SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

I agree, Goof needs to grow up.

Are all you going to do is post insults and petty remarks towards Goon?

If so, then I have a question for GDM, JimDahl, and Administrator: Why is Dean still able to post?

I mean, we get it, Dean. You don't like Goon. Time to let it go. It's been a long time since you have posted anything of substance on this board (substance, in this case, anything that isn't meant as a dig on Goon).

Just curious that's all.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear dean,

you are obviously a slow learner since this is not the first time you have gotten these responses for your personal attacks on goon. do us all a favor and stop posting here. you have nothing to contribute to the forum other than personal attacks on your man crush, which the moderators and jim are trying to eliminate.

GO SIOUX!!!

The Sioux fans ripping Greico for leaving school in the middle of the season are the same ones chuckling at Jeff Frazee sticking it out until the end of the season, then leaving. The ones saying that some Sioux players are "just acting their age" are the same ones telling Frazee to "grow up."

I'm sure Frazee isn't the only player who went into a program with high expectations that weren't fulfilled for one reason or another.

Listen, I am not a fan of the guy at all and the 180 foot goal by Bina is still in my youtube.com favorites. But when your unpaid goalie coach throws you under the bus to a local newspaper and your reaction is to accept your benching and not totally blow a head gasket (would I have done the same?), I have to give the guy some credit.

Now, let's just hope Kangas was a half-season wonder and he flops next year. :D

Listen, I am not a fan of the guy at all and the 180 foot goal by Bina is still in my youtube.com favorites. But when your unpaid goalie coach throws you under the bus to a local newspaper and your reaction is to accept your benching and not totally blow a head gasket (would I have done the same?), I have to give the guy some credit.

I agree that was classless by the assistant coach... Jeff handled it with class...

I think most of the posts made about Frazee at GPL since the announcement he's leaving have been quite congratulatory. :D

Now your team has to find another goalie. I personally didn't he was playing all that bad when he was benched.

Just wasn't any room for error when your team isn't scoring goals.

The Sioux fans ripping Greico for leaving school in the middle of the season are the same ones chuckling at Jeff Frazee sticking it out until the end of the season, then leaving. The ones saying that some Sioux players are "just acting their age" are the same ones telling Frazee to "grow up."

I'm sure Frazee isn't the only player who went into a program with high expectations that weren't fulfilled for one reason or another.

Now, let's just hope Kangas was a half-season wonder and he flops next year. :D

Great post.

I agree 100%

So when do the watch threads begin, I say wait a day

I think we need one for the following

Oshie

Finley (Really wasn't showing he was contract ready in the last few weeks)

Chorney (I think if surgery is in store then he is as good as gone)

Duncan

And possibly a under the radar Kozek

Chris Butler is gone for DU. that was obvious. it will be interesting if they can hold on to Rhak, Rueg, and Bozak for next year.

I think Rueg will return. I'm interested to see what Bozak does personally. He's an overager... IIRC he was 21 coming into the season (or turned 21 during the season). If the gettin' is good, he might jump ala Maine's Ted Purcell (who, interestingly enough, just won AHL's Rookie of the Year award).

So when do the watch threads begin, I say wait a day

I think we need one for the following

Oshie

Finley (Really wasn't showing he was contract ready in the last few weeks)

Chorney (I think if surgery is in store then he is as good as gone)

Duncan

And possibly a under the radar Kozek

all 5 you mention will be gone

They're all gone.

Kozek is a number 2 pick, and Atlanta is going to want to see if they can turn that NHL shot into 25-30 goals in the AHL this year. If he does, he will get a legitimate shot at the Thrashers camp for 2009.

Duncs will get a decent offer as well, and he will also get his shot in the AHL, with probably similar criteria to getting a legit shot at an NHL roster for 2009.

I heard that there were quite a few players frustrated with Hak this year too. If that rumor is true, then those guys will for sure take off. It also wouldn't surprise me if those guys are some of the teams most likely to play at the next level guys.

I would say Oshie is the only one who is 100% gone.

If not for the MCL injury I would also expect Chorney to be gone. With the injury there may be a slight chance he is back if Edmonton wants to wait and see how the rehab goes. 90% that he goes.

Duncan is hard to say. If he can get a high offer I would say he is gone.

Finley is probably 50/50 based on what I have heard.

Kozek is another tough one. He has an NHL shot but needs more development before he is ready. I am guessing it may depend on how the rookie/prospect camp goes this year. If he gets a decent offer I think he is gone. We may not know about him until July/August. 50% chance.

Outside of these I don't expect anyone else to leave for the NHL/AHL early. The bigger risk for someone else leaving is for Major Juniors. Not expecting it, but nothing would surprise me.

They're all gone.

Kozek is a number 2 pick, and Atlanta is going to want to see if they can turn that NHL shot into 25-30 goals in the AHL this year. If he does, he will get a legitimate shot at the Thrashers camp for 2009.

Duncs will get a decent offer as well, and he will also get his shot in the AHL, with probably similar criteria to getting a legit shot at an NHL roster for 2009.

I heard that there were quite a few players frustrated with Hak this year too. If that rumor is true, then those guys will for sure take off. It also wouldn't surprise me if those guys are some of the teams most likely to play at the next level guys.

i dont think one good year makes your whole career, i am willing to bet that kozek stays around next year! but we can all sit here and say who will be gone and who wont be but we will never know until that day comes.

I would say Oshie is the only one who is 100% gone.

If not for the MCL injury I would also expect Chorney to be gone. With the injury there may be a slight chance he is back if Edmonton wants to wait and see how the rehab goes. 90% that he goes.

Finley is probably 50/50 based on what I have heard.

Kozek is another tough one. He has an NHL shot but needs more development before he is ready. I am guessing it may depend on how the rookie/prospect camp goes this year. If he gets a decent offer I think he is gone. We may not know about him until July/August. 50% chance.

Outside of these I don't expect anyone else to leave for the NHL/AHL early. The bigger risk for someone else leaving is for Major Juniors. Not expecting it, but nothing would surprise me.

i would say oshie, chorney, and finley are 100%. kozek is increasing the more i think about it. over 50% for sure, but very likely that ATL will want to get him in the mix. duncan is the only one i can see staying more than leaving.

This is the new NHL. He can't get a high offer.

I'm guessing if offered a signing bonus and an AHL roster spot he'd take off, but who knows. Playing another season for the Sioux wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

It's also no surprise.

It will be interesting if he produces at the next level or if he is just another Junior Lessard/Peter Sejna.

Junior Lessard got some time this season with Tampa Bay. I enjoyed watching him his senior year at UMD. It's almost hard to believe the guy is pushing 30. Career NHL totals: 27 games, 3 goals, 1 assist.

Peter Sejna is now in Zurich, Switzerland. Career NHL totals: 49 games, 7 goals, 4 assists.

I think Buffalo should pull out all the stops on this Gerbe kid. I heard he's pretty good.