SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Ohio St. and Miami

AZSIOUX

I didn't think it was too bad, I have seen worse. Both teams got the elbows up on a lot of checks and they called a lot of contact to the head because of it. I don't have a problem with that call as concussions are starting to become a problem throughout sports. Keep the elbows down and use the body........

The interference calls, I just sometimes begin to wonder what constitutes interference and what doesn't. If you are going to call it, call it consistently in ALL areas of the ice. That would probably be my biggest grip is being consistent. Let the players know how you are going to call the game and stick with it.

Looking forward to LISTENING to some Beaver victories this weekend! Green over Red in all games!

hear, hear! to that :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, I wish the Fighting Sioux Network would webcast the BSU games. I know I would purchase them, along with several other BSU fans that can't make the trip. I bet there are some Ohio State and Miami fans that would lay a few $$$ down also.

Get your own damn network now that you have a new arena next year and will be joining the WCHA! Do you expect all the other schools to carry your lunch still? No Excuses now buddy!!!

I like BSU, jk........ until you beat the Sioux. :)

Boy, I wish the Fighting Sioux Network would webcast the BSU games. I know I would purchase them, along with several other BSU fans that can't make the trip. I bet there are some Ohio State and Miami fans that would lay a few $$$ down also.

I just checked on Fighting Sioux.com and it says there will be webcast for all 4 games. I think it is around 5.00 for a 24 hr pass, I pay 9.95 for a month. Hope this helps.

back to the topic at hand, since frankly the genoway talk is depressing, and we wish him the speediest of full recoveries... anyone know why hunter bishop has only played in a little over half of ohio states games? injury? i would guess he is not a healthy scratch since he was one of their leading returning scorers. just wondering if anyone knew the deal... any ohio state fans out there?

From the Sioux blog:

Today's weekly press conference was more of the same: No good news about Chay Genoway.

Coach Dave Hakstol said that we're still in the same position as we were a week and a half ago, which means Genoway is out indefinitely. That means he won't be playing in the Subway Holiday Classic. UND is 7-1-1 with Genoway and 0-3 without him.

Other than Genoway, everyone else should be available for the weekend.

I asked Darcy Zajac about seeing his former UND classmate, Hunter Bishop, on the other side of the rink on Friday night. Bishop transferred to Ohio State. Zajac said that the UND players kept in touch with him quite a bit for the first year. Since, they haven't talked much.

"He would have been a senior with me," Zajac said. "Kind of excited to play him, excited to see him.... and hopefully we can give him a loss."

As far as Thanksgiving meals go, Hakstol said that the team will just have its normal team meal Thursday night after practice. This one might have a little bit more of a Thanksgiving theme to it, though.

Bemidji State is going to travel to Grand Forks on Thursday and have Thanksgiving with the Vaaler family.

TV/Webcast coverage for the Subway Holiday Classic

http://www.fightingsioux.com//ViewArticle....TCLID=204840451

The Sioux games will be on Webcast, Radio (96.1 FM), and TV (FSSN, Fox College Sports Atlantic).

The Bemidji State games will be available on Webcast ONLY.

The SIOUXtra Webcast is available on www.FightingSioux.com. You can purchase a 24-hour pass for $5.95 or a 1-month subscription for $9.95.

back to the topic at hand, since frankly the genoway talk is depressing, and we wish him the speediest of full recoveries... anyone know why hunter bishop has only played in a little over half of ohio states games? injury? i would guess he is not a healthy scratch since he was one of their leading returning scorers. just wondering if anyone knew the deal... any ohio state fans out there?

That's a good question...I noticed how well he played last year also. It must be an injury thing, I see no other reason he wouldn't be seeing ice time other than an off-ice incident, but I won't make any assumptions on that, nor would think he would have been out for that many games for anything either.

Miami is overrated.

A couple years ago I would have agreed with that statement. They have a pretty darn good TEAM. They don't have the most talented players, but the ones they do have are well-coached and play well together. I'll let the season determine who's overrated and who isn't.

I describe Miami as thus: SCSU that's won a few NCAA tourney games.

They can be potentially dangerous, they think very highly of themselves, and they've proved nothing yet.

I'm pretty sure that they played for a National title last year. That's a proving something, and is a lot more than SCSU has done.