SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at Bulldogs

gfhockey

Brad says the puck hit the net above the glass before it went into the goal, meaning play should've been ruled dead. TH didn't say anything about that though.

That needs to be reviewed by the league office as well.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a one goal lead and your looking at an empty net KNOWING that you will have to endure a 6 on 4 for 30 seconds, you get offensive@!!!!!!!!!!!@!

Lapoint locks up the puck behind our goal when he should have moved it.

The Sioux would be the best team in the country if they consistantly took more offensive risks.

Hak is the best there is at coaching a puck control definsive game but the man just does not understand risk analysis and how to take appropriate chances when the situation calls for it.

CRAP!!! We had this game and lost it, no one to blame but the boys.....hard practices this week Hak or I am coming back to GF and taking over myself. Meet me at the rink boys, we are skating Herbies until you learn not to blow a 2 goal lead!!!!!!!

Agreed, something's not working, i would have even taken a tie.....

That needs to be reviewed by the league office as well.

Hak commenting on that too. Says that none of the 4 stripes saw that play, and the puck ended up in the net right after that.

It's a non-reviewable play during the game, but yeah, the league office should (though they won't) review that crap.

There are no excuses for losing this game. !@#$ing ridiculous.

However that call on MacWilliam was definitely bull****.

This should've been a sweep not a split.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................

Sioux went into shell, which led to UMD pressure, but the call on MacWilliam to negate the Sioux powerplay and the missed call on the puck hitting the netting before that tying goal DID cost UND the game. Officiating legitimately cost UND the game tonight.

Hak commenting on that too. Says that none of the 4 stripes saw that play, and the puck ended up in the net right after that.

It's a non-reviewable play during the game, but yeah, the league office should (though they won't) review that crap.

Even if they review it, what happens? Do they play the last 30 seconds over, or do they say they messed up and will "try not to let that happend again"?

Hak Ripping on the refs for not calling it dead when it went off the netting

So what is his gripe for puking up 2 goal leads in 8 other games??!! This issue is going to continue to kill this team if they don't get it figured out soon!

Even if they review it, what happens? Do they play the last 30 seconds over, or do they say they messed up and will "try not to let that happened again"?

UND will get a letter from the WCHA with an apology letter saying they are sorry maybe they get suspended. Just for the record the ref Mason is a UMD alumni.

Screw the reviews. You don't need reviews and complaints to the refs if you put your opponents away, and don't let them linger. I'm surprised he isn't blaming the ice, wrong tape on the blades, curvature of the Earth, or whatever. Typical. ???

Hak did gripe about the puck hitting the netting, but other than that he was not sugar coating it. He said they need to find a killer instinct and start putting teams away. He said they played well for the most part, but can't be happy or satisfied with that.

Lot of youth on this team. That might explain some of the issues of holding 2 goals leads in the WCHA (a man's league).

Ok...once, twice...but 9 times in 16 games!? ???;) Com'n now! You are sounding like Hak!

When you have a one goal lead and your looking at an empty net KNOWING that you will have to endure a 6 on 4 for 30 seconds, you get offensive@!!!!!!!!!!!@!

Lapoint locks up the puck behind our goal when he should have moved it.

The Sioux would be the best team in the country if they consistantly took more offensive risks.

Hak is the best there is at coaching a puck control definsive game but the man just does not understand risk analysis and how to take appropriate chances when the situation calls for it.

The empty net goal for the Sioux last night was a unusual for the Sioux.

I would be willing to bet that in the last 5 years the Sioux have the least empty net goals in the country.

We play STUPID hockey with a lead.

We change into a bad hockey team with a lead.

Like I said we should have been all offense when they pulled their goalie knowing that in a minute they were going to be getting a 6 on 4 to the horn!

Risk analysis!

Maybe Hak should read some Gambling books????

It sucks but I'm sure the team cares about it a lot more than the whiners here. They played hard and it didn't work out.

Vandy was felt in all the lost faceoffs, which take a toll over the course of the game. You end up chasing the other team all night long.

Add the puck in the netting to a list of odd things that have happened to the Sioux so far this year. Hopefully some of those breaks come back the other way later this season.