SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU men

jimdahl

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Bison. That was a great game. That would be fun if both schools where in Minneapolis next weekend. I haven't been to the NCAA tournament but would definately check it out if the Bison where in Minneapolis. Best of luck to a classy group of guys.

Could you imagine seeing NDSU fans wearing their gear cheering on the hockey team and the UND fans with their gear cheering on the basketball team. :blush:

The world must be on a tilt right now :whistling: Let's get people to Minneapolis and hope the selection committee puts the Bison there!!!

I couldn't ever imagine cheering for NDSU in anything.

I agree with Goon. Wow, I guess there really is a first time for everything.

It's hard to avoid. The team has several compelling story lines to tell, and the conf title game finish makes them ESPN's darlings until the next big thing comes up. And if they win a game in the tourney...

Just finished watching a bit of Sportscenter...Woodside's winning shot was #3 on the Top 10 Plays. Nice work!

We started at #2, but got bumped down to #3 in the next SportsCenter. I was so sad. :whistling:

Watching the replay right now on ESPNU in between snow shoveling.

I'd like to add my congratulations to the Summit League regular season and playoff champion North Dakota State Bison. What a fantastic accomplishment. Plus, the team is composed of some very classy young men. With a little bit of luck who knows what might happen? In any event, the best of luck to the Bison men as they head for March Madness and the Big Dance.

I'd like to add my congratulations to the Summit League regular season and playoff champion North Dakota State Bison. What a fantastic accomplishment. Plus, the team is composed of some very classy young men. With a little bit of luck who knows what might happen? In any event, the best of luck to the Bison men as they head for March Madness and the Big Dance.

With Woodside, Nelson, Winkelman, Moorman (?) having invested five years with only one shot at the tournament, it would have been almost tragic if they hadn't made good on their one shot. Last night was the first that I've seen these Bison play: Tveidt (sp) seemed like the player that most wanted the win. If NDSU and Oakland could combine their strengths, that team likely could have a top 30 potential, as NDSU really needs an inside presence that Oakland has. NDSU's going to have to shoot the lights out from 3-pt range to advance. Have respect for what Miles (especially) and their coaches have done.

Living a couple of hours from Greensboro, have four tickets to that subregional. Kidded my brother (also a UND grad) a couple of months ago that we might end up watching NDSU there - not that I would cheer against them, unless their fans, seeing Kelly Green, start the Sioux S** garbage. :silly: Now, if it was football ...

It's good to know that Sioux fans (at least some of them) are rooting for the Bison. Don't take it personally if we swear at the inevitable announcer/columnist/opponent who refers to North Dakota State as "North Dakota" like it is huge insult. :silly:

It's good to know that Sioux fans (at least some of them) are rooting for the Bison. Don't take it personally if we swear at the inevitable announcer/columnist/opponent who refers to North Dakota State as "North Dakota" like it is huge insult. ???

If you went to UND I do not see how you can root for a Bison team of any kind. I would expect the same if you went to NDSU not to root for a UND team. That's just my opinion and I know there are many that disagree with me, but who cares. I know there are many that root for a team because it is the popular thing to do, I just don't understand that. I live in Fargo and I see the bandwagoners all the time for both teams. Makes me laugh because they just want to fit in and be on the winning side. I have no respect for those people, sorry if you are one of them.... :silly:

If you went to UND I do not see how you can root for a Bison team of any kind. I would expect the same if you went to NDSU not to root for a UND team. That's just my opinion and I know there are many that disagree with me, but who cares. I know there are many that root for a team because it is the popular thing to do, I just don't understand that. I live in Fargo and I see the bandwagoners all the time for both teams. Makes me laugh because they just want to fit in and be on the winning side. I have no respect for those people, sorry if you are one of them.... :silly:

I think it is a matter of being from North Dakota.....when something positive happens for your state......regardless of what school.....it makes you feel good. Hell, I like to see a school like Dickinson State do well in Football and I have absolutely no ties to that school other than being a Nodaker that likes to see them beat a school like Carrol College. There are not a lot of us Nodakers, so we celebrate the national spotlight. It really is a pretty simple concept.

I think it is a matter of being from North Dakota.....when something positive happens for your state......regardless of what school.....it makes you feel good. Hell, I like to see a school like Dickinson State do well in Football and I have absolutely no ties to that school other than being a Nodaker that likes to see them beat a school like Carrol College. There are not a lot of us Nodakers, so we celebrate the national spotlight. It really is a pretty simple concept.

I also like to see schools like Dicknson State, Mayville, Minot, Wahpeton, etc. do well, but not the Bison. It is different with them and I know the feeling is mutual among most alumni from UND and NDSU. I hope they get blown out so they, and their fans, can come back to reality. :silly:

I also like to see schools like Dicknson State, Mayville, Minot, Wahpeton, etc. do well, but not the Bison. It is different with them and I know the feeling is mutual among most alumni from UND and NDSU. I hope they get blown out so they, and their fans, can come back to reality. :silly:

I would not say among most. I think the folks that think like you are in a minority at both places. And that is a positive thing.....

As far as reality.....most NDSU fans know we are underdogs from the start.....but that is what makes this fun. A win at the NCAA would mean a lot for our fans and we know it would be a helluva upset......unlike a Duke fan that is bummed if they don't win it all. I think most of us are well grounded in reality, but we all sure as hell hope for the upset!

In the end, if there are a few of you that can't cheer for the Herd.....I really don't care, because next week I am going to buy a way overpriced airline ticket (damn...no 7 day advance purchase) and I am going DANCING!

