SiouxSports.com Forum

Stoa's bush league attack

johndahl

I wasn't pleased to see Stoa run a Sioux player into his own goalie, and then turn around and start beating him while he was still on the ice, but was even more surprised to hear Stoa say in the post-game interview that that's exactly what happened, and the coaches told him to do it. What a bush league program...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't pleased to see Stoa run a Sioux player into his own goalie, and then turn around and start beating him while he was still on the ice, but was even more surprised to hear Stoa say in the post-game interview that that's exactly what happened, and the coaches told him to do it. What a bush league program...

I missed the post-game interviews. Stoa said that the coaches told him to do it?

Yep. It's one thing for a stupid kid who can't control himself to punch a defenseless guy lying on his back, but another thing for a coach to send him out to do it. And what was up with that idiot homer Woog telling him "good for you"? I hope the WCHA takes note of it - that has no place in college sports.

Yep. It's one thing for a stupid kid who can't control himself to punch a defenseless guy lying on his back, but another thing for a coach to send him out to do it. And what was up with that idiot homer Woog telling him "good for you"? I hope the WCHA takes note of it - that has no place in college sports.

Was stupid, but I"d be more than happy to see Gophers running all over trying to take shots at Hextall, while the Sioux continue to fill the net tomorrow night. He got under the skin of many more than Stoa, right from the opening faceoff.

I think Stoa was just trying to light a spark under his team's but. Plus maybe Hexstall was getting under his skin a bit and he just took out his frustrations. No big deal in my book. It's hockey... I wouldn't call it bush league.

Oh, my opinion will probably soften a little in a couple days, but right now the Sioux need something to play for tomorrow night :angry:

John

Finley pulling Wheeler out of the handshake line last year? That bush league if you ask me and this is coming from someone who thinks Wheeler had it coming. I'm just trying to say that we sholuldn't get too worked up about what Stoa did because I know we're guilty of bush league !@$! in the past.

Finley pulling Wheeler out of the handshake line last year? That is bush league if you ask me and this is coming from someone who thinks Wheeler had it coming. I'm just trying to say that we sholuldn't get too worked up about what Stoa did because I know we're guilty of bush league !@$! in the past.

Difference is we don't know what wheeler might have done or said to Fin in the moment before Fin started dancing with him. Depending on what it was there could be justification for his actions. BUT we do know that Hextall did not do anything in the moment or several moments before the move Stoa pulled.

It isn't the hugest deal but I would say it is at least somewhat cheap given it was not provoked in the moment and he was in a defenseless position. You don't see that type of thing in hockey much and it is for sure a chicken sh_t move by Stoa. At least Wheeler was on an even two feet on the groud position with Fin. That is the main point I think, Hextall was in a defenseless position.

Consider this, I could have done what Stoa did. In contrast, I literally wouldn't last two seconds going toe-to-toe with the most whimpy guy on the ice tonight, but put me on the ice with someone in Hextalls position and I could hurt him quite easily. All of you who question the cheepness of the play should think about that....

And screw woog. I like to listen to his commentary just cuz but the guy is a dork . I haven't listened to the FSN broadcast yet. I watched it on FSSN on Satellite but I will rewatch it on FSN. should be interesting. Last year Woog was drunk during the Friday game against the Sioux in MSP. I recorded that and my friends and I still listen to it and laugh at the word slurring babbling job that he did.

Oh and by the way the boys on FSSN said that WOOGIE came over to talk to them between period and he was being pretty bizzar and babbling about things that they "couldn't repeat on the air"- So I'm guessing he was drunk again tonight. it must be all of the excitement that the Sioux series brings :angry:

Finley pulling Wheeler out of the handshake line last year? That bush league if you ask me and this is coming from someone who thinks Wheeler had it coming. I'm just trying to say that we sholuldn't get too worked up about what Stoa did because I know we're guilty of bush league !@$! in the past.

There's more to the story, which I'm not going to post here, but Finley had every right to pull him out with what Wheeler said. Any one of you with half a brain would have done the same thing if you were in Finley's skates either. But, those that don't know stories always have the loudest reactions.

There's more to the story, which I'm not going to post here, but Finley had every right to pull him out with what Wheeler said. Any one of you with half a brain would have done the same thing if you were in Finley's skates either. But, those that don't know stories always have the loudest reactions.

I did say that I think Wheeler had it coming.....sorry but it still comes off as bush league. Hextall may have had it coming tonight too.

I did say that I think Wheeler had it coming.....sorry but it still comes off as bush league. Hextall may have had it coming tonight too.

I did not find it bush league at all...Hextall is an agitator which is part of his job and may have had a cross check coming. The Sioux have done their fair share of bush league things in the past. For the most part it was a well fought clean game...and duh of course FSN broadcasters are going to be homers. No different than Hennessey.

Why can't you post the "rest of the story"? as Paul Harvey would say!

well wheeler said a couple things to finley during that which got finely ready to kick his azz. not gona say what he said but it wasnt smart. guk the fophers. they got their azzes whooped tonight and deserved it.not just on scoreboard but all over the friken ice

well wheeler said a couple things to finley during that which got finely ready to kick his azz. not gona say what he said but it wasnt smart. guk the fophers. they got their azzes whooped tonight and deserved it.not just on scoreboard but all over the friken ice

I agree totally but I just posted to the original comment in hopes that we would celebrate a good win instead of complaining about relativley petty stuff. With that said I'm done with this topic, lets get another one tomorrow.

i was at the game and couple of things... stoa is a very talented player who im sure was trying to get his team motivated for tonights game, don't really have a problem with it, and shep the idiot even got it right and gave him four minutes. i love hextall, he's all over the ice, and gets in the other teams head (obviously) like prp used to. it obviously took the goofs off their game. there WILL be fireworks tonight, guaranteed, my bet is on the maloney pony or hex finishing what stoa started last night. i can't believe what was said on fsn after the game?!? that is classless. coaches sending players out to hurt other players, then wooger saying good for you?!? i now have lost any respect i had for wooger, he's back on par with masucko and puffy. and it's not like the goofs were innocent in all this. lucia and lofquist were yapping every whistle. i can't wait for tonight. GO SIOUX!