SiouxSports.com Forum

Women' Hockey

bincitysioux

• 3 months later...

UND Hockey: Mirror Images

A good read comparing the 2 hockey coaches at UND. I really think Idalski is taking this program in the right direction and will have them competing as one of the top programs in the country on a yearly basis. The ladies have really been competitive this season but just haven't had the breaks to put up more W's. Next year should really be a fun year.

Do we still get Canadian Television Olympic coverage on our local Midcon television menu? I know we have in the past.

Well, if you get CBC on your cable package, you will get Canadian Olympic coverage since that is Canada's official Olympic network. I get CBC, so I will get some extra hockey games out of it. :)

Well, if you get CBC on your cable package, you will get Canadian Olympic coverage since that is Canada's official Olympic network. I get CBC, so I will get some extra hockey games out of it. :)

Is CBC still carrying the Olympics? The guide for Midco didn't list anything when I was checking earlier today.

• 3 weeks later...

The question now is do they change the way do business now and charge Fighting Sioux club members next year to go to women's hockey games, or do they wait until people are hooked on the new product and grow a following?

The question now is do they change the way do business now and charge Fighting Sioux club members next year to go to women's hockey games, or do they wait until people are hooked on the new product and grow a following?

No way should they charge...yet. Serve beer, make games fun, promote the hell out of it. If the team starts winning, and there are plays like we saw in the Olympics, I think it will grow. Womens hockey isn't going anywhere, we might as well become a national power and lead the country in attendance. I imagine if we averaged 2,000 per game, it would be near the top numbers in women's hockey.

The athletic department has to capitalize on the opportunity presented to them for next season. They won't get a better chance.

From Twitter: UND hires Swedish Olympic Coach

Many observers might be scratching their heads saying why hire a coach whose team placed 4th at the Olympics and was dominated by the North Americans? Well the long answer is not unsurprising for those who have been following the development of the game. Elite European hockey players are far better than many of US high school students hoping to snag a scholarship and play varsity hockey.

Brian Idalski, UND