SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

4 hours ago, burd said:

Rob Mihulka gave me a double shiner with a clean open-ice hit in HS.  I thought I'd run into the zamboni.  As good a "heads up" lesson as you can get, and I'm sure I was low hanging fruit to him.   RIP RM

I remember watching his son Marc play for Red River years back and just being amazed by his strength, only to be told a number of times "you should've seen his dad."  

On 6/15/2023 at 12:49 PM, Wilbur said:

RIP to former player Rob Mihulka who passed away four days ago after a battle with cancer. :sad:

Never forget when I was a peewee and we were in Grafton for a game. The Spoilers were practicing before us and we were all in awe with his slap shot. Actually kind of scared us. RIP Rob 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I wonder if he'll pull the goalie with 5:00 minutes left in the third period down by 2? :p

As long as he doesn't allow Kolanos to get around him in OT. :glare: 
Yeah, I was there; still bitter. FBC. 

Was Aaron the last guy to wear "23"? 
EDIT: After a quick search, I'm going to have to say, "Yes." 

• Like 1

Saw Ethan Frisch over the weekend. The Barracuda must have Ethan on some strength program. I think he's bigger since the season ended. 

Wondering if he's working camps in Moorhead and can get us a line on a couple Spuds. :D 

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Saw Ethan Frisch over the weekend. The Barracuda must have Ethan on some strength program. I think he's bigger since the season ended. 

Wondering if he's working camps in Moorhead and can get us a line on a couple Spuds. :D 

https://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/show/1395571-boys-hp-15-national-camp

A couple young Moorhead boys on the list. Ethan had a camp in Moorhead last summer, but not this summer.

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

" ... The Eagle has landed." 

neil carlson has already booked a flight to hang out in the lobby of whatever hotel eddie is staying in that night in dallas...those views will get neil at least 3 months worth of marlboro 100's.

Yes. I've seen the latest reporting that mentions Jonathan Toews.

The fact that the firm representing him did not include him on its list of pending free agents ahead of the opening of the signing period on July 1. And the subsequent suggestions that the omission automatically means Toews is either done for 2023-24 or forever.

I just don't buy it.

Maybe it's the Edmonton Oilers fan in me. Maybe it's because I'm still stinging from a second straight playoff ouster by the eventual Stanley Cup champion. Maybe it's because I just played three sets of tennis in 105-degree southwest Florida heat.

Regardless of the reason, I don't think it's a done deal.

That Oilers fan in me prefers to believe that Toews wasn't included on the list because he's indicated to his representatives that if he is to return next season—which I acknowledge and concede is still a big if—it'll be in Edmonton and Edmonton only.

Why? It's simple.

Love them or hate them, there's no way to legitimately deny that the Oilers will again be among the favorites to emerge from the Western Conference next spring. They've arguably been the second-best playoff team for each of the last two seasons, which means if Toews is interested only in a team that can bring him a fourth title, Edmonton's as good as any.

Ex-Cup-winning teammate Duncan Keith wrapped up his own career with the Oilers and thought so much of the experience that he stayed with the organization in an advisor role.

Among his charges for the summer has been to keep tabs on, and perhaps kibbutz with, Toews from time to time. My guess is that those conversations haven't come to a definitive end just yet. But when they do, the fruit they'll bear is No. 19 in orange and blue.

- Lyle Fitzsimmons

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10082362-br-nhl-roundtable-4-bold-predictions-for-the-rest-of-the-offseason

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I had Toews going to COL until they got Ross Colton and J Drouin and R Johansen, three guys who can play the middle. 

When EDM sent away Yamamoto it was a signal to me that Toews would land there. 

Toews have any tread left on the tires?  I know he had the mystery illness; did that ever get figured out?