SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

No a 15-0 DII team that won a National Championship may be a better game than a 1-11 FCS team IMHO.

I know the game out there was exciting but I think that had more to do with our second half performance than an indication of what future games will be like.

Agreed! Hopefully they'll be able to bring in good quality competition!

do we know who the D2 is? Heck a UND vs UMD game would be better than the Idaho State game.

Regardless of how well UMD did this year, I'd much rather see Idaho State come to town than UMD. UND's goal should be to get as many DI opponents to come to Grand Forks as possible. Having said that, obviously UND is going to have to rely on DII teams to fill out its home schedule the next couple years. UMD would be a fine choice for one of those DII games. The problem though is that the NSIC is so big now that I think they only get one non-conference game per year.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look, alot of the Great West teams have similar open dates. Both UND and USD have Nov. 21 listed as open even though this is likely the weekend that they will be playing each other. I am sure they are trying to be flexible with the GW schedule to allow the teams to get the best OOC games as possible and therefor have GW weekends listed just to see what could possibly be worked out.

Also, UND has Sept. 5 listed as open which is what I thought was going to be the Texas Tech game. Could the TT game possibly be on Aug. 29?

I noticed that UND and Northern Colorado have common open dates on Sept. 5 and Nov. 21. I wouldn't mind to start a home-home with UNC.

Would NDSU ever consider coming to Grand Forks for a one game no guarantee contract? I'm sure UND isn't interesting to going to Fargo for a one game contract. I suppose NDSU wouldn't since that would be a sure loss for them.

NO way would they ever consider coming up to GF. Of course, the reasons they would use would be different from the actual reason of: THEY ARE SCARED!

Argus Leader: UND to play USF twice

With the difficulty in getting home games, this was perhaps the best choice of an inevitable NAIA school.

The University of Sioux Falls and the University of North Dakota have reached an agreement to compete in football during the 2009 and 2011 seasons.

The Cougars and the Fighting Sioux will meet for the first time this fall, when Sioux Falls travels to Grand Forks, N.D. to face UND at the Alerus Center on Oct. 15.

Ughhh!! :D

Scheduling must be going pretty poorly if we are signing multiple-year agreements with an NAIA school. I know USF is a high quality program, probably better than at least half of the NSIC, but this isn't real exciting to me. I would also think this means there is a good chance that their will be more than one sub-DI game in the Alerus this season. And I sure hope we are not ending up with yet another 10 game schedule.

Ughhh!! :D

Scheduling must be going pretty poorly if we are signing multiple-year agreements with an NAIA school. I know USF is a high quality program, probably better than at least half of the NSIC, but this isn't real exciting to me. I would also think this means there is a good chance that their will be more than one sub-DI game in the Alerus this season. And I sure hope we are not ending up with yet another 10 game schedule.

My guess--and it's strictly a guess--is that we will see a dII opponent for the fifth home game, and will also find one more dI road game to fill out an 11-game schedule. I'm too lazy to go back through this thread, but if memory serves me we now have Sioux Falls, Idaho State, Cal Poly and USD at home; and Texas Tech, Northwestern State, Stephen F. Austin, UC Davis and Southern Utah on the road.

I agree i am not happy with usf on the schedule but if i remember right sdsu played wisconsin lacross a couple years back and there program is well on its way to the top of Div 1AA and i think und will do the same. I'm not sure if lacross is NAIA but they are not real good. Ps sdsu lost.