SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

Another classy post.

I'll give him this! The MUMMY and his wife RAN AWAY as soon as the first card in the HOUSE OF CARDS started falling - left to the protestations and gnashing of teeth of the ndsu "faithful"...NOW - your Presidents house is a money pit....your historical old buildings crumble to dust....$2 Milllion in debt...and VERY unlikely you'll be invited to a DANCE this year (or for several years to come)

Oh yeah - Joe Chapman did a great job for you guys! Have a good time digging out for years to come while you maintain he was such a great guy...he was ALL ABOUT HIMSELF and he's laughing at you now morons...what a joke!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give him this! The MUMMY and his wife RAN AWAY as soon as the first card in the HOUSE OF CARDS started falling - left to the protestations and gnashing of teeth of the ndsu "faithful"...NOW - your Presidents house is a money pit....your historical old buildings crumble to dust....$2 Milllion in debt...and VERY unlikely you'll be invited to a DANCE this year (or for several years to come)

Oh yeah - Joe Chapman did a great job for you guys! Have a good time digging out for years to come while you maintain he was such a great guy...he was ALL ABOUT HIMSELF and he's laughing at you now morons...what a joke!

Funny post coming from a fan of a school that has had how many AD's and presidents in the last few years?:sad:?

Funny post coming from a fan of a school that has had how many AD's and presidents in the last few years? :sad: ?

Let's compare, apples to apples. Our President spend $2000. to go to DC, your President spend $22,000. which includes $4300. for two nights in a hotel. Both trips were for the same event and time frame. Each University was given a budget of $900,000 for construction of a President's home. Joe's house was overbudget by $1.55M The construction for UND's President's house budget was over by $365,000. :huh:

Let's compare, apples to apples. Our President spend $2000. to go to DC, your President spend $22,000. which includes $4300. for two nights in a hotel. Both trips were for the same event and time frame. Each University was given a budget of $900,000 for construction of a President's home. Joe's house was overbudget by $1.55M The construction for UND's President's house budget was over by $365,000. :sad:

Hey now...you are actually making sense! :huh: You know those from SU don't care for that sort of thing!

What does the CORRUPTION of Joe Chapman's presidency have to do with the number of athletic directors or Presidents we have had at UND this century? There are a lot of people to blame in Fargo. There were a lot of top administrators that constantly looked the other way. Joe is laughing all the way to the bank. I wonder if he is also as humiliated as he should be. I am sure he is to arrogant to feel any remorse.

Funny post coming from a fan of a school that has had how many AD's and presidents in the last few years? :sad: ?

Depends on what you think a few years is? I would say that a few would mean the last 4 or 5, so I would say that the count is 2 presidents since one of them retired. and with ADs - 3....if you count Thomas who left on Feb. 18, 2005. This is of course not counting interim athletic directors.

No one is saying that UND hasn't had its problems. But NDSU is having major problems right now, and you can not deny that.

I am slightly confused on how UND's president retiring and a new one coming in caused problems? Kupchella required not because of an issue, but because he wanted to. Roger Thomas left to take a new job, which people do all the time. Buning is possibly the only one that you could say left under controversy. And UND as well as UND fans have admitted to that....so, how does that compare to you?

Funny post coming from a fan of a school that has had how many AD's and presidents in the last few years?:D?

Just to keep this all CLASSY here's a little REMEDIAL reading for you Dan! (We understand where you went to college and where you Majored in basket weaving but HERE'S A NEW SKILL! Here at UND we call it CLASSIC LITERATURE 101 and a fun little story called...)

THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES!

I know READING is hard BisonFans...all I ask is you TRY!

(aka..JOE CHAPMAN - The 'SU YEARS!)

WARNING: Contains NUDITY! (That's just an incentive for LakesBison to actually read a book - MY BAD! :lol: )

...and JUST TO HELP Dan - (I know you're a little slow) READ the story I linked..substitute UNKY JOE for the "Emperor".... follow along until he realize he WAS naked ALL the time! Which he was THEN realize he fooled you idiots into throwing him a goodbye/"OhNO PLEASE Dont' go JOE!" party for him?:D He was laughing all the way to the bank at YOUR EXPENSE!

