SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 NHL PLAYOFFS

AZSIOUX

I know this is 2 weeks late but rather than flooding the former players thread lets keep it going here

WOW, AO ans SID last night were crazy fun and good to watch. if malkin would show up then sid and the bys will take this 7 games. what a game with the 2 big dogs each getting hattys!!

FORMER SIOUX IN STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS QUEST FOR THE CUP - ELIMINATED and STILL PLAYING

TJ OSHIE (blues)

MIKE COMMODORE (blue jackets)

RYAN BAYDA (hurricanes) (-3 vs new jersey)

RYAN JOHNSON (canucks) (advanced to 2nd round)

ZACH PARISE (devils) (3-3 vs carolina)

TRAVIS ZAJAC (devils) (3-3 vs carolina)

JONATHAN TOEWS (blackhawks) (advanced to 2nd round)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ducks beating Detroit is not going to happen. Red Wings in 6 or 7. Heck, every series might go 7 games. Go Blackhawks!

Ducks are looking good tonight....and are not your typical 8th seed...I can see them beating Detroit

gosh, i hope so! i'm so sick of detroit.

apparently the nhl wants some new blood in there too, did you see the no goal call? absolutely nothing that could be done, the ref lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle like he is supposed to, but it was just laying, uncovered, on the goal line and hossa makes a diving effort to knock it in. i'm not a detroit fan at all, but having that happen with a minute left which would have sent the game into overtime is a tough one to swallow. wonder if babcock will get a fine for his post game comments?

apparently the nhl wants some new blood in there too, did you see the no goal call? absolutely nothing that could be done, the ref lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle like he is supposed to, but it was just laying, uncovered, on the goal line and hossa makes a diving effort to knock it in. i'm not a detroit fan at all, but having that happen with a minute left which would have sent the game into overtime is a tough one to swallow. wonder if babcock will get a fine for his post game comments?

The Refs blew it on that call.

not playoff news, but nhl related, it seems phoenix is filing bankruptcy papers? now the league has assumed control? would be interesting to see how this plays out, possible that they could move the franchise? winnipeg has been begging for a team since the jets left. az do you know anything down there?

Jim Balsillie is back in the picture, and sounds like he's going to put an offer in on the team contingent that he can move it to Hamilton, Ontario. I'd rather have the Winnipeg Jets back!

Jim Balsillie is back in the picture, and sounds like he's going to put an offer in on the team contingent that he can move it to Hamilton, Ontario. I'd rather have the Winnipeg Jets back!

Sounds like from what I have read that Betteman won't let this go through and Jerry Risebrough is also interested in the Yotes as well.

just get the coyotes out of here. it would have been fine if they didnt place the arena way out in glendale. this is a transit city where everyone is from somewhere else but they also latch on as well to a decent franchise. that wasa proven late 90's when they were pretty good. its been a distaster since they moved to glendale and now i hope they move just like they should move atlanta, nashville and florida to hockey markets. bettman is a f'n idiot as we all know. he needs to go NOW or hockey is always gona be in trouble overall. he has 3-5 players he could market the crap out of and he hasnt at all to help the sport. the funny thing is the city of glendale had a 750 million dollar buyout if the team left that arena making it empty so not sure on that stance right now

The move to Hamilton might only be temporary as his long term plans are to build a new arena in the Kitchener-Waterloo area.

just get the coyotes out of here. it would have been fine if they didnt place the arena way out in glendale. this is a transit city where everyone is from somewhere else but they also latch on as well to a decent franchise. that wasa proven late 90's when they were pretty good. its been a distaster since they moved to glendale and now i hope they move just like they should move atlanta, nashville and florida to hockey markets. bettman is a f'n idiot as we all know. he needs to go NOW or hockey is always gona be in trouble overall. he has 3-5 players he could market the crap out of and he hasnt at all to help the sport. the funny thing is the city of glendale had a 750 million dollar buyout if the team left that arena making it empty so not sure on that stance right now

I don't think the Yotes are gone yet. The league has to approve the sale and Betteman is standing pat from what I have read.

wow penguins just win in OT, one of the est overall games and action ive ever watched. malkin was a freak out there all night. this is gona go 7 games

Watching Canes and Bruins and hell of a good game.

Ducks are looking good tonight....and are not your typical 8th seed...I can see them beating Detroit

I'd like to point out my prediction after Game 1: If Anaheim holds Detroit to 3 goals or less, they'll take the series. So far, Detroit has yet to score more than 3 goals. They've only done so once: Game 1, which they won. They've since dropped the next two games.

As a Detroit fan, it pains me to say this but.... Game 4 is pivotal. If Anaheim wins, Detroit's done.

