid doesn't pull a disappearing act in big games like Ovie-rated does. I don't see Montreal advancing to the conference finals but if they do I'll cheer for them over Boston, thinking of you and your attitude all the while. :silly:

That's ok Dave I hate both the Habs and the Pens but I just find the Habs less despicable right now.

I don't like the Habs either, but I'm a fan of Jaroslav Halak and the French word for Goal (which sounds to me like a grown man moo-ing).

Oh, and your boy Crosby is second to our boy Toews now.

3g 2a and still the 3rd period left to finish.

WOW.

I don't like the Habs either, but I'm a fan of Jaroslav Halak and the French word for Goal (which sounds to me like a grown man moo-ing).

WOW.

Pretty soon we are going to hear this; Les Bruins de score de la s

WOW.

Hey I can appreciate a good performance in net and Halak has been awesome this spring. The Habs have played Bettman's favorite team tooth and nail. I don't think the Pens are assured anything with the way that Halak has played in net; this series could go 7 games with the Les Canadiens prevailing once again, like they did against the Capitals. I would love nothing more than to see the rematch of last years playoffs between the Bruins and Les Habitants. Man! This a great time of year.

I wonder if Montreal will let Halak leave now that Gainey's gone.

If they do, I wonder if Detroit will make a run at signing him despite Howard's performance (promising, but not there yet imo).

In case anyone's wondering, if Vokoun does indeed go Free Agent, no way does he end up outside of Philly.

This will probably get lost in the shuffle, but if you have a minute, this is a great story with a lot of great quotes about Bobby Hull and the Chicago Blackhawks.

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/05/golden-...for-bobby-hull/

""Other than the 15 years I skated up and down the rink at Chicago Stadium," said Bobby Hull, "I have never known happiness like I do today."

After a bitter and complete separation of more than 35 years, "The Golden Jet" has returned to his beloved Blackhawks as a team ambassador with fellow Chicago hockey legends Stan Mikita, Tony Esposito and Denis Savard. When Rocky Wirtz assumed the role as team chairman in October 2007 after the death of his father Bill, one of his first moves was to reconnect the fanbase and the franchise with its Original Six roots.

Although he owns a home in Florida, Hull rarely misses a Blackhawks game at the United Center. I spoke with the Hall of Famer in Chicago on Thursday night. Actually, I was more than happy to just sit back and listen."

I wonder if Montreal will let Halak leave now that Gainey's gone.

If they do, I wonder if Detroit will make a run at signing him despite Howard's performance (promising, but not there yet imo).

In case anyone's wondering, if Vokoun does indeed go Free Agent, no way does he end up outside of Philly.

Halak isn't much more experienced than Howard. Price is the guy they'd get rid of. Gainey was completely set on Price as the goalie of the future, but Halak has always had the better stats/performances.

Based on his full year of work, I'd hope Howard is the Wings goalie for years to come. For a first ever playoff run, he can hold his head high. I picked him up halfway through my fantasy hockey season, and he led me to the title.

Halak isn't much more experienced than Howard. Price is the guy they'd get rid of. Gainey was completely set on Price as the goalie of the future, but Halak has always had the better stats/performances.

Based on his full year of work, I'd hope Howard is the Wings goalie for years to come. For a first ever playoff run, he can hold his head high. I picked him up halfway through my fantasy hockey season, and he led me to the title.

I think Howard is going to be a good one. I think Halak looks great, though.

However, the last time I thought that of a Canadiens goaltender, his career track took a somewhat mediocre turn (Jose Theodore).

To correct an earlier claim: Vokoun is NOT a free agent this offseason. He's rumored to be trade material.

In other rumors... Jonathon Quick of the LA Kings is rumored to be on the trade block. I'm not sure exactly why. I don't know what else you wanted of the guy?

Big name free agent goaltenders are Evgeni Nabokov, Marty Turco, and Jose Theodore.

Big name free agent wingers and centers include: Patrick Marleau, Olli Jokinen, Saku Koivu, Matt Cullen, John Madden, Tomas Plekanec, Matthew Lombardi, Tomas Holmstrom, Ilya Kovalchuk,

Big name free agent defensemen include: Nicklas Lidstrom, Sergei Gonchar, Scott Niedermeyer, Paul Martin, Kim Johnsson, Pavel Kubina, Tony Lydman,

I'd say after the Flyers went down 3-0 the odds were against them even getting to a 6th game. I don't think they're going to win the series, but you have to be getting a bit uncomfortable at this point. Having said that, I'll be the first to admit I'm a little nervous about the Habs having extended their series vs. the Pens to a 7th game. I still think the Eastern Conference Finals will be Pittsburgh/Boston, but at this point it could just as easily be Philly/Montreal.

Yeah, it's been an interesting playoffs so far...and it's even better watching in HD.

Yeah, it's been an interesting playoffs so far...and it's even better watching in HD.

I bought a 40 inch HDTV this past winter and I love it and I can't imagine watching on a non-HD tv... :silly:

I bought the 52" Sony HDTV, and since i got it i stay in mostly the HD Channel's...

Now that we live in Boston, ((% of the time we watch stuff on the HD channels...

It is nuts...

Rich T

52" would almost be like they are playing in your living room.

I bought the 52" Sony HDTV, and since i got it i stay in mostly the HD Channel's...

Now that we live in Boston, ((% of the time we watch stuff on the HD channels...

It is nuts...

Rich T

Tis true, hard to watch a non HD channel of anything. During the regular season, I'll look for the HD games and watch instead of the SD games, even when I'd rather watch the teams that are on SD only. Penguins got everything in HD this year, so go Hawks, which would mean next year then the Blackhawks will be in HD all season :silly:

The new LED backlit Samsumg's and Sony's are unreal. Unfortunately, I shelled out the bucks prior to the LEDs being available, Still good, but I really want and LED backlit LCD.

The good; FTA FSSN looks great on the big screen, in spite that it's delivered in SD only.

Other than the size and energy savings, I'm not sold on the LED yet, the picture doesn't seem any richer.

True, my xbr4 is good enough so I can't tell the picture difference, but the total lack of heat produced by the LEDs would be nice.

There is a contingency schedule out there from the NHL that has Winnipeg in the Northwest, Colorado moves to the Pacific. Winnipeg and the Mild would be a nice rivalry!

Yes that would be very nice.

3D TV anyone?

I watched a demo at Best Buy. I wore the goofy glasses. I watched 3D content, which was truly amazing. Then I watched a baseball game and let the 3D Samsung TV render a normal HD broadcast into 3D, it was also truly amazing. It seems it gives the video true depth, it doesn't make things pop out at you. Definitely worth buying when the prices of the TV and the glasses come down a bit.

The thing I don't like about the 3D is that it feels like you're watching whatever through a window. I'd rather have the image "pop out" and not "pop in," more like a hologram. I already wear glasses so I don't want to be putting another pair on top of those 3D ones. Current 3D is a $12 gimick best left for overpriced movie theaters.

Any takers on the Habs tonight? I am.

Rask steals one for the B's.