SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned a couple of weeks back, Montreal were going to sign one of their young college D-men this summer based on the results of their prospects camp. Today Michigan learned that they are the victim:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243605&amp...s=headlines_nhl

So what am I missing? You said they were going to sign one of their young defenseman and the article says he is a forward? :lol:

So what am I missing? You said they were going to sign one of their young defenseman and the article says he is a forward? :lol:

No you didn't miss anything that is why I used the word were instead of will in my post. The Montreal press had been predicting a D man would likely be signed but the Habs were totally impressed with the progress of the young forward instead.

No you didn't miss anything that is why I used the word were instead of will in my post. The Montreal press had been predicting a D man would likely be signed but the Habs were totally impressed with the progress of the young forward instead.

Yeah...I was just teasin' ya anyways. :lol:

One and done...ha ha that is hilarious. I wonder what ole grandpa Red thinks about that!! I wish Michiagn hockey nothing but the worst. After the Rodents and BC Michigan is a close number 3 in terms of teams I cannot stand.

One and done...ha ha that is hilarious. I wonder what ole grandpa Red thinks about that!! I wish Michiagn hockey nothing but the worst. After the Rodents and BC Michigan is a close number 3 in terms of teams I cannot stand.

If this doesn't drive Red into retirement nothing will. :lol: As for the two WCHA D-men at Montreal's camp, the Habs were disappointed with their development which is why they also traded Locke to Minnesota for D-man Belle to address their D shortage. They still believe that McDonagh (sp?) will turn into a good puck moving D-man but they wonder if they wasted a draft pick on Fisher.

If this doesn't drive Red into retirement nothing will. :lol: As for the two WCHA D-men at Montreal's camp, the Habs were disappointed with their development which is why they also traded Locke to Minnesota for D-man Belle to address their D shortage. They still believe that McDonagh (sp?) will turn into a good puck moving D-man but they wonder if they wasted a draft pick on Fisher.

You think Montreal is disappointed in the development of Ryan McDonagh so far? I would disagree with you there. As for Fischer, well it didn't take a genius to figure out that he was rated way too highly coming out of Apple Valley.