SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who they are playing. BC or BU then yes but only because of what BC has done to the Sioux over the last couple of years, and BC and BU because of the East Coast bias. I really, really DO NOT like the Goofs but WCHA pride needs to show. Everyone on here makes the arguement that we are the best so lets show it, a win is a win.

Dogs tie, GO dogs! and GO SIOUX!!

It's easy to not like the goofs for their style of play. But look at history...look at what DU has cost the Sioux over the years. Seriously...there are lots of reasons to begrudge the Pio's. And yet, yes, they are a good team, one to respect, and I DO have WCHA pride...but I'll gladly cheer for UMD to take this region rather than DU.

NO matter how much I dislike DU, I would have liked them to win. I would like UMD to come back and win. Everyone on this site should or should have too. No matter what Du or Gwoz has done, it has been mentioned that the WCHA is the "premier" college hockey conference and so far it hasn't shown up. It is a great conference but no matter how well we think it is, we kid of have to beat the other conferences when it matters to prove that. It looks like the Sioux may be the last hope. GO SIOUX!!

I would have disagreed if PU hadn't shown the Stalock was a mere mortal again. Nothing worse than facing a hot goal tender this time of the season.

Good for UMD for getting the goal to get it tied up.

and, as I remember it, the intermission before OT allowed BC to regroup, momentum to swing 180 and the Sioux to lose a heartbreaker. I hope a better fate awaits the Dogs.

The goal that beat the Sioux was nothing but a championship-level goal. It wasn't about momentum, but about a player giving his all. (And a goalie missing a poke check).

and, as I remember it, the intermission before OT allowed BC to regroup, momentum to swing 180 and the Sioux to lose a heartbreaker. I hope a better fate awaits the Dogs.

IIRC the same year we came back on SCSU in the Final Five championship only to have them knock over Goering to win the game.

The goal that beat the Sioux was nothing but a championship-level goal. It wasn't about momentum, but about a player giving his all. (And a goalie missing a poke check).

And Schneekloth completely missing his assignment. :D

Ok, I'm over it...maybe not yet.

It's easy to not like the goofs for their style of play. But look at history...look at what DU has cost the Sioux over the years. Seriously...there are lots of reasons to begrudge the Pio's. And yet, yes, they are a good team, one to respect, and I DO have WCHA pride...but I'll gladly cheer for UMD to take this region rather than DU.

I agree with you 100% and I do not like the Pio's or Gwoz, but my arguement is the conference and every saying it's the greatest. So far the showing, with DU being a #1 seed losing to a team that some have called the "RedHACKS" and UMD being close with princeton. If we are the best then the WCHA should be dominating these teams. I would like to see UMD take this region too.

And Schneekloth completely missing his assignment. :D

Ok, I'm over it...maybe not yet.

Two things about that game.

1. Karl gives up a limp wristed goal to start things off.

2. The Sioux could not score 5x5.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand-grenades, atom bombs, and dancing.

Just back from BWW watching the game. Watched the whole game and just couldn't sit on a wooden stool any longer after UMD tied. The whole BWW erupted when UMD scored. I'm for Princeton myself, but it was pretty crazy watching the net ripple on that wrister with 0.8 left on the clock. WOW!