SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations Fighting Sioux! 2008-2009 WCHA Regular Season Cha

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win and another cup championship for the Sioux. I think the guy I was the most impressed with tonight besides Genoway was Eidsness. Made a great save with about two or three minutes left in the hockey game, and just seemed like that calm influence when the Sioux were struggling in the first period and for a bit in the second period.

Hats off to Dave Hakstol and the boys. Now lets sweep the badgers, and send them reeling into the postseason.

Great win and another cup championship for the Sioux. I think the guy I was the most impressed with tonight besides Genoway was Eidsness. Made a great save with about two or three minutes left in the hockey game, and just seemed like that calm influence when the Sioux were struggling in the first period and for a bit in the second period.

Hats off to Dave Hakstol and the boys. Now lets sweep the badgers, and send them reeling into the postseason.

Did they get to skate the cup around the Kohl Center tonight in front of Eaves and Osiecki?

No, the Cup will be presented to the team at next week's first round playoff series at The Ralph. Hopefully on Saturday night after a two game sweep of Tech.

What a season it has been so far!!! We need some solid play to win a national title. I believe with this win we will more than likely clinch a spot in the NCAA tournament. Who would've guessed with the slow start! Well, I guess most of us! Did we have everybody play tonight? Miller? LETS GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!

What a season it has been so far!!! We need some solid play to win a national title. I believe with this win we will more than likely clinch a spot in the NCAA tournament. Who would've guessed with the slow start! Well, I guess most of us! Did we have everybody play tonight? Miller? LETS GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a great season. I remember reading a post back in December that the Sioux wouldn't win 3 more games this season. I wish I still knew which thread that was in, simply so I could see if the person who posted it has jumped on the bandwagon now. Just seemed quite humerous, especially for a Hak team, to predict in December that we didn't have 3 more wins in us.

Now, I'll admit that I didn't think the Sioux would have the best season this year, and I definitely didn't think they'd win the McNaughton, so it's definitely been a treat to watch this team gel together. I love that Minnesota and BC are on the verge of missing the national tournament, and I'm hoping that this team has what it takes to get over the hump and bring us home another national title. It's been 9 years this April, and that's getting to be too damn long to wait for a title for us greedy Sioux fans!!! :D

But let's focus on tomorrow night first...finish out the regular season strong, and then go for the Broadmoor!!! GO SIOUX!!!!

It's been a great season. I remember reading a post back in December that the Sioux wouldn't win 3 more games this season. I wish I still knew which thread that was in, simply so I could see if the person who posted it has jumped on the bandwagon now. Just seemed quite humerous, especially for a Hak team, to predict in December that we didn't have 3 more wins in us.

Now, I'll admit that I didn't think the Sioux would have the best season this year, and I definitely didn't think they'd win the McNaughton, so it's definitely been a treat to watch this team gel together. I love that Minnesota and BC are on the verge of missing the national tournament, and I'm hoping that this team has what it takes to get over the hump and bring us home another national title. It's been 9 years this April, and that's getting to be too damn long to wait for a title for us greedy Sioux fans!!! :D

But let's focus on tomorrow night first...finish out the regular season strong, and then go for the Broadmoor!!! GO SIOUX!!!!

Darn it I wanted em to watch the Sioux show em how it is done.

I think I was one of the few that thought this was possible before the season started. Though, I started to doubt it once the season started. But I never gave up on the boys! Those boys knew they could climb out of that hole, and did they ever! No one deserves the Cup more than them. Way to go boys!

Congratulations Sioux coaches and players! This team has shown great heart this season after a rough start.

Now, some of you so-called "fans" on this board need to track down that October Mankato Friday night thread and eat your apocalyptic words. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. It's not done yet.

Now, some of you so-called "fans" on this board need to track down that October Mankato Friday night thread and eat your apocalyptic words. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. It's not done yet.

I was thinking after the UMD series or the GLI. That is when it was at it's worst.

Congratulations Sioux coaches and players! This team has shown great heart this season after a rough start.

Heh. I was going to say:

"Whatta ya think of em now!"

Bah. I still think Finley should be benched, Eidsness only plays because he's drafted, and Hakstol should have been fired months ago. :D

I was thinking after the UMD series or the GLI. That is when it was at it's worst.

Yeah post-GLI was rather gloomy. Now look where we're at!

Great accomplishment by this Fighting Sioux team. While I wish that they'd be more consistent in the first-half of the season I gotta concede that they were once again able to right the ship again after digging a nice hole when it seemed to many(including me) a hole they wouldn't be able to climb out of this time around but they did. However, I'll use the excuse that I was in a very depressed state since at the time UND lost to two of the worst teams in the NCAA. :D

And as many have iterated. 1 down 2 to go!!

GO SIOUX!!

I didn't think this team had it. I am not a bandwagon fan, it hurt to lose...I am happy eating crow out of the MacNaughton Cup!

I'm right there with you in the crow-eating club. :D

I am extremely proud of this team and each and every one of the young men wearing that sweater.

Enjoy the night. 'Cause tomorrow starts the march the rest of the way.

FYI: For all you Hakstol haters, a little information. I thought I heard them talking about it on the radio last weekend. . . . . Hak's first year, 5th in the WCHA: 2nd year: 4th in the WCHA, 3rd year: 3rd in the WCHA: 4th year, 2nd in the WCHA and 5th year. . . .MacNaughton Cup Champs!!!! Who wants to fire Hak now??? :D Congrats boys, you definitely deserve it!!! Go, Sioux!!

FYI: For all you Hakstol haters, a little information. I thought I heard them talking about it on the radio last weekend. . . . . Hak's first year, 5th in the WCHA: 2nd year: 4th in the WCHA, 3rd year: 3rd in the WCHA: 4th year, 2nd in the WCHA and 5th year. . . .MacNaughton Cup Champs!!!! Who wants to fire Hak now??? :D Congrats boys, you definitely deserve it!!! Go, Sioux!!

Does this mean we finish 10th next season? I hope not! :D

congrats sioux............watche at bar..just got home frm celkbrating..............wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo go sdiouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mcnoughtton it is...............chit i n eed to sleep

This run has been their most incredible yet. I knew they had the talent but the hole was so deep this time I admit that I thought the F5 autobid was going to have to be their ticket to the NCAA. Congrats and keep the hardware coming. Only two more items remain on Duncan's college hockey career checklist, Frozen Four MVP and National Title. Go Sioux.