SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at Bulldogs

gfhockey

The thread now returns back to the bitchin' and moanin'.....

So besides the fact we have trouble holding a 2 goal lead, we are also 0-5 when we score less than 3 goals and we are 1-5 in 1 goal outcome games with 2 ties.

You can call it how you see it I guess...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sioux are also winless in games when they've been outscored. Facts don't lie, man. On the bright side, they're undefeated when they score more than the opponent.

I like that! I still think that UND is sitting fine they are like 7th in the PWR and RPI. At least they aren't going to have to go on a death march to make the tourney in the next two months.

Anyone else at the game last night see Jackson give the refs the finger after the game? He was absolutely irrate with the last play with the netting issue.

Also, It just goes to show you how poor this league is with its officials. For the first 55 minutes of the game, the referees called the game a certain way. And all of a sudden, for the final 5, they changed their minds on how to call the game. From my seats, the 2 penalties they called on us and the 1 on them at the end were good calls. The simple fact is they were letting holding and interference go all night on both teams, and then at the end decide to change it up. Ridiculous.

Lastly, did anyone else see what Olson did to Kristo behind the play that the referees never saw? All I saw was Kristo on the ice in front of the Duluth net with the play in the neutral zone. Kristo went right after him.

Anyone else at the game last night see Jackson give the refs the finger after the game? He was absolutely irrate with the last play with the netting issue.

Also, It just goes to show you how poor this league is with its officials. For the first 55 minutes of the game, the referees called the game a certain way. And all of a sudden, for the final 5, they changed their minds on how to call the game. From my seats, the 2 penalties they called on us and the 1 on them at the end were good calls. The simple fact is they were letting holding and interference go all night on both teams, and then at the end decide to change it up. Ridiculous.

Lastly, did anyone else see what Olson did to Kristo behind the play that the referees never saw? All I saw was Kristo on the ice in front of the Duluth net with the play in the neutral zone. Kristo went right after him.

There was two penalties called the whole game for each team. The camera never caught it but he must have cheap shotted him.

Does anyone know if there is video of the puck hitting the netting or was anyone watching the game online or in the stands to honestly say one way or another whether it hit the netting? I am just curious. Thanks.

I watched the video last night of the goal about 6 times and it's of such poor quality of video that you can't really see the puck, however, you can see Eidsness look up to indicated that the puck went high and then the bounce back to the UMD forward was at an angle we normally don't see which makes the viewer at home infer that it probably hit the net behind the goal. I also have had a Bulldog fan post on my blog that he saw it hit the net as well.

It's almost like the Marvin Hit most of the people in the building saw it the morons reffing the game.

Here are two of the posts that were posted on the blog:

USAFA Bulldog said... From my seats directly behind the net (above the band) I can say that four of us unquestionably saw that the puck did hit the net. However, my Dad talked to someone at his church who was only 1 section over from us and they didn't see it happen, so it certainly could have been one that was tough to see, depending on the angle you were at.

mrjones19 said...

I was in section 21 which is on the side of the goal and that puck definitely hit the net nearly 5 or 6 feet above the glass. I couldnt believe that the refs didn't blow it dead...needless to say i was even more shocked when about 8 seconds later the dogs tied it up. Big time B.S. but in all honesty the dogs outplayed us from the drop of the puck in the 3rd period so we kind of have it coming but we did not deserve to lose it on a complete non-call. Guess we just have to keep working hard and create our own luck further down the road

This kind of has to do with the Duluth game since both games had goals scored at the end of regulation with only one goalie on the ice.

When the Gophers used to be one of the better teams (all those long years ago), they seemed to be able to put teams away when the opponent pulled their goalie. It was like they had a set play breaking a forward out and get a pass into the neutral zone for an easy open-netter.

I am curious if anyone knows if the Sioux have a set play break out when there is an empty net in front of them and if the situation is practiced with intentions of getting the EN.

To me it seems like the Sioux just try to survive, and if they do get it out of the zone it is more of a mad scramble than to get the empty netter.

This kind of has to do with the Duluth game since both games had goals scored at the end of regulation with only one goalie on the ice.

When the Gophers used to be one of the better teams (all those long years ago), they seemed to be able to put teams away when the opponent pulled their goalie. It was like they had a set play breaking a forward out and get a pass into the neutral zone for an easy open-netter.

I am curious if anyone knows if the Sioux have a set play break out when there is an empty net in front of them and if the situation is practiced with intentions of getting the EN.

To me it seems like the Sioux just try to survive, and if they do get it out of the zone it is more of a mad scramble than to get the empty netter.

Though I like the EN goal, I'm really not too concerned if they don't happen provided:

1. We don't get scored upon during that time period

2. We don't pull a Patrick Stefan