SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance that one of those rocks is the Dakota Marker?

Possibly...Bohl could have stole it and is trying to "hide" it among the rest of them in front of his house as he knows he has no chance of getting back with a win on Sat.!

Cowering in the corner! What do you think they were going to do after they let Chapman, almost singlehandedly, run Potts out of the state. Chapman had that whole crew by the stones after that fiasco. The SBoHE enabled Chapman prior to the Potts mess, but after that Big Joe knew he was in charge.

I don't disagree with you, but then who undercut Potts? The rest of the board. The Governor? The legislators?

If we don't fix the underlying problem we'll see this again.

I don't disagree with you, but then who undercut Potts? The rest of the board. The Governor? The legislators?

If we don't fix the underlying problem we'll see this again.

IMO, the SBoHE enabled Joe to the point Joe knew he was bigger than the board itself. Without question, the SBoHE needs to take some responsibility for the monster they helped create.

Now he is saying he planned to retire in the spring anyway. He is fielding calls from all kinds of colleges that want him, but he thinks he will turn them down so he can be a consultant to colleges transitioning to D1.

Forum Story

Good self esteem is healthy, narcissism is not.

You mean Joe was going to abdicate the throne of his $2 million dollar palace just months after it was completed?

Somehow I'm not buying the retirement excuse. :)

You mean Joe was going to abdicate the throne of his $2 million dollar palace just months after it was completed?

Somehow I'm not buying the retirement excuse. :)

UND just went through a lengthy process to find Kelley. When was Chapman going to make it known that he was leaving?

Sorry Joe. This doesn't make sense.

NDSU Building Committee Knowingly Picked a Design that Exceeded Authorized Costs

Then, later, tried to explain away the excessive costs as flood related, etc., etc., etc.

Purposefully deceiving the SBoHE. Doesn't help the reputation of the NDSU Foundation.

The committee charged with construction of the president’s house at North Dakota State University knowingly picked a design that would exceed authorized costs and then knowingly added to those costs by adding a “bonus room,” according to a State Board of Higher Education report released today.

That committee also labored under a deadline decided by President Joseph Chapman and his wife Gale, the report said, and adding that room contributed to further cost increases.

Gale Chapman was a member of the committee.

Chapman and the Foundation are trying to push each other under the bus. Chapman claims he never tried to expedite construction on the house. I think there is likely a lot of blame to go around. From Terry Stroh to the Foundation to Chapman and his wife. How on earth did they not see having Mrs. Chapman on the building committee as a conflict?

I graduated from NDSU and unlike many on this board I do not like to see this mess. I liked Chapman until his little stunt where he threatened to quit until the Foundation came in and started tossing money at him. From what I have seen it is unlikely he did anything illegal (I still do not see any evidence he had any kind of express authority on the house, implied maybe, but not express). Without seeing his taxes nobody can judge whether or not all of this in kind income was reported.

Unethical is another can of worms. From my perspective he treated the Foundation like his own personal piggy bank. However, the Foundation allowed it. Some of the news stories are sensationalized, many are politicized, but what news stories are not? Chapman stepped on a lot of people and it appears they now smell blood in the water. It is hard to feel sorry for him for having to lay in the bed he made.

"The flood" was the first given rationale for the NDSU cost overruns.

What's happened to that? Can't find it anywhere anymore ...

Were they going to put the house on stilts? Maybe build some sort of self-propelled house they could drive down I-94 out of harm's way?

Now in the future they won't have any money to build their hockey arena, which Chapman and the Foundation wanted to be built in Chapman's backyard so he could also use it for social events and family functions!

KFGO just reported that the SBoHE said both overcosts by UND and NDSU will be paid by both schools foundations. NO taxpayers money will be used to offset the money. They said it will have to come from private money. NDSU- $516,000 and UND- $260,000.

KFGO just reported that the SBoHE said both overcosts by UND and NDSU will be paid by both schools foundations. NO taxpayers money will be used to offset the money. They said it will have to come from private money. NDSU- $516,000 and UND- $260,000.

Um, so those that gave money to help the students are having their money misappropriated by buying the President's mansions.

Shameful.

Seems the NDSU Foundation is going to stiff some of the bills left behind, even after the Board has said that the bills are the Foundation's and the Board won't allow state money for the expenses.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/257363/

Better? Now Chapman's gone for two weeks looking for ... a new house ... in Colorado.