He's STILL laughing at you idiots in retirement in Arizona while you muddle in $2 million dollars of debt...AND his WIFE is laughing at you for paying her $50G's a year for hosting parties...what a bunch of DOUCHEBAGS you are - and just like you've been the "pioneers" in DI? - go ahead and dig you own way out of this mess you created you A-holes but stop bugging the good taxpayers of ND to help you out. NO CHANCE!

(* - I should start a thread saying what I REALLY MEAN! - oh - maybe I have right here....)

...and JUST TO HELP Dan - (I know you're a little slow) READ the story I linked..substitute UNKY JOE for the "Emperor".... follow along until he realize he WAS naked ALL the time! Which he was THEN realize he fooled you idiots into throwing him a goodbye/"OhNO PLEASE Dont' go JOE!" party for him?:D He was laughing all the way to the bank at YOUR EXPENSE!

He's STILL laughing at you idiots in retirement in Arizona while you muddle in $2 million dollars of debt...AND his WIFE is laughing at you for paying her $50G's a year for hosting parties...what a bunch of DOUCHEBAGS you are - and just like you've been the "pioneers" in DI? - go ahead and dig you own way out of this mess you created you A-holes but stop bugging the good taxpayers of ND to help you out. NO CHANCE!

(* - I should start a thread saying what I REALLY MEAN! - oh - maybe I have right here....)

Still classy - I see you post a lot at 1:40am or so it must be the time you get home from sweeping up at McDonalds everynight.

Still classy - I see you post a lot at 1:40am or so it must be the time you get home from sweeping up at McDonalds everynight.

Or possibly he/she is the owner of the McD's and was there checking to make sure that the crew, all NDSU Ph. D. grads, didn't skim some coin from the till!

You guys had Kuchella, the only person I can possibly think of that was more arrogant than Chapman. We can talk all day about the wisdom of Chapman vs. Kuppy, but I don't think you want to go close to that one. One guy's arrogance drove his school to new levels, and the other drove his school into the tank. Chapman could have killed a couple of people along the way and I'd take him that that in matchup any day of the week. You guys have some short memories.

We can talk all day about the wisdom of Chapman vs. Kuppy, but I don't think you want to go close to that one.

No, you go ahead. Tell us how Kup's arrogance resulted in $1.55M overage in his personal residence, how took his entire family to DC on the school's dime$22.000 staying $4300. for three nights at a 'Holiday Inn Express', or how his wife got $50,000/yr for being the President's wife....oops, wrong President.

:D

No, you go ahead. Tell us how Kup's arrogance resulted in $1.55M overage in his personal residence, how took his entire family to DC on the school's dime$22.000 staying $4300. for three nights at a 'Holiday Inn Express', or how his wife got $50,000/yr for being the President's wife....oops, wrong President.

:D

But he was president when they went D1. Oh you mean there is more to being president than athletics and there is actually a budget that has to be followed.

I suppose if Kuppy would have been smart enough to spend money that wasn't there than the two would have been on equal grounds. One had a budget and stuck to it and left the school better academically. The other spent whatever he wanted and left the school in debt. What else would they like to compare?

You guys had Kuchella, the only person I can possibly think of that was more arrogant than Chapman. We can talk all day about the wisdom of Chapman vs. Kuppy, but I don't think you want to go close to that one. One guy's arrogance drove his school to new levels, and the other drove his school into the tank. Chapman could have killed a couple of people along the way and I'd take him that that in matchup any day of the week. You guys have some short memories.

To the "Cleopatras", the end justifies the means. The goal was to have a bigger enrollment than UND at any cost (The end). Budgets be damned (The means).

NDSU is now paying for the means.

Think you are reading Kuchella entirely wrong: he wasn't arrogant, just incredibly inept socially and with little media savy. How his son ever became an anchorman in MSP - those genes certainly didn't come from his father.

I know that your statement about Chapman killing someone and you'd still support him is in jest (or at least I hope so), but Chapman literally did kill careers if it served him and NDSU. Chapman played the political system like a fiddle until fires he started could not be put out. He left too many knives in peoples' backs - by taking no responsibility for irresponsible actions among his former allies - he created numerous enemies even within NDSU. Basically, Chapman waged guerilla warfare in the NDUS system, all the time presenting himself as this nice old grandfather figure that wouldn't harm jack (rabbit).

