SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU men

jimdahl

Saw while browsing the Forum sports page this morning that the NDSU men are playing their final game of the season against the co-leader of the conference, Oral Roberts -- winner take the regular season title.

Summit League title on the line between NDSU, Oral Roberts

The game's on the regional Fox Sports affiliate, which is available nationally on many tv packages (FOXSP here). I hadn't heard much about them this year, but in the past few seasons the Bison men were the upside surprise (at least to me) of NDSU's transition. With no Sioux hockey on the national tube tonight :D, Sioux fans may want turn away from the UMN-UMD game a bit and check it out. Good luck.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw while browsing the Forum sports page this morning that the NDSU men are playing their final game of the season against the co-leader of the conference, Oral Roberts -- winner take the regular season title.

Summit League title on the line between NDSU, Oral Roberts

The game's on the regional Fox Sports affiliate, which is available nationally on many tv packages (FOXSP here). I hadn't heard much about them this year, but in the past few seasons the Bison men were the upside surprise (at least to me) of NDSU's transition. With tonight's hockey game surprisingly not on the tube here :D, it should provide some competition with the UMN-UMD game for regional game of interest. Good luck.

Tiny clarification: With a one-game lead going into tonight's game, NDSU has already claimed a share of the regular season crown. The game tonight will determine if NDSU wins it outright or shares it with ORU. More importantly, the game will determine who gets the top seed in the conference tournament and who will likely have to face both Oakland AND the winner of tonight's game in the tourney. I was leaning toward an ORU victory tonight, but the last minute change the Summit made to take the tiebreaker away from NDSU makes me think the Bison will be out for blood. Regardless, it should be a great game with two fairly evenly matched teams and over 9,000 in attendance.

Tiny clarification: With a one-game lead going into tonight's game, NDSU has already claimed a share of the regular season crown. The game tonight will determine if NDSU wins it outright or shares it with ORU. More importantly, the game will determine who gets the top seed in the conference tournament and who will likely have to face both Oakland AND the winner of tonight's game in the tourney. I was leaning toward an ORU victory tonight, but the last minute change the Summit made to take the tiebreaker away from NDSU makes me think the Bison will be out for blood. Regardless, it should be a great game with two fairly evenly matched teams and over 9,000 in attendance.

ORU just doesn't lose at home. That's the lesson NDSU should take from this regular season because it's the home loss to SUU that killed them. Don't lose to inferior teams at home. ORU by 6.

Tiny clarification: With a one-game lead going into tonight's game, NDSU has already claimed a share of the regular season crown. The game tonight will determine if NDSU wins it outright or shares it with ORU.

Thanks for the correction. Congrats already, then, to the Bison on their first conference championship. Though most of the D-I transition talk seems to center around football, I've long thought basketball had more upside potential. However, I was surprised with the speed with which NDSU succeeded.

This team grew up a lot tonight. I'm glad my prediction was wrong. I look forward to filling out my Bison/Carolina bracket.

They gotta get through the Summit Tourney. Not an easy task. It sure seems like this team is putting it together at the right time in the season though.

This team grew up a lot tonight. I'm glad my prediction was wrong. I look forward to filling out my Bison/Carolina bracket.

Currently ESPN's Joe the Bracket Man has ND State as a 13 vs. Marquette. If we can win the tounament (big if), we should be able to get a 13 or at worst a 14 at 26-6. Yeah, a 16 seed vs. Carolina would be a quick out, but a 13 vs. the current list of 4's (Marquette, Washington, Clemson or Illinois) wouldn't be quite as bad. Thank goodness these games are on neutral courts.

Currently ESPN's Joe the Bracket Man has ND State as a 13 vs. Marquette. If we can win the tounament (big if), we should be able to get a 13 or at worst a 14 at 26-6. Yeah, a 16 seed vs. Carolina would be a quick out, but a 13 vs. the current list of 4's (Marquette, Washington, Clemson or Illinois) wouldn't be quite as bad. Thank goodness these games are on neutral courts.

If that works out, I think NDSU would have a decent chance vs. Marquette as their top player was just lost for the year with a foot injury.

Congrats to the Bison on winning the Summit League. I am a big supporter of Sioux Sports, but will be rooting for the Bison to make the big dance. Ben Woodside is one of the best basketball players we have ever seen around this area, he seemed to will NDSU to the win the other night against Oral Roberts. I've listened to BW with Dan Hammer on his sports program, he seems like a class act. Now our Sioux hockey team needs to wrap up our WCHA League next weekend in Madison.

I generally have a major disdain for the NDSU Bison....but I think that this is a story that all North Dakotans can get behind. Best of luck to Coach Phillips and his squad in Sioux Falls this week. Make ND proud!!

Agreed

It the Bison do get a 13 seed, they could do well if they get the right matchup. Illlinois would be perfect, a crappy plodding big 10 team and Marquette with them losing one of their 3 stud guards for the season coul be ripe. Washington is average, but the Bison would want nothing to do with Clemson, way too athletic.

Congrats to the Bison on winning the Summit League. I am a big supporter of Sioux Sports, but will be rooting for the Bison to make the big dance. Ben Woodside is one of the best basketball players we have ever seen around this area, he seemed to will NDSU to the win the other night against Oral Roberts. I've listened to BW with Dan Hammer on his sports program, he seems like a class act. Now our Sioux hockey team needs to wrap up our WCHA League next weekend in Madison.

Yes, I think it would be good if NDSU made the big dance as it benefits ND as a whole. The success in the various sporting areas by either UND or NDSU prods the other school to do better.

I quite agree. A good or great showing by the NDSU men's basketball team helps the state of North Dakota as a whole, including the Sioux at some point down the road. Many people get the two schools confused for one reason or another. Sports Illustrated once had the Sioux men's hockey team located in Fargo. Congratulations to the Bison men and may they win the Summit and get to March Madness. Let's get behind the Bison. In the long run we won't regret it.

First off thanks for the support from everyone, all are correct this isn't just a NDSU victory its a North Dakota victory what these kids have done and hope they can keep rolling is awesome for the ENTIRE state!!

Secondly Woodside, Winkleman, Nelson, Moorman, and Tvedt are all class acts along with the rest of the team, those big 4 seniors are great leaders and teachers for our upcoming underclassmen which towards the end of this year have shown they can play also, I seriously credit it to the seniors! again thanks for the support and also i'll be watching the Hockey guys good luck

Thank you all for the support! We may never see a team quite like this one at NDSU. Sure there will be more great players and great teams, but the stars really had to align for us to be in this spot with this team. Hopefully UND can find a conference(hopefully the summit) and build it's men's basketball program. It may take a bit longer but it will come around. And good luck to the Sioux hockey team in the post-season. I think you have the WCHA pretty much wrapped up if I heard right.

It feels really weird the happiness for the bison and the thank you's back and forth but this is a big deal no doubt about that.. I'd love for the Bison to be in the big dance and i'll be cheering for them if they make it there.

Yeah it almost as if something has frozen over!!! :lol::angry:

It feels really weird the happiness for the bison and the thank you's back and forth but this is a big deal no doubt about that.. I'd love for the Bison to be in the big dance and i'll be cheering for them if they make it there.

My god, what is next.......dogs and cats sleeping together?!?!? :lol::angry: