SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

Miami is the SCSU of the CCHA.

DU just lost to Miami.

Doing the math...

Be proud, DU. Really. Good for you all.

I'm sure some paper sacks are available still if you do want to wear your DU jersey one last time this year.

As for AFA/UMich, good for AFA.

Seriously, AFA has a good chance at the Frozen Four. I don't like Vermont or Yale. In fact, both are VERY beatable.

Since when did SCSU win a NCAA tourney game?Did I miss something?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the results of the other games have on the Sioux game?

Absolutely nothing. It's just my own superstitions. At this time of year my logic goes completly out the window and totally unreasonable correlations and superstitions take over. I now am of the opinion that BU, Notre Dame and Northeastern lose and the Sioux are the lone "upper seed" to win out of saturday's regionals :D:silly:

Miami is the SCSU of the CCHA.

DU just lost to Miami.

Doing the math...

Be proud, DU. Really. Good for you all.

I'm sure some paper sacks are available still if you do want to wear your DU jersey one last time this year.

As for AFA/UMich, good for AFA.

Seriously, AFA has a good chance at the Frozen Four. I don't like Vermont or Yale. In fact, both are VERY beatable.

I respectfully disagree with a few of your comments. Miami is unproven and this hasn't been their year, but they are a still dangerous team. They can beat anyone when playing well even after the talent they lost from last year.

Also, Vermont is a different animal this year. They are a tough team and not your Vermont team of years past. I actually had them upsetting Michigan to get to the Frozen Four. They are very defensive, but still have the Hockey East skill and speed. I agree about Yale though, they suck...and they proved it yesterday.

I believe that UMD will have their hands full tonight. If the game was on NHL ice, UMD would have the upper hand. But UMD does not play particularly well on the big ice and it seems to suit Miami just fine. I picked UMD to win, but after yesterday I have my doubts unless the puck luck returns to Stalock. It has clearly abandoned him since the Final Five.

I believe that UMD will have their hands full tonight. If the game was on NHL ice, UMD would have the upper hand. But UMD does not play particularly well on the big ice and it seems to suit Miami just fine. I picked UMD to win, but after yesterday I have my doubts unless the puck luck returns to Stalock. It has clearly abandoned him since the Final Five.

I wouldn't be surprised if the West Regional Final is 1-0 or 2-1. Both teams are normally good in their own zone and have good goaltending, and they don't press particularly hard on the forecheck.

I wouldn't be surprised if the West Regional Final is 1-0 or 2-1. Both teams are normally good in their own zone and have good goaltending, and they don't press particularly hard on the forecheck.

Miami had pretty good goaltending last night, but on the average this year, it hasn't been very good at all. But that's what a goalie can do for you when he decides to show up.

Actually they aren't too special....as in they are very beatable, OSU is intimidated, they get rid of the puck as soon as they can, they are scared of it.

There's no team that isn't beatable. BU may be playing a team that's scared and intimitaded and less talented, but BU is doing exactly what a great team should do to a weaker opponent.

There's no team that isn't beatable. BU may be playing a team that's scared and intimitaded and less talented, but BU is doing exactly what a great team should do to a weaker opponent.

I wouldn't say ohio state is "weaker" they have enough talent to beat the top teams, they are young though and BU has done a good job of reinforcing the thought they seem to have in their head that they cannot win. I liked how ohio state came out, it's too bad they let 1 goal ruin them.