NDSU moving to an entirely higher level is a good thing: many of the means it was accomplished were not. To undo some of the landmines Chapman left, a new NDSU president of high character and politically saviness will be needed to navigate the warzone Chapman left.

To undo some of the landmines Chapman left, a new NDSU president of high character and politically saviness will be needed to navigate the warzone Chapman left.

I have no doubt that there is a lot more crap Joe has done to his beloved NDSU that hasn't been made public. Perhaps, some of Joe's butt kissing smiffing lapdogs administrators/assistants can help the new administration by revealing them so they can, hopefully, be fixed before more harm has been done.

I have no doubt that there is a lot more crap Joe has done to his beloved NDSU that hasn't been made public. Perhaps, some of Joe's butt kissing smiffing lapdogs administrators/assistants can help the new administration by revealing them so they can, hopefully, be fixed before more harm has been done.

Doubt that will happen: too embarassing to the state, the NDUS system, and to NDSU. And in the meantime, Chapman can remain a deity within the NDSU herd.

To the "Cleopatras", the end justifies the means. The goal was to have a bigger enrollment than UND at any cost (The end). Budgets be damned (The means).

NDSU is now paying for the means.

Here's an honest question for you: what's the undergrad enrollment at Saint Cloud State University? Hmm? You know it?

>18k. Blows away both NDSU and UND.

Is anyone in their right mind going to ever say that SCSU is on par with either NDSU or UND, in terms of academics? No. Never. Both ND flagships are light years ahead of the MN state school both in terms of quality of education as well as research.

But thanks for bringing up yet another red herring attempt to trash Chapman. :D

Think you are reading Kuchella entirely wrong: he wasn't arrogant, just incredibly inept socially and with little media savy. How his son ever became an anchorman in MSP - those genes certainly didn't come from his father.

I know that your statement about Chapman killing someone and you'd still support him is in jest (or at least I hope so), but Chapman literally did kill careers if it served him and NDSU. Chapman played the political system like a fiddle until fires he started could not be put out. He left too many knives in peoples' backs - by taking no responsibility for irresponsible actions among his former allies - he created numerous enemies even within NDSU. Basically, Chapman waged guerilla warfare in the NDUS system, all the time presenting himself as this nice old grandfather figure that wouldn't harm jack (rabbit).

NDSU moving to an entirely higher level is a good thing: many of the means it was accomplished were not. To undo some of the landmines Chapman left, a new NDSU president of high character and politically saviness will be needed to navigate the warzone Chapman left.

Put your money where your mouth is.

I want to know of all the things Chapman did that you claim are so bad.

Doubt that will happen: too embarassing to the state, the NDUS system, and to NDSU. And in the meantime, Chapman can remain a deity within the NDSU herd.

Pretty telling when the diety being worshipped is a thief. Oh wait, I forget, misappropriating millions of dollars in funds in not considered stealing in NDSU-speak.

Here's an honest question for you: what's the undergrad enrollment at Saint Cloud State University? Hmm? You know it?

Is anyone in their right mind going to ever say that SCSU is on par with either NDSU or UND, in terms of academics? No. Never. Both ND flagships are light years ahead of the MN state school both in terms of quality of education as well as research.

St. Cloud State University = red herring.

How the heck does that even enter this discussion? Why not bring up the enrollment at Utah Valley State?

What does SCSU's enrollment have to do with UND or NDSU?

Think. Before. Type.

St. Cloud State University = red herring.

How the heck does that even enter this discussion? Why not bring up the enrollment at Utah Valley State?

Oh now you play dumb after you were the one who brought the red herring up in the first place. :D

Your claim was that Chapman put NDSU into a deficit in order to get NDSU's enrollment above UND's enrollment.

I exactly refuted that by noting that a regional, undergrad school has enrollment that blows away both NDSU and UND.

Enrollment is a non-issue.

Nice try though.

Oh now you play dumb after you were the one who brought the red herring up in the first place. :D

Your claim was that Chapman put NDSU into a deficit in order to get NDSU's enrollment above UND's enrollment.

I exactly refuted that by noting that a regional, undergrad school has enrollment that blows away both NDSU and UND.

Enrollment is a non-issue.

Nice try though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: