SiouxSports.com Forum

Blais

DAR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI for those of you that don't pay attention to the USHL. The Force opened up the USHL semifinals in Lincoln on Wednesday with a 4-1 victory. Blais has his boys peaking at the right time.

THey play the 2nd game in Lincoln tonight and the 3rd and 4th (if necessary) at the UP Center Saturday and Monday. Should be a great game if your in Fargo and looking for something to do tomorrow night.

Just an FYI for those of you that don't pay attention to the USHL. The Force opened up the USHL semifinals in Lincoln on Wednesday with a 4-1 victory. Blais has his boys peaking at the right time.

THey play the 2nd game in Lincoln tonight and the 3rd and 4th (if necessary) at the UP Center Saturday and Monday. Should be a great game if your in Fargo and looking for something to do tomorrow night.

The Force put a whuppin' on Lincoln tonight 7-3. They went 5-7 on the PP and are now 5-0 in the playoffs this year. See ya Saturday night at the UP.

It's one thing for a team to play well...it's another for a team to go 6-0 in the playoffs and end up in the final in the team's first year of existence.

That is why I say in Blais we trust...no disrepect to Hak but Blais is a better coach. I bet at this point Blais regrets leaving UND.

That is why I say in Blais we trust...no disrepect to Hak but Blais is a better coach. I bet at this point Blais regrets leaving UND.

No way. Seeing people whom you have mentored succeed is one of the most satisfying things for a person professionally.

Blais should replace Rolston if USA Hockey ever wants to move from 2nd-5th fiddle to become a realistic challenger to Canada.

No way. Seeing people whom you have mentored succeed is one of the most satisfying things for a person professionally.

Blais should replace Rolston if USA Hockey ever wants to move from 2nd-5th fiddle to become a realistic challenger to Canada.

I think Blais would make a GREAT NTDP head coach.

I think Rolston needs to go. I think Eaves or Blais would be a great coach(s) for the USDT and or the WJC team.

I think Rolston needs to go. I think Eaves or Blais would be a great coach(s) for the USDT and or the WJC team.

If Blais were allowed to really "take over" the NTDP, he would blow up the current system and make NTDP focused on summer training and exposing more kids to the training/experience. I know if Herb Brooks were in charge this is how the program would have been run.

There are plenty of high-quality Jr./Prep programs for elite U18 kids to play in during the winter if they feel they need to move from their current hockey situation.

The current framework of the NTDP would make more sense if Olympic hockey were still an "amateur" tournament.

I think Rolston did a pretty good job this year. Isn't the gold good enough???

Bring Dean back to UND!!!!!!!!!

Wait. Rolston needs to go?

Didn't this team just win the gold medal?

Wow. Tough crowd around here... ???

Sorry but winning the Gold when Canada is playing their Bs and Cs just doesn't do it for me. Beating the Russians/Fins/Swedes is nice, so at least we got that going for us.

If you had an elite 16-17 year old, who would you prefer to send him to? Rolston or Blais?

Sorry but winning the Gold when Canada is playing their Bs and Cs just doesn't do it for me. Beating the Russians/Fins/Swedes is nice, so at least we got that going for us.

If you had an elite 16-17 year old, who would you prefer to send him to? Rolston or Blais?

That is kind of what I was thinking too, the argument is that during the U-17 and U-18 Canada's best in is the playoff for the CHL and

we didn't face the best the Canada has to offer. I don't know about the other teams like the Russians.

His lack of control of his WJC team, when they started taunting the Canadians in the first period after scoring the first three goals was enough for me. That and his complaining about having "passengers" in their first loss when he had a couple players that didn't see the ice for the entire game.

Just back to the Blais topic. THe Force start their championship serise against Cichy's Indiana Ice this weekend. First two games are in Indiana on Friday and Saturday. Games 3 and 4 (if necessary) are at the UP Center Wednesday and Friday @ 7:05. Game 5 will be played in Indiana on Sunday if required.

Hopefully they can sell our the UP Center for the game on Wednesday. 4600 last weekend, hopefully they can sell those last 400 seats. Sounds like Indiana likes to play an uptempo game, just like the Force so this should be a great series.