SiouxSports.com Forum

Stoa's bush league attack

johndahl

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he officiating was pretty decent last night. however, tonight I put the over/under on gopher pp's at 8.

It's been worse for sure. One thing I laughed about was Brad Malone's penalty at the end of the first. First the official waved it off. Secondly they announced a "boarding penalty" when the period ended. When it started up again in the second they announced it was cross checking.

Not that it was necessarily a bad call. It could have gone either way.

The other one I questioned was the first penalty of the game. They called Hexstall for a late hit. I didn't see that, but I was watching when a Gopher came in and checked Hextall after that.

Typical goofy WCHA officiating, but I'm laughing about it rather than complaining.

First of all I did not get to watcht he game until I got off work last night. What a game. If the Sioux play like that every game they would be unbeatable! Stoa's hit was totally uncalled for and completely Bush League. He is a very good player, but he should also know how stupid that was.

Hill said it on beyond the pond this morning and he also said that the world junior kids were "tired".

Thats the biggest bullSh*t excuse i have ever heard. These guys played there last WJC game the sunday before. Besides i did not see much effort from them in the WJC so they should have been well rested. Also, isn't it a little ironic that Stoa cheap shots our guy while he lay on his back on the ice, rats out the bench for telling him to do it, and now he is out tonight? Either he is scared he is gonna get beat up or the coaches are pissed for getting ratted out. I smell a rat, I mean a Gopher.

Over on USHO someone was wondering how Stoa ended up with a black eye and a cut lip after jumping on Hextall. They were saying it was strange the guy on the bottom could beat up the guy on top. Is this just BS or what? I've not seen anything about it mentioned here.

Over on USHO someone was wondering how Stoa ended up with a black eye and a cut lip after jumping on Hextall. They were saying it was strange the guy on the bottom could beat up the guy on top. Is this just BS or what? I've not seen anything about it mentioned here.

maybe when big joe came flying in he hurt stoa as he hit him right on the shoulder and moved him off hextall. just an idea to what happened

Stoa actions on the ice - Stupid but somewhat justified to get his team fired up

Stoa's comments after the game - Unbelievable...never heard a player admit this kind of stuff before...The only thing missing was Coach Hill putting up $100 of his own money for the first guy to really cream one of those UND "punks"... (Slapshot reference for you youngsters :angry:)

U of M - Pride on Ice baby!!

Stoa actions on the ice - Stupid but someone justified to get his team fired up

Stoa's comments after the game - Unbelievable...never heard a player admit this kind of stuff before...The only thing missing was Coach Hill putting up $100 of his own money for the first guy to really cream one of those UND "punks"... (Slapshot reference for you youngsters :angry:)

U of M - Pride on Ice baby!!

You can't put a bounty on a man's head

There's more to the story, which I'm not going to post here, but Finley had every right to pull him out with what Wheeler said. Any one of you with half a brain would have done the same thing if you were in Finley's skates either. But, those that don't know stories always have the loudest reactions.

Good God! Did he say something about his mother's wearing combat boots?