SiouxSports.com Forum

Blais

DAR

Can you imagine what Blais would have done with the last five Sioux teams? I know we shouldn't go there but the gentleman appears to have his team ready at the right time!

WE'D HAVE 12 TITLES AND HE'D BE THE WOODEN OF COLLEGE PUCK WOO HOO!!!!!!

Or not.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine what Blais would have done with the last five Sioux teams? I know we shouldn't go there but the gentleman appears to have his team ready at the right time!

I'm a big fan of Blais, but 1998, 1999 and 2004.

I'm glad jk brought that up. Dean is a great coach, and colorful, in his way, but people tend to have amnesia when they imagine what he would have done with Hak's teams. Those 98 and 99 teams were powerful and disappointed in the tourney. Virg Foss once said he thought Dean was better at winning a championship with a team that was not expected to win but that Gino was more likely to win with the favorite. Not that Virg's word is gospel, Parise knows.

But I would like to see Hak wear Dean's green jacket.

How come it took this long for the Hak haters to turn this thread into a "Gee, golly, why can't we fire Hakstol and bring back Blais?" thread?

Seriously... haters are slacking. :D

Not a name caller, just a forgetful romantic. Yes, way to easy to forget the results of those great teams. Just a little frustrated with my perception that the teams of late worked their butts off to get to the post season - and then for some reason.....

My apologies for any misperceptions on your part. Did I really say "gee golly.?"

Most importantly, to the post, good job Coach Blais!

Not a name caller, just a forgetful romantic. Yes, way to easy to forget the results of those great teams. Just a little frustrated with my perception that the teams of late worked their butts off to get to the post season - and then for some reason.....

My apologies for any misperceptions on your part. Did I really say "gee golly.?"

Most importantly, to the post, good job Coach Blais!

Holy Cow did you say "Gee Golly?" :):D

I'm glad jk brought that up. Dean is a great coach, and colorful, in his way, but people tend to have amnesia when they imagine what he would have done with Hak's teams. Those 98 and 99 teams were powerful and disappointed in the tourney. Virg Foss once said he thought Dean was better at winning a championship with a team that was not expected to win but that Gino was more likely to win with the favorite. Not that Virg's word is gospel, Parise knows.

But I would like to see Hak wear Dean's green jacket.

With defense to a few of Blais's teams (though not an excuse)...'98 team lost to Michigan in the regional in Michigan (not a big surprise), and '04 team lost to Denver in the regionals in Colorado. Granted, in '04, the Sioux team outplayed them the entire game, and had a lot of tough breaks, and I'm still not over that damn loss! How many posts did we hit? That team had NC written all over it.

With defense to a few of Blais's teams (though not an excuse)...'98 team lost to Michigan in the regional in Michigan (not a big surprise), and '04 team lost to Denver in the regionals in Colorado. Granted, in '04, the Sioux team outplayed them the entire game, and had a lot of tough breaks, and I'm still not over that damn loss! How many posts did we hit? That team had NC written all over it.

the '98 team also had a 2-0 lead on the wolverines and couldn't build on it.

The Force lose 6-0 tonight. Cichy with 2 goals and 2 assists for Indiana.

The Force got WORKED last night. In any and all facets of the game, completely worked over. Not something you typically see from a Dean Blais coached team. It'll be very interesting to see how they respond on Friday.

On a side note, I was hoping someone from the Force would step up, but nobody did. Birkholz (future Gopher) and Cichy (future Sioux) got into a bit of a scrum in front of the net that I thought might escalate, but from where I was standing, Birkholz didn't want any part of it. That may have to do with Blais not wanting him to, or it may have to do with him being a perfect fit as a future Gopher - you make the call.

It sounds like the Force are battling the flu. It is tough to play when half the team is sick or recovering from being sick.

8 players have the flu...Andy Taranto(leading scorer) was the only one that couldn't play. Blaiser didn't use the sickness as an excuse. I've seen about 30 Force games this season, last night was as bad as I've seen them play. On a positive note, Cichy is ready for D1 hockey, it'll be good to see him in a Sioux uniform.

2nd place in your first year is an awesome way to start this team. Congrats to them for that and i look forward to next year!

I am going to say that I agree with you. That was pretty impressive taking a team built from scratch adn going to the league championship.

Impressive in my book.

I am going to say that I agree with you. That was pretty impressive taking a team built from scratch adn going to the league championship.

Impressive in my book.

I think Siouxsweet was just trying to inject a little humour which was obviously lost on someone. Every Sioux fan knows what Blais is capable of regardless of the talent he has to work with. However, some of our fellow Sioux fans will be telling their grandchildren how he used to make wine out of water and weaved straw into gold. The Disney phenomenon.

I think Siouxsweet was just trying to inject a little humour which was obviously lost on someone. Every Sioux fan knows what Blais is capable of regardless of the talent he has to work with. However, some of our fellow Sioux fans will be telling their grandchildren how he used to make wine out of water and weaved straw into gold. The Disney phenomenon.

I got the Humour, I was just putting a positive spin on it. :D

I thought that was Parise that did the wine trick.

• 2 weeks later...

From Kevin Pates in Duluth

http://www.areavoices.com/rinkandrun/?blog=51753

"... ALSO there is talk that WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod will be in Omaha this week to talk with Nebraska-Omaha officials about joining the league. At the same time, Omaha's new athletic director, Trev Alberts, is in the midst of a search for a hockey coach, to replace Mike Kemp. The most recent rumor is that Dean Blais is the coaching front-runner."