SiouxSports.com Forum

Stoa's bush league attack

johndahl

When it comes time to answer the bell tonight I fully expect more gloves on slappy fights from the Gophers, or they will merely roll on their backs and wet themselves like frightened puppies. Then in a quote to the media after the game their coaches will complain that UND starts all the fights in the WCHA. I have been watching this same story for 30 years, it never changes. :angry:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the game and couple of things... stoa is a very talented player who im sure was trying to get his team motivated for tonights game, don't really have a problem with it, and shep the idiot even got it right and gave him four minutes. i love hextall, he's all over the ice, and gets in the other teams head (obviously) like prp used to. it obviously took the goofs off their game. there WILL be fireworks tonight, guaranteed, my bet is on the maloney pony or hex finishing what stoa started last night. i can't believe what was said on fsn after the game?!? that is classless. coaches sending players out to hurt other players, then wooger saying good for you?!? i now have lost any respect i had for wooger, he's back on par with masucko and puffy. and it's not like the goofs were innocent in all this. lucia and lofquist were yapping every whistle. i can't wait for tonight. GO SIOUX!

I think Woog took issue with some of Hennessey's comments on the radio earlier in the morning.

I don't see the problem here. If the tables were turned we'd want a Sioux player to do the same to a yappy Gopher to send a message. This is hockey, not figure skating. Stoa didn't do anything unusually dangerous.

I did find it odd that Stoa would say that the bench told him to do something. That should stay on the bench or locker room.

Not to start a flamefest, but what?

I know about Radke's embarrassing actions, but that was against DU.

What was embarrassing about that. There were four or five players on one of his teammates. Radke pulled one of them off of them and beat the snot out of him.

He didn't start it. He stood up for his teammates. Maybe he should have just grabbed ahold of the guy and held on, but it's NOTHING comparable with attacking a guy laying on his back.

I saw Puffy at Whiteys...he was gambling. (i'm not joking) He looked sad, and this was before the game.

That's because he still hasn't been able to get all the ink off the inside of his hands and fingers!

I think Stoa was just trying to light a spark under his team's but. Plus maybe Hexstall was getting under his skin a bit and he just took out his frustrations. No big deal in my book. It's hockey... I wouldn't call it bush league.
I agree.I've played the game and that stuff just happens.The answer to it is to kick their asses on the scoreboard again tonite.Man the RALPH was rockin last nite.Most fun I have had at a game in a long time.

I thought that we won because the Sioux came out and out hustled MN from the start. We weren't chippy, perhaps chirpy, but for the most part it looked like we just played better hockey. The MN team was on their heels from the start. I think the shots were 40 to 7 after the first 20 minutes. We spent our time playing hockey not trying to out muscle the opponents. I have a feeling that the MN boyz are going to come out with a chip on their shoulders tonite and want to redeem themselves by playiing physical - in post game interviews some noted that they embarrassed the jersey that they were wearing and insinuated that they would not let it happen again. Which sounds like physicality to me! The worst thing that we can do is go toe to toe with them on the ice. We need to put up 40 more shots after 20 minutes. If we want to beat the crap out of them meet them outside after the game - but for the 60 minutes of the game - focus on hockey! Last night can be a script for success for the rest of the year and it starts with good clean hockey predicated on continuous hustle.

Skate on Sioux!

You guys are seriously complaining on a night when you chased our best player from the game after a touchdown? Outshot and outplayed the Gophers and basically made my guys look like mites?

Take it for what it was Hextall got under the Gophers skin and drew the Gophers best forward into stupid penalties.

I saw Puffy at Whiteys...he was gambling. (i'm not joking) He looked sad, and this was before the game.
I talked to him for a bit at Whiteys.He has put some badly needed weight back on and yes he seemed a bit down.I still respect the man and wished him all the luck and of course a SIOUX sweep.

You guys are seriously complaining on a night when you chased our best player from the game after a touchdown? Outshot and outplayed the Gophers and basically made my guys look like mites?

Take it for what it was Hextall got under the Gophers skin and drew the Gophers best forward into stupid penalties.

I know I'm not complaining. Also, I agree with your last statement.

I agree with both your statements. :angry:

No complaints here, best Sioux game I've seen since we treated Stauber and Woog to a 9-0 thrashing back in 88-89. Oh...and the Gophers came back and won the next night, 5-3 or so, if I recall. There's still sixty minutes of hockey left (maybe more) this weekend. I'm looking for sixty more like last night from the Sioux...and I doubt we'll see another sixty like that from the Gophers. Tonight is going to be a great game.

Like the man said, "There's nothing better than a Saturday night in the WCHA."

Especially when it's Sioux v. Goldy

i was at the game and couple of things... stoa is a very talented player who im sure was trying to get his team motivated for tonights game, don't really have a problem with it, and shep the idiot even got it right and gave him four minutes. i love hextall, he's all over the ice, and gets in the other teams head (obviously) like prp used to. it obviously took the goofs off their game. there WILL be fireworks tonight, guaranteed, my bet is on the maloney pony or hex finishing what stoa started last night. i can't believe what was said on fsn after the game?!? that is classless. coaches sending players out to hurt other players, then wooger saying good for you?!? i now have lost any respect i had for wooger, he's back on par with masucko and puffy. and it's not like the goofs were innocent in all this. lucia and lofquist were yapping every whistle. i can't wait for tonight. GO SIOUX!

Stoa actually got 6 minutes for that scrum last night according to the box score....For those of you who played hockey or reffed or coached it, at what point do you stop adding up minors and just give them a major?

I'm not. I didn't get to watch the game and i don't trust the radio guys for objectivity.

I just want to understand it all better.

How do you know that?

EDIT: I see on USCHO that Fischer is already on his way back to the Cities so he's out... and that Stoa is doubtful because of a lower body injury... as per Hill

Hill said it on beyond the pond this morning and he also said that the world junior kids were "tired".