SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to BSU !

Interesting stat this year if I did this right.

Of the 12 regional games, 9 of them involved one team that had the prior week off and one team that didn't.

The teams with the prior week off went 7-2, the only team to win a game against a "week-off" team was BU.

Beavers are in their first Frozen Four ever! And lowest seed ever to advance to the FF.

If there ever was a sign, to me at least, that this wasn't the year, this past weekend proved it.

Who had Boston, Vermont, Miami, and Bemidji in their bracket challenge?

The #1, 9, 13, 16 seeds overall. :shaking head: :lol:

All the regional US Highway 2 schools make the tournament ... and Bemidji's the one going to DC.

Whodathunk.

That tells you how competitive college hockey has gotten over the past five years or so. The number of kids playing hockey has gone up and the areas of the country producing kids has increased, but the number of teams has either stayed the same or gone down. That means fewer really bad teams and a more exciting post-season. Getting a #1 seed isn't the gravy train it once was.

All the regional US Highway 2 schools make the tournament ... and Bemidji's the one going to DC.

Whodathunk.

Good point. I found out when I lived in Boston that Hwy 2 or Route as they call it there is the same one that goes throught bemidji.

That tells you how competitive college hockey has gotten over the past five years or so. The number of kids playing hockey has gone up and the areas of the country producing kids has increased, but the number of teams has either stayed the same or gone down. That means fewer really bad teams and a more exciting post-season. Getting a #1 seed isn't the gravy train it once was.

Bemidji's number one line is as good as any in college hockey.

Bemidji's number one line is as good as any in college hockey.

Yeah, and that wouldn't have been possible even five years ago. The fact that BSU can compete with anyone in the country (and I believe that includes the vaunted Terriers this year) is good for the sport and for those of us that are fortunate enough to get to watch it every winter.

Congrats to BSU !

Interesting stat this year if I did this right.

Of the 12 regional games, 9 of them involved one team that had the prior week off and one team that didn't.

The teams with the prior week off went 7-2, the only team to win a game against a "week-off" team was BU.

Let's run it, with prior week off teams in CAPS:

MIAMI v. Denver -- week off teams 1-0

AIR FORCE v. Michigan -- 2-0

Princeton v. Duluth

VERMONT v. Yale -- 3-0

OHIO STATE v. Boston -- 3-1

AIR FORCE v. VERMONT -- (how to score this?)

Cornell v. Northeastern

NEW HAMPSHIRE v. North Dakota -- 4-1

MIAMI v. Duluth -- 5-1

BSU v. Notre Dame -- 6-1

BSU v. Cornell -- 7-1

NEW HAMPSHIRE v. Boston -- 7-2

Yup, I think you got it.

Simply awesome.

I am a Beaver fan the rest of the way. So glad to see them make it instead of Cornell...I just can't stand their style of play.

Go Beavers!!

I'm done not believing.

Go Beavers.

You could hear the deflation in the voices of the broadcasters in the last 3 minutes when they realized BSU, Cinderella story or not, was going to knock off a team from New England.

ESPN is going "Oh CRAP! We have to find out more about these guys than what they listed on FaceBook!"

CLASSIC.

Let's run it, with prior week off teams in CAPS:

AIR FORCE v. Michigan -- 2-0

Princeton v. Duluth

VERMONT v. Yale -- 3-0

OHIO STATE v. Boston -- 3-1

AIR FORCE v. VERMONT -- (how to score this?)

Cornell v. Northeastern

MIAMI v. Duluth -- 5-1

BSU v. Notre Dame -- 6-1

BSU v. Cornell -- 7-1

Yup, I think you got it.

This is what I had (air force played last week):

air force v. Michigan

Princeton v. Duluth

VERMONT v. Yale -- 2-0

OHIO STATE v. Boston -- 2-1

air force v. VERMONT -- 3-1

Cornell v. Northeastern

MIAMI v. Duluth -- 5-1

BSU v. Notre Dame -- 6-1

BSU v. Cornell -- 7-1

Will the Thursday games be on any radio stations around the Minneapolis/St. Paul and Northern Iowa area. Gotta travel for easter so won't be able to watch.

Bring your lap top, don't leave home without it, most places seem to have wifi to include hotel and motel rooms.