SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be willing to bet that Kozek is back next season.

You may end up being right, but it's definitely not for certain. If I had to guess, it's 50/50 at best. That's from an "inside source" and is no joke.

Do I want him to come back? Yes

Do I think he's ready for the NHL/AHL? Maybe

Is there a lot he could work on? Yes

Do I think he will stay? My guess is not.

You may end up being right, but it's definitely not for certain. If I had to guess, it's 50/50 at best. That's from an "inside source" and is no joke.

Do I want him to come back? Yes

Do I think he's ready for the NHL/AHL? Maybe

Is there a lot he could work on? Yes

Do I think he will stay? My guess is not.

That is why they call it gambling! :lol: It kind of like in golf when you bet your buddy on the tee box the he will tug it out of bounds.

There is a 50/50 chance that I hit the ball and then go F_____. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

That is why they call it gambling! :lol: It kind of like in golf when you bet your buddy on the tee box the he will tug it out of bounds.

There is a 50/50 chance that I hit the ball and then go F_____. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

You'd be correct...but the 50/50 was an at best thing. I'd say 70/30 he's gone. I sure hope you are right though. I don't want the team to leave him any unfinished business after this year though, it better be to go back-to-back.

Kozek might be a good Captain choice for next year if Duncs leaves. At worst an A, IMO.

You'd be correct...but the 50/50 was an at best thing. I'd say 70/30 he's gone. I sure hope you are right though. I don't want the team to leave him any unfinished business after this year though, it better be to go back-to-back.

Kozek might be a good Captain choice for next year if Duncs leaves. At worst an A, IMO.

I'd change that to 70/30, he stays.

I wouldn't say Finley is definitely signing after this season either....That's straight from a horse's mouth.

Cool...I think the horse I talked to is on the same team as your horse...but definitely not the same horse. By the way, I'm pretty sure I met you in Madison, but I didn't know it was you until later on.

who's staying and who's leaving will all be determined at later dates, let's just stay focused on the most important thing right now-beating BC on Thursday.

thats what the other 40 threads are for :lol: this thread is about early departures ;):lol:

If Kozek has an inkling of what he plans to do at the end of the season, I certainly have a ton of respect for him for putting that aside and concentrating on taking care of business on the ice. If he chooses to leave and has laid everything on the line in an effort to help lead us to the National Championship, I can wish him well and say thanks for your dedication to the program, and go get'em at the next level. At the end of the season he needs to do what's best for him, and right now he is doing what is best for the team, and that in a nutshell is Sioux hockey.

If Kozek has an inkling of what he plans to do at the end of the season, I certainly have a ton of respect for him for putting that aside and concentrating on taking care of business on the ice. If he chooses to leave and has laid everything on the line in an effort to help lead us to the National Championship, I can wish him well and say thanks for your dedication to the program, and go get'em at the next level. At the end of the season he needs to do what's best for him, and right now he is doing what is best for the team, and that in a nutshell is Sioux hockey.

This is all fan speculation... Who knows if Kozie will be back but hey there are bigger fish to fry like they say. If we win the national title we can start next season with the Red River Varsity team for all I care!!!

I was watching the coyotes game last night and Turris played amazing, I haven't seen this side of him in the WCHA, he played very well both ways and worked hard to get to loose pucks, the announcers we're all excited about him. I am not a Wisconsin fan but I am glad to see another WCHA player be successful.

I was watching the coyotes game last night and Turris played amazing, I haven't seen this side of him in the WCHA, he played very well both ways and worked hard to get to loose pucks, the announcers we're all excited about him. I am not a Wisconsin fan but I am glad to see another WCHA player be successful.

That is what happens when you get more room to roam. The League office should be paying attention.

That would be good news, I would love to see a Finley - Bickle match up. ;)

As I said looong ago, I don't think Chorney or Kozek are leaving early. I'm on the fence about Dunc though. Great to have him for four but he's gotta do what's best for him. Would love to see Joe another year as well but I bet the Caps can't wait to get their gloves on him. I don't know if I'd believe Joe if he said he was staying another year. That guy is a big time jokester!! :lol:

As for TJ, didn't I just hear he's staying. He's gonna graduate then go to grad school at the U. He'll still be able to play Sioux hockey...... in the intramurals. :lol: