SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the goal with 40 seconds left was a PP goal, then the OT goal. I think UMD had 6 PPs to Princeton's 2. Without seeing a second of it, I have to think some people might be upset.

That's a safe bet. Brian? Was the game fairly officiated?

Wow, the goal with 40 seconds left was a PP goal, then the OT goal. I think UMD had 6 PPs to Princeton's 2. Without seeing a second of it, I have to think some people might be upset.

The PP goal on the 3rd UMD goal was a legit call IMO.

The OT penalty call...if I were a Princeton fan, I'd be ticked. They let A LOT of stuff go in OT, and then to call a penalty on a play that could have honestly gone either way...I don't know.

Tough way to decide a game.

I had fun with the Air Force upset and then the Miami upset and I even thought it was kind of fun that Yale got upset, but when it looked like the Dogz were going to get upset as well, I kind of got nervous about what that might mean for the Sioux tomorrow, so with the Dogz winning tonight I feel a little better and like the idea of the Sioux being the only "top" seed to make it out of the semis on Sat. :D

I had fun with the Air Force upset and then the Miami upset and I even thought it was kind of fun that Yale got upset, but when it looked like the Dogz were going to get upset as well, I kind of got nervous about what that might mean for the Sioux tomorrow, so with the Dogz winning tonight I feel a little better and like the idea of the Sioux being the only "top" seed to make it out of the semis on Sat. :D

The Sioux are very, very narrow "favorites" in that game.

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2009/03/25/kra...the-tournament/

Though, like you, I see them as the dominant force in that region. :huh:

Miami is the SCSU of the CCHA.

DU just lost to Miami.

Doing the math...

Be proud, DU. Really. Good for you all.

I'm sure some paper sacks are available still if you do want to wear your DU jersey one last time this year.

As for AFA/UMich, good for AFA.

Seriously, AFA has a good chance at the Frozen Four. I don't like Vermont or Yale. In fact, both are VERY beatable.

Congrats to Duluth. What an incredible finish. If you were Princeton, how hard would this loss be? Man, this might be worse than the 2001 OT loss in the finals. .8 seconds and you give up the tying goal? That's going to sting forever.

Now, will Duluth build on this like they did last week? Could be. They obviously fought very hard to claw their way back into the game. They now know they can come back from a deficit in tournament play against a good team. Unless they are mentally exhausted they may be building another little tournament run.

Why?? I had no problem seeing Denver lose but was happy the Dogz won. Why would you want Miami to win?? Unless you are from Ohio?

Why should I want UMD to win?

To answer your question:

I sat in front of the rudest, most obnoxious fans from duluth at the final five and due to that experience can no longer cheer for UMD EVER. It's a shame they had to tarnish my opinion of that team, but when I think of UMD ..., i just remember those jerks. That and I think they are way overhyped and the love affair with UMD is annoying and getting on my nerves.

The PP goal on the 3rd UMD goal was a legit call IMO.

The OT penalty call...if I were a Princeton fan, I'd be ticked. They let A LOT of stuff go in OT, and then to call a penalty on a play that could have honestly gone either way...I don't know.

Tough way to decide a game.

With all due respect, I thought it was a legit trip call. He doesn't catch his shins with his stick, and it was a 3 on 2 or 3 on 1 break for the Dogs.

Heck of a way to end a season; two goals with less than 40 seconds left in the game. Or as Yogi Berra always said.... :silly:

Go Sioux!

I'm going for UMD.

Couple of reasons.

1. I still maintain that DU choked and Miami is a fluke team that is really not FF material.

2. The better UMD does the more likely Stalock bolts. No offense to Dog fans or Sandelin, but he makes me nervous when the Sioux play UMD. I mean, like Reichmuth when he was good kind of nervous.

With all due respect, I thought it was a legit trip call. He doesn't catch his shins with his stick, and it was a 3 on 2 or 3 on 1 break for the Dogs.

When they showed the replay, the PU player was on his back (or falling down) facing the other way to the action, and his stick hit the ice, which the UMD player tripped over. It didn't look like he intentionally tripped him up, just looked to be bad timing on the PU player's part.

That said, in a normal game situation, that should be a tripping call regardless. But when the refs had let numerous infractions go earlier in the OT, if I were in Princeton's skates I would wonder why they chose to blow the whistle at that point.

It doesn't bother me either way, I'm just saying that it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I were a Princeton fan/player/coach.

When they showed the replay, the PU player was on his back (or falling down) facing the other way to the action, and his stick hit the ice, which the UMD player tripped over. It didn't look like he intentionally tripped him up, just looked to be bad timing on the PU player's part.

That said, in a normal game situation, that should be a tripping call regardless. But when the refs had let numerous infractions go earlier in the OT, if I were in Princeton's skates I would wonder why they chose to blow the whistle at that point.

It doesn't bother me either way, I'm just saying that it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I were a Princeton fan/player/coach.

Nothing against you, but...

PU should have not let 2 goals go in, in 39 seconds imho. If they hadn't they would have not been in that situation, where a pp ended it in OT, they would be preparing for tommorrow against Miami.

Thanks again for the updates, really appreciated!

Just back from BWW watching the game. Watched the whole game and just couldn't sit on a wooden stool any longer after UMD tied. The whole BWW erupted when UMD scored. I'm for Princeton myself, but it was pretty crazy watching the net ripple on that wrister with 0.8 left on the clock. WOW!

Wish I could have been at that BWW! I was jumping up and down in my seat, alone at a table kind of in the corner, while everyone else in the bar looked at me to see why I was distracting them from the 'oh-so-close' UNC/Gonzaga game.

OMG!!! I had so much fun with Runningwithdogs, MeanEgirl, et al!!! What a game! Tied with 0.8 seconds. WOW!!

A little green and white in a sea of maroon and gold.

DawgsplayoffgameagainstPrinceton004.jpg

The fans love their 'Dawgz!

DawgsplayoffgameagainstPrinceton001.jpg

MeanEgirl, a 'Dawgz fan! :silly:

DawgsplayoffgameagainstPrinceton003.jpg

The WCHA UMD Bulldogs play again tomorrow!!

DawgsplayoffgameagainstPrinceton005.jpg

I had fun with the Air Force upset and then the Miami upset and I even thought it was kind of fun that Yale got upset, but when it looked like the Dogz were going to get upset as well, I kind of got nervous about what that might mean for the Sioux tomorrow, so with the Dogz winning tonight I feel a little better and like the idea of the Sioux being the only "top" seed to make it out of the semis on Sat. :silly:

What do the results of the other games have on the Sioux game?

1. I still maintain that DU choked and Miami is a fluke team that is really not FF material.

I don't think Miami is a fluke they just played better than DU. I also happy that 2/3 of the EZAC teams are out now.

Tonight hopefully Cornell is done.

Heck of a way to end a season; two goals with less than 40 seconds left in the game. Or as Yogi Berra always said.... :silly:

Go Sioux!

Yogi never said half the things he said. :D :D

OMG!!! I had so much fun with Runningwithdogs, MeanEgirl, et al!!! What a game! Tied with 0.8 seconds. WOW!!

A little green and white in a sea of maroon and gold.

DawgsplayoffgameagainstPrinceton004.jpg

The fans love their 'Dawgz!

DawgsplayoffgameagainstPrinceton001.jpg

MeanEgirl, a 'Dawgz fan! :silly:

DawgsplayoffgameagainstPrinceton003.jpg

The WCHA UMD Bulldogs play again tomorrow!!

DawgsplayoffgameagainstPrinceton005.jpg

Nice a Sioux fan in a sea of maroon and gold. :D :D