And remember my other prediction: Osgood is going to sieve out like he did in Game 4 of the Columbus series. Question is when? Will it be a large stinking log in Game 4 or will it be when elimination is at stake or when?

In other news: Boston isn't getting what they want and having a lot of trouble with the most overrated team left in the playoffs (Carolina).

Seriously, if Anaheim and Carolina make it all the way to the Finals... Bettman might as well jump because NO ONE WILL WATCH.

And yeah, I know Bayda is on Carolina, but really... talk about a team that is just flat out lucky game in and game out.

Anaheim is pretty darn lucky too. However.... whatever.

Vancouver still takes the series from the Hawks. Both teams have explosive offenses, but I think Vancouver has an edge defensively and in net. THat's what saves the series for the Canucks.

I still stand by my prediction despite the OT loss: Washington won Game 2. I say Washington takes the series.

And remember my other prediction: Osgood is going to sieve out like he did in Game 4 of the Columbus series. Question is when? Will it be a large stinking log in Game 4 or will it be when elimination is at stake or when?

I thought that as well but Osgood is a veteran goaltender and know what it takes to win. Hillar has been sick though.

wow penguins just win in OT, one of the est overall games and action ive ever watched. malkin was a freak out there all night. this is gona go 7 games

The Caps did a good job of negating Crosby from camping in front of the net, which is how he earned all his previous goals, but managed to make the penalty differential even worse. Varlamov continues to astound. The Penguins definitely deserved that one, which is why it would have been so nice to steal it and put them away. I'm so used to Crosby being a finesse player and Malkin having been invisible in the playoffs that I was a little surprised to see Pittsburgh summon that sort of intensity for that length of time.

The Caps did a good job of negating Crosby from camping in front of the net, which is how he earned all his previous goals, but managed to make the penalty differential even worse. Varlamov continues to astound. The Penguins definitely deserved that one, which is why it would have been so nice to steal it and put them away. I'm so used to Crosby being a finesse player and Malkin having been invisible in the playoffs that I was a little surprised to see Pittsburgh summon that sort of intensity for that length of time.

This has the makings of a 7 game series.

I still say Washington takes the series. Yesterday's game was the most predictable (yeah, I actually watched one of the games). In OT, I don't remember Fleury even having to make a save. Varlamov was THE reason why the Caps didn't lose something like 7-1 or 6-2. (I can't remember the score and I'm too tired to look it up).

Chicago staved off certain elimination by beating Vancouver on a lucky deflection in OT. Seriously.... I think Chicago had one scoring opportunity before they scored and Bolland's shot was merely a prayer that was answered by Ladd.

Detroit is fighting for their playoff lives and it's just sad. Anaheim is just too much for Detroit. Right now it's 3-2, and that bodes well for Detroit.... but Detroit isn't doing much to hold leads.

Carolina is still overrated. Ward is playing out of his mind and that's what's keeping them afloat.

I still say Washington takes the series. Yesterday's game was the most predictable (yeah, I actually watched one of the games). In OT, I don't remember Fleury even having to make a save. Varlamov was THE reason why the Caps didn't lose something like 7-1 or 6-2. (I can't remember the score and I'm too tired to look it up).

Chicago staved off certain elimination by beating Vancouver on a lucky deflection in OT. Seriously.... I think Chicago had one scoring opportunity before they scored and Bolland's shot was merely a prayer that was answered by Ladd.

Detroit is fighting for their playoff lives and it's just sad. Anaheim is just too much for Detroit. Right now it's 3-2, and that bodes well for Detroit.... but Detroit isn't doing much to hold leads.

Carolina is still overrated. Ward is playing out of his mind and that's what's keeping them afloat.

Hey bud have you watched the games. Your team is winning tonight and looks ok doing it. I almost wonder if my team is done the bruins only have looked good against the canes inone game.

I don't think Ladd's deflection is any luckier than any other deflection. In fact, he positioned himself perfectly and turned his stick to deflect it back to the short side, so he set himself up to succeed.

Luckier deflection: Ladd's tip or the tip by "The Mule" for Detroit's second goal in game four.

I say very few could make either* and thus that's skill. If you or I could do that we'd be gettin' paid to skate too.

Detroit's problems were because 40, 81, 93, and 96 were invisible for the first three games; 5 and 13 can't do it all.

Notice that 93 kicks up a little and the Ducks get plucked.

That series turns on 40, 81, and 93 Red.

If they don't show, Red don't go.

* Ladd tipped it through his own five-hole to get it past; from high-slot Mule tipped it from over knee high to make a 45 degree turn and just inside the near pipe.