SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should stop listening to the national media because they ususally don't know what they are talking about. The Wolverines won two titles in three years in 1996 and 1998, but they haven't done much since. I guess I am not alone when it comes to playoff frustration.

Michigan's my #1 team (alumn), and UND is my #2 team that I pull for. I hate Minny, I hate Bucky.

Michigan was better this year, then last year, but not good enough to win it all this year. BU smoked them earlier this year and yet Bowling Green almost swept them in a home and home series. Teams beat them by playing them close and tight.

Notre Dame has a good 'D' but played more cupcakes than most of the good teams, so there is still a question if they can play a CHA team. Robert Morris beat them a couple of years ago, and UAH took them to 2OT in the 1st round that yearas well. That they lost to Michigan State (who went on to win it all) in the next game. All the stars were alined for Mich St to win it that year. All the State people I talked to said they were happy to be there, and did not think they had a chance. They matched well with Maine, and UND had to play BC. We know haw the rest went.

Can the Bevs hold a 3 - 0 lead? Lets hope so! I went to a lot of CHA games at Wayne State. So to see AFA & BSU do as good as they are doing is a great reflection that the CHA had some good teams. Hockey was just not a good fit for some of the schools in the league, as travel was a big cost factor.

Michigan's my #1 team (alumn), and UND is my #2 team that I pull for. I hate Minny, I hate Bucky.

Michigan was better this year, then last year, but not good enough to win it all this year. BU smoked them earlier this year and yet Bowling Green almost swept them in a home and home series. Teams beat them by playing them close and tight.

Notre Dame has a good 'D' but played more cupcakes than most of the good teams, so there is still a question if they can play a CHA team. Robert Morris beat them a couple of years ago, and UAH took them to 2OT in the 1st round that yearas well. That they lost to Michigan State (who went on to win it all) in the next game. All the stars were alined for Mich St to win it that year. All the State people I talked to said they were happy to be there, and did not think they had a chance. They matched well with Maine, and UND had to play BC. We know haw the rest went.

Can the Bevs hold a 3 - 0 lead? Lets hope so! I went to a lot of CHA games at Wayne State. So to see AFA & BSU do as good as they are doing is a great reflection that the CHA had some good teams. Hockey was just not a good fit for some of the schools in the league, as travel was a big cost factor.

I also hate Minnesota with a passion, along with Denver. I hated the Badgers growing up, but not so much anymore. Notre Dame, despite the NCAA title game appearance last season, still hasn't proven they are a top-notch Division I program. Bemidji is a tough, hard-working team and they are out-working and out-playing the Irish right now. UND had a tough two-game series against the Beavers this season (a home and home series in early January). It's good for the sport for programs like Bemidji and Air Force to have success in the Big Show.

Can anyone help me - I want to watch the duluth game on the internet (since I have midco I don't get ESPNU) and I have no idea how to do it or even if I can get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS - ESPN is driving me nuts they are so excited that UND lost it's all they can talk about and then they added a replay of the game later on ESPNU. I would think there are bigger upsets than this - Say Air Force or Miami - those were #4 over #1

Can anyone help me - I want to watch the duluth game on the internet (since I have midco I don't get ESPNU) and I have no idea how to do it or even if I can get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS - ESPN is driving me nuts they are so excited that UND lost it's all they can talk about and then they added a replay of the game later on ESPNU. I would think there are bigger upsets than this - Say Air Force or Miami - those were #4 over #1

ESPN has always been anti-UND, that's what I love the most about winning National Championships. They have to cover our triumphs whether they like it or not (like in the Flutie love-fest game in 2000).

The biggest crowds were against Air Force. Even when AFA was down. If they can make it to DC, I would expect a good following for them.

The BSU kids traveled well for the CHA Title game in Detroit a few years back. So I would think they would make the trip to DC as well.

College Hockey America was not great hockey, but it was good hockey. On any given night they could pull off a win anywhere.

The Bevs need 20 sound mins here.

Cornell, who is very beatable is awaiting someone.

ESPN has always been anti-UND, that's what I love the most about winning National Championships. They have to cover our triumphs whether they like it or not (like in the Flutie love-fest game in 2000).

Haha, anti-UND? Really? The Sioux are mentioned once a year during the hockey, which means it pretty tough for the entire network to be against the school. Get real.

Haha, anti-UND? Really? The Sioux are mentioned once a year during the hockey, which means it pretty tough for the entire network to be against the school. Get real.

I AM being real. They love it when we lose and hate it when we win. I think it's mainly because we aren't an East coast school in a big media market. Whatever the reason, it makes winning on a national stage more fun.

I AM being real. They love it when we lose and hate it when we win. I think it's mainly because we aren't an East coast school in a big media market. Whatever the reason, it makes winning on a national stage more fun.

So, so wrong. ESPN isn't biased towards east coast schools or teams, they're biased towards teams that more fans follow. Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Cowboys, and when it comes to college hockey, the Sioux, BC, and BU. When the Sioux lose its a big deal, so they're going to talk about it especially in the manner they lost. You really need to get a clue.

So, so wrong. ESPN isn't biased towards east coast schools or teams, they're biased towards teams that more fans follow. Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Cowboys, and when it comes to college hockey, the Sioux, BC, and BU. When the Sioux lose its a big deal, so they're going to talk about it especially in the manner they lost. You really need to get a clue.

ESPN is biased towards ratings, and advertising revenue. If they even could get a sniff of the basketball tournament they'd dump the whole college hockey thing in a nano-second. So I guess I agree with soohockey15.