I would not say among most. I think the folks that think like you are in a minority at both places. And that is a positive thing.....

As far as reality.....most NDSU fans know we are underdogs from the start.....but that is what makes this fun. A win at the NCAA would mean a lot for our fans and we know it would be a helluva upset......unlike a Duke fan that is bummed if they don't win it all. I think most of us are well grounded in reality, but we all sure as hell hope for the upset!

In the end, if there are a few of you that can't cheer for the Herd.....I really don't care, because next week I am going to buy a way overpriced airline ticket (damn...no 7 day advance purchase) and I am going DANCING!

I'm not talking about "folks" in general there Jethro. I am talking about Alumni of UND and NDSU and if you think I am in the minority you are wrong. Yes there are "folks" that cheer for both schools but they did not attend either one. By the way, how did that Animal Husbandry Degree work out for you? :silly:

I'm not talking about "folks" in general there Jethro. I am talking about Alumni of UND and NDSU and if you think I am in the minority you are wrong. Yes there are "folks" that cheer for both schools but they did not attend either one. By the way, how did that Animal Husbandry Degree work out for you? ???

It must have worked out OK for me since I am buying the overpriced airline ticket..... :silly:

I also like to see schools like Dicknson State, Mayville, Minot, Wahpeton, etc. do well, but not the Bison. It is different with them and I know the feeling is mutual among most alumni from UND and NDSU. I hope they get blown out so they, and their fans, can come back to reality. :D

What exactly is the "reality" as you see it?

If you went to UND I do not see how you can root for a Bison team of any kind. I would expect the same if you went to NDSU not to root for a UND team. That's just my opinion and I know there are many that disagree with me, but who cares. I know there are many that root for a team because it is the popular thing to do, I just don't understand that. I live in Fargo and I see the bandwagoners all the time for both teams. Makes me laugh because they just want to fit in and be on the winning side. I have no respect for those people, sorry if you are one of them.... :D

well your a idiot!!! ban me for it i don't care, nothing on this thread has been smack until now, and as most have stated its not a NDSU/UND thing its a STATE of North Dakota thing, these players NDSU has on their team have never played or been part of the UND/NDSU rivalry, so why is it so hard to cheer for a in state team??? grow up!! whay can you not "root" for the bison when your men and women can't compete at the same level for a few years?:D its completely childish!!

I also like to see schools like Dicknson State, Mayville, Minot, Wahpeton, etc. do well, but not the Bison. It is different with them and I know the feeling is mutual among most alumni from UND and NDSU. I hope they get blown out so they, and their fans, can come back to reality. :D

I'll add this, you want to get hardcore, your hockey team will never get the publicity that The North Dakota State University mens Bball team has had in the past week, and that moron is the reality!!! Live with it!!

sorry and thanks for all the well wishers but I can't handle people as narrow minded as this idiot!! or sorry JEALOUS!!! :D

I'll add this, you want to get hardcore, your hockey team will never get the publicity that The North Dakota State University mens Bball team has had in the past week, and that moron is the reality!!! Live with it!!

sorry and thanks for all the well wishers but I can't handle people as narrow minded as this idiot!! or sorry JEALOUS!!! :D

You where excited about the game on espn2, the Sioux hockey team has actually played a few games on ESPN and ESPN2 in the same weekend. It happens when you make it to the frozen four. You had a article on ESPN.com, Sioux hockey has had that to. Coverage in some national papers, been there, done that. Yes this last week ndsu mens basketball has gotten a lot of coverage and next week there will be more as well but don't say they will never get the publicity. They have already had the exposure your getting now, more than once actually. You guys hopefully win that game next Thursday or Friday and the exposure will be huge, I definately won't argue with you there. If not though, CBS is going to be showing only scores of the game as they switch to another game thats on, except locally of course. Its neat and exciting and something I think the bison could do fairly regularely with the coach they have in the conference they are in. 3-4 quality players will give you a chance in that conference and if you have a quality big man look out.

I have already stated that I am happy for the ndsu basketball team. You posted earlier how you don't understand how other people can't be happy and cheer for them. Well, stupid posts like this are the reason. You come on another schools message board and start calling names because other fans of other teams aren't cheering for your school. You sound like the idiot. I'd like to see what you and your boys on bisonville would do if someone came on there and started saying how you should cheer for the Sioux hockey team because it represents the state. That would go over real well I'm sure. It has nothing to do with being jealous, some people actually just don't give a sh*t. Deal with it. Good luck in the tournament though. Some people will be cheering for your team.

OK Bubba, now get back to tending the sheep. :D

What exactly is the "reality" as you see it?

The reality is the Bison beat some meaningless teams (something called Centenary, Southern Utah, and Oakland MI)to becoming a meaningless team in a tournament that they don't belong and will be bounced in the 1st round and everyone will forget about them.

well your a idiot!!! ban me for it i don't care, nothing on this thread has been smack until now, and as most have stated its not a NDSU/UND thing its a STATE of North Dakota thing, these players NDSU has on their team have never played or been part of the UND/NDSU rivalry, so why is it so hard to cheer for a in state team??? grow up!! whay can you not "root" for the bison when your men and women can't compete at the same level for a few years?:D its completely childish!!

It makes me laugh how much it bugs you girls that we won't cheer for your team. Don't you have enough bandwagon/fair weather fans the way it is? I see them all the time here in Fargo, most of them have never actually been to a Bison football or basketball game. The Sioux have their share of bandwagon fans and I really don't care to have more of them.