SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations Fighting Sioux! 2008-2009 WCHA Regular Season Cha

Real cool. Most on this board knew it from the start and did not waiver from our position. This team is loaded top to bottom, with a mix of leadership, youth, talent, speed, brawn, and brains. We were fortunate enough to have made the drive to Dayton, Ohio in October of 2005 for the Lefty McFadden when the present senior class was on their first road trip and skating their first games. They were much heralded, mostly because of the guys no longer here. Now, here they sit on the precipe of yet another NCAA tournament run, with the Cup in hand, and with a solid chance of playing the balance of their games, at least up until the Frozen Four, before legions of fans at The Ralph, The X, and The John.

As many have already said, the early games of a season are just that. This team was way too loaded with leadership and talent to stay down for long. Break 'em down. Mix 'em up. Build them back. It's called chemistry, and Hak, Eades, and Jackson are some of the best chemists in the land.

Of course, good chemistry always requires quality elements. It's elementary. There are those who know and believe. And there are those who doubt and fret. Now, as every spring of late, we are all again as one. It's called chemistry.

Congrats to the boys wearing the colors for hanging a banner and bringing home some hardware. Their work, and their accomplishments, have only just begun.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This run has been their most incredible yet. I knew they had the talent but the hole was so deep this time I admit that I thought the F5 autobid was going to have to be their ticket to the NCAA. Congrats and keep the hardware coming. Only two more items remain on Duncan's college hockey career checklist, Frozen Four MVP and National Title. Go Sioux.

Hey I couldn't agree even more. Furthermore, let me put it to you this way folks. "LET'S FINISH THE JOB ONCE & FOR ALL."

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Real cool. Most on this board knew it from the start and did not waiver from our position. This team is loaded top to bottom, with a mix of leadership, youth, talent, speed, brawn, and brains. We were fortunate enough to have made the drive to Dayton, Ohio in October of 2005 for the Lefty McFadden when the present senior class was on their first road trip and skating their first games. They were much heralded, mostly because of the guys no longer here. Now, here they sit on the precipe of yet another NCAA tournament run, with the Cup in hand, and with a solid chance of playing the balance of their games, at least up until the Frozen Four, before legions of fans at The Ralph, The X, and The John.

As many have already said, the early games of a season are just that. This team was way too loaded with leadership and talent to stay down for long. Break 'em down. Mix 'em up. Build them back. It's called chemistry, and Hak, Eades, and Jackson are some of the best chemists in the land.

Of course, good chemistry always requires quality elements. It's elementary. There are those who know and believe. And there are those who doubt and fret. Now, as every spring of late, we are all again as one. It's called chemistry.

Congrats to the boys wearing the colors for hanging a banner and bringing home some hardware. Their work, and their accomplishments, have only just begun.

Great post.Couldn't agree more.

I knew we were going to win the WCHA all along... :D

Seriously while I never count a Sioux team out of it for the playoffs, who'd a thought that they could put together enough of a string to make up for all of our early bad losses to win the regular season.

It's posts like these that remind me why NorthDakotaHockey is the Yoda amongst all Fighting Sioux fans. :D

If Hak, Eades, and Jackson are such good chemists, can I ask them to help find me a nice lady? Yea...that'd be great. :D

Great job guys!!! Its amazing that 2 months ago the Goofers were #1 and we were #7 or 8, what happened? After tonight all we need to do is go 8-0 and we have #8.This is what you work for, so lets go get it done!!!

Great job guys!!! Its amazing that 2 months ago the Goofers were #1 and we were #7 or 8, what happened? After tonight all we need to do is go 8-0 and we have #8.This is what you work for, so lets go get it done!!!

North Dakota was on their schedule.

Reading the GF Herald this morning, I see that the Sioux have the most WCHA titles of any team. We have 14, with MN having 12. The reason I bring this up is that I didn't know that! As a diehard, it shows that the regular season titles are nice, but it is the "green" banners we are after.

Great accomplishment, just keep winning baby!

First off I would like to congratulate the Fighting Sioux players, Hak and his coaching staff on what an awesome season they had. Second, I would like to say WOW, to all the doubters in the first half of the season saying they should fire Hak because we were a 500 team. Ye who has little FAITH in Hak. Look at what Hak has done in the past. Now it is our time this year. We are starting a new season coming this weekend! It now time to step it up another level for the 1st Round and Final Five and then NCAA tournament! Lets get #8!!!

Go Sioux!!

#14 is pretty satifying. I can't wait to see them the rest of the way out. Time to finish the deal! Oh, and I love games like this because we all get to see what AZ writes in the early morning hours. :D Hope you're feeling alright bud!

:D :D Me too.

#14 is pretty satifying. I can't wait to see them the rest of the way out. Time to finish the deal! Oh, and I love games like this because we all get to see what AZ writes in the early morning hours. :D Hope you're feeling alright bud!

im back in action :D was thinking of grabbing the beach cruiser bike today and going to a spring training game here in scottsdale and keep my macnaughton celebration rolling before wtahcing the sioux sweep the badgers :D

im back in action :D was thinking of grabbing the beach cruiser bike today and going to a spring training game here in scottsdale and keep my mcnoughton celebration rolling before wtahcing the sioux sweep the badgers :D

Dude...at least spell it right! :D

So I flew into Madison this weekend from Denver for the Sioux/Badgers series. My buddy has season tickets right in the middle of the student section (his wife is a student). It was nice to see the Sioux not only beat the Badgers in their barn but to clinch the MacNaughton Cup was icing on the cake!

Fair warning to any Sioux fans who think about wearing green and sitting (standing) in the student section-the students point at you and chant in unison, "asshole, asshole!" I kept a pretty low profile last night so fortunately, that didn't happen to me but it happened to this other guy a lot! I guess he got the last laugh at the end of the game though!

Let's go out and get a sweep tonight; let's not settle for only last night's victory!

A couple observations about the game last night:

1) If you hold onto the puck too long and/or have your head down, Wisconsin will make you pay. They are such a physical team.

2) North Dakota's power play did not look good the entire night (until when it counted at the end!). I don't know if I should be criticizing the Sioux or praising Wisconsin for their tenacious penalty kill. Perhaps a little bit of both.

3) Wisconsin students have some funny, creative cheers such as, "Sioux's a girl's name! Sioux's a girl's name!"

4) The Kohl Center, as nice as it is, can't touch the Ralph

So I flew into Madison this weekend from Denver for the Sioux/Badgers series. My buddy has season tickets right in the middle of the student section (his wife is a student). It was nice to see the Sioux not only beat the Badgers in their barn but to clinch the MacNaughton Cup was icing on the cake!

Fair warning to any Sioux fans who think about wearing green and sitting (standing) in the student section-the students point at you and chant in unison, "asshole, asshole!" I kept a pretty low profile last night so fortunately, that didn't happen to me but it happened to this other guy a lot! I guess he got the last laugh at the end of the game though!

Let's go out and get a sweep tonight; let's not settle for only last night's victory!

A couple observations about the game last night:

1) If you hold onto the puck too long and/or have your head down, Wisconsin will make you pay. They are such a physical team.

2) North Dakota's power play did not look good the entire night (until when it counted at the end!). I don't know if I should be criticizing the Sioux or praising Wisconsin for their tenacious penalty kill. Perhaps a little bit of both.

3) Wisconsin students have some funny, creative cheers such as, "Sioux's a girl's name! Sioux's a girl's name!"

4) The Kohl Center, as nice as it is, can't touch the Ralph

That stupid dance they do is horrible!!!!!!! and the old guy who holds up the signs sit down!!!!!

After traveling to CC in early November and seeing this Sioux team simply outskate and outplay CC in the Friday night game, I knew they had the ability. The question was whether they could play at that level consistently. I remember the coaches in November saying this team was close, and they were right. Congratulations Sioux team on a great season.

I remember the coaches in November saying this team was close, and they were right.

For which they were soundly ridiculed here. People are so focused on the results, rather than the play. As you noted, there were signs from the start of a very good team, but they just weren't getting the bounces, and they were adjusting to a patchwork defensive group with Finley out.