SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

Regardless of potential locker room problems, this current Sioux squad has a feel, a vibe that it's going to be an enjoyable and fun season. The three

seniors are talented, not as many as the 8 that graduated, but pound for pound every bit if not more talented. I think those eight for the most part, overachieved, i.e., did Finley ever learn how to skate, say like Commodore or Green? I think not. This 09-10 team, the sky is the limit, especially with a fast start, rather than chasing, being chased.

If it's not anyone business why did Hak mention it on the Coaches show?

If it was everyone's business he would of said what it was. It's my personal opinion that it's not anyone's business. You don't have to agree with me, that's just how I feel on the matter. I listened to the coach's show but didn't think twice about it. Issues can be vague. Whatever goes on behind closed doors is their business as well as how they choose to deal with locker room issues and I trust that they are taken care of. He probably mentioned it b/c it had to do with how they prepared for this weekend's road trip and how it affected preparation. If it was important for everyone to know it would have been said. It could be so many different things you're only going to drive yourself crazy wondering what it is. So I'm not going to waste my time stressing over it. That's just how I feel about it.

Never said anyone had to agree with me. :D

I didn't hear it, but is it possible it's not related at all to "the room," but instead to the actual locker room. Like, for instance, some physical attribute of a UAA locker room?

They did have a scoreboard fall on the ice a few seasons ago. Perhaps their visitor locker room is in shambles? :D

I didn't hear it, but is it possible it's not related at all to "the room," but instead to the actual locker room. Like, for instance, some physical attribute of a UAA locker room?

Maybe the water for the showers comes right off one of the many glaciers in Alaska, and they are having trouble heating it up. That would be "an issue", wouldn't it? My God....the intrigue!!

Cou"d it be related to the fact that Danny Kristo is playing like a puck hog? Oh, did I say that? Talented kid, needs to pick his spots.

This is a message board for speculation, so I am not inclined to give privacy or leeway on the matter of a locker room issue.

Ilove the way that everyone is playing so far with the exceptions of Kristo and Eidsness.

Eidsness' stats are great, but watching him last weekend, dinking around outside the net; I'm not a big fan of his flopping around outside the crease and not controling rebounds.

Kristo has mad stick skill. He just needs to stop gripping his stick so tight...its turning purple!

Go Sioux!

Cou"d it be related to the fact that Danny Kristo is playing like a puck hog? Oh, did I say that? Talented kid, needs to pick his spots.

This is a message board for speculation, so I am not inclined to give privacy or leeway on the matter of a locker room issue.

Ilove the way that everyone is playing so far with the exceptions of Kristo and Eidsness.

Eidsness' stats are great, but watching him last weekend, dinking around outside the net; I'm not a big fan of his flopping around outside the crease and not controling rebounds.

Kristo has mad stick skill. He just needs to stop gripping his stick so tight...its turning purple!

Go Sioux!

I guess I haven't noticed Kristo hogging the puck the only noticeable thing I see that he needs to work on is to catch Chay's "slap pass" or whatever the hell that is he does(or maybe he could just pass it) I dont know what kind of expectations you had for him if you arent happy with a point per game pace.

If it's not anyone business why did Hak mention it on the Coaches show?

agreed. i think a discussion about potential team issues in the locker room is appropriate on a message board for that team. staying afoot of incidents that could affect the team if not dealt with is part of following a sports team. like goon said, if it was something the team really wanted to keep a secret, hakstol wouldn't have said anything about it.

The locker room issue could also be used to cover an illness that is going around, like the flu with the woman's team. I mean I tend to think that is not the case, but it could be. I think even with the smaller number of veterans on this team, they will get things sorted out in a hurry. I don't see it affecting their on ice performance.

I think this precisely.

Who says a "locker room issue" has to be something disciplinary?

Maybe that's the new PC way of saying the flu bug is going around? I mean, Toews is out with a concussion but it's listed as an "upper body injury."

Maybe players' hair care products are starting to walk off?

A problem with not washing used socks and its stinking up the room?

Maybe the "locker room issue" has to do with the facility itself? Maybe there's an electrical fault and the part that is needed to fix it is on order?

I dunno.

Go Sioux!

Put me in the category of agreeing with this ^ post.

friday night: sioux 3, seawolves 3. eids in net

sat night: sioux 4, seawolves 2. dell in net

i also saw some concerning patterns in eids' game last weekend. i actually thought he looked very unsettled the first half of friday's game, but the goofs couldn't capitalize. that being said, he is 3-0-1 with a shutout, and i think he will become a force this season.

can't say i think kristo is being a puck hog, but to each their own. i think he is immensely talented, and will eventually settle in with his linemates. like someone stated, he is going at a piont per game clip... ill take that.

as to fienhage, i never said gleason or blood weren't better or deserved to be in, but how much longer do you think he will sit up in the pressbox and watch hockey games? he's a big body, high draft pick, and needs playing time to improve. look at how much blood improved, which i think all the playing time he got last year was a big part of that. i love the dman combos we have right now, but i feel for fienhage as he seems to be the odd man out, and i wouldn't be too surprised, if he continues not to play, that he might jump to juniors to get some ice time, and i wouldn't blame him.

I'm not necessarily going to complain about Kristo at this juncture, since it seems that every season we eventually reach a point where we start complaining about "one too many passes" leading to missed opportunities by the forwards. We may grow to appreciate his willingness to let it fly.

I'm not necessarily going to complain about Kristo at this juncture, since it seems that every season we eventually reach a point where we start complaining about "one too many passes" leading to missed opportunities by the forwards. We may grow to appreciate his willingness to let it fly.

bingo, we heard the same thing about our captain 3 years ago.

Exactly. Once he starts burying a few of them, I don't think too many people will have an issue anymore.