SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

Did he know he would be taking $22k away from the school (and did the money directly or indirectly (through transfers from other funds) come from a fund that was meant to be spent on the school) prior to making the decision to take his family with on the vacation?

I think this could very easily have been innocent intentions that look very bad out of context.

You are so lost on this subject!!! When does reality start to sink in with you and that not everything is perfect in Bison land? One can only be in denial for so long...

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this could very easily have been innocent intentions that look very bad out of context.

Do you have children?? If you do, with that "reasoning" above, they are probably working you over! :angry:

That comment above sounds like something you'd hear from an enabling parent.

Did he know he would be taking $22k away from the school (and did the money directly or indirectly (through transfers from other funds) come from a fund that was meant to be spent on the school) prior to making the decision to take his family with on the vacation?

Where else would he think the money was coming from? The tooth fairy? UND?

Think about it. Be rational.

You are smarter than that. And so was Joe.

Where else would he think the money was coming from? The tooth fairy? UND?

Think about it. Be rational.

You are smarter than that. And so was Joe.

How do you know there is not some discretionary fund that the president gets to use? We really are in the dark here. And unless someone cares to shed some light, I am not going to assume anything. Especially not for the sake of being "rational".

If NDSU has a fund sitting around with $22,000+ sitting in it that is not meant to be spent on the school than you just single handily figured out why they are in debt. See they could actually use that fund on the school.

But that's not the attitude I'm referring to. I'm referring to the tacit suggestion I'm seeing here that Chapman did this on purpose. That a man who loved NDSU with all his heart would steal money from its donors and students for his own personal gain.

Considering his actions within the NDUS, there is a precedent for Chapman to go around rules and do pretty much anything he feels like for his own personal gain.

Then lay your evidence on the table...I mean it's so obvious, right?

That is why they are going through the audits right now. If you are so confident that he did nothing wrong you should have no problem with people calling for these audits. Yet for some reason you keep insisting that there is nothing to see and want everyone to turn a blind eye.

That is why they are going through the audits right now. If you are so confident that he did nothing wrong you should have no problem with people calling for these audits. Yet for some reason you keep insisting that there is nothing to see and want everyone to turn a blind eye.

Chapman is calling for the audits you nincompoop. Obviously he has nothing to hide.

And how does an audit prove that he intentionally planned to deceive the students and faculty of NDSU and the taxpayers of North Dakota by stealing money from them for his personal benefit?

Chapman is calling for the audits you nincompoop. Obviously he has nothing to hide.

In The Famous Words of Bill Clinton:

"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Denying something doesn't mean it isn't true.

"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

How does an audit prove that he intentionally planned to deceive the students and faculty of NDSU and the taxpayers of North Dakota by stealing money from them for his personal benefit?

QUOTE (MplsBison @ Jan 27 2010, 10:17 PM) post_snapback.gifChapman is calling for the audits you nincompoop. Obviously he has nothing to hide.

I had to un-ignore MplsBison to see what prompted this response and see that he hasn't changed. Still name calling, I see. Oh well, back on ignore.

How does an audit prove that he intentionally planned to deceive the students and faculty of NDSU and the taxpayers of North Dakota by stealing money from them for his personal benefit?

Do you understand the circle you keep going around?

So if the audit comes back that he did take money from the donors of NDSU and whoever for "his personal benefit", now you want them to prove that he intentionally took the money? How do you un-intentionally take money?

Am I correct?

I sure hope not.

Do you understand the circle you keep going around?

So if the audit comes back that he did take money from the donors of NDSU and whoever for "his personal benefit", now you want them to prove that he intentionally took the money? How do you un-intentionally take money?

Am I correct?

I sure hope not.

That's my point, an audit is just going to dig up where the money came from. It is not going to prove a malicious intent.

Maybe there was a misunderstanding, who knows.

It's going to take some email to the effect of Joe Chapman telling someone "haha! I got away with it! they'll never catch me! hahaha!!" for me to believe it was an intentional taking of the money for personal benefit.

Chapman was held accountable in Fargo and lost his job. What more do you want? Do you want a trial?

What happened with the spending over-runs in Grand Forks? Who was held accountable and lost their job over that? Maybe this discussion should focus on that issue where there was no accountability.

Chapman was held accountable in Fargo and lost his job. What more do you want? Do you want a trial?

What happened with the spending over-runs in Grand Forks? Who was held accountable and lost their job over that? Maybe this discussion should focus on that issue where there was no accountability.

First off, He wasn't held accountable and he didn't lose his job. He ducked and ran. He denied any wrongdoing and resigned. He wasn't fired. He resigned.

Secondly, if anyone did do this at UND, they should be held accountable and fired from their job. I don't think anyone here is arguing that.

That's my point, an audit is just going to dig up where the money came from. It is not going to prove a malicious intent.

Maybe there was a misunderstanding, who knows.

It's going to take some email to the effect of Joe Chapman telling someone "haha! I got away with it! they'll never catch me! hahaha!!" for me to believe it was an intentional taking of the money for personal benefit.

Misunderstanding? I can just imagine how that conversation would have went regarding all the extras on the house NDSU built for him.

Maybe you guys should be asking questions not only about your own presidents house cost overruns but also the yearly shortage that the Alerus Center runs and is costing taxpayers. The shortages that building costs yearly ever since it's been opened have far exceeded any cost overrun the presidents house at NDSU has cost. Of course that wouldn't be any fun because you couldn't continually bash NDSU and Chapman for it.

How can some people be so blatantly prejudice for NDSU to not be able to accept what is right in front of their face. Chapman's actions or lack of actions are so obvious there really isn't a debate. It is time to take off the rose colored glasses. You are just looking silly.

Lefty, let me just ask this: what would have happened to Chapman in your ideal situation?

All the answers haven't been made public yet so I wouldn't have done anything yet about his status as president of NDSU.

Let me ask you a question:

If Chapman didn't do anything wrong, why did he quit and run? If he's got nothing to hide, why not stand on his morals and fight these charges while still the president of NDSU?

Maybe you guys should be asking questions not only about your own presidents house cost overruns but also the yearly shortage that the Alerus Center runs and is costing taxpayers. The shortages that building costs yearly ever since it's been opened have far exceeded any cost overrun the presidents house at NDSU has cost. Of course that wouldn't be any fun because you couldn't continually bash NDSU and Chapman for it.

I think I'd have to agree with this one. While the Bison fans do not want to admit any wrong doing with their issues and it's far more than the President's house the Alerus is a nightmare! However...you will find the majority of people on this site that wish we could redo the vote and veto. It's a disaster...we know it...but the difference is we know it and admit it. Bison fans or at least some here are in denial. I still believe the citizens were frauded in they city leaders back then knew Ralph was donating the money but wanted this thing so bad and thought two domes in GF would be better than the one in Fargo.