SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

wasnt able to find out what time te turris interview will be on but im guessing it will be archived on their site later tonight, if i find it i will post it

they used a few questions i gave them to ask. regarding college route vs major juniors and about the frozen 4 and about the BCHL and i had to mention toews as well 2 times :ohmy: ..sweet!! the guys doing the interview are great guys and are easily the best out here!

http://ktar.net/blogs/gash/

scroll down to turris interview

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see who the Sioux all do lose and how that is affected by what happens this weekend.

Please don't go Wheeler :ohmy:

wheeler will be gone, oshie, chorney and finley are gone. duncan probably as well and throw in 1 more semi-suprise maybe

who cars about the sioux right now, they still have business to take care of!!

Not early departures, but WCHA senior players sign pro contracts:

LOS ANGELES KINGS-Signed D Davis Drewiske to a multiyear contract

NEW YORK ISLANDERS- Signed D Jack Hillen to a two-year contract.

Also EDMONTON OILERS-Signed C Bryan Lerg to a two-year contract.

already have mentioned hillen and lerg, nice catch on the drewiske and all are undrafted free agents so good luck in the AHL and maybe someday they will see some ice in the NHL!!

I agree, but I think people are making too big of a deal with the signing deadline.

If Wheeler were to go all four years at UMN, he wouldn't automatically become a free agent. The Coyotes would have until August following his graduation to sign him. There is ZERO doubt in my mind that they'd be able to do just that.

If PHX doesn't sign him this off-season, there is no incentive for Wheeler to sign with them after his senior year - he just has to wait untill August and he can have his pick of teams. Other teams would be intetested no doubt, driving up his price.

He is no TJ Oshie, but he isn't a AJ Thelen/bust either.

If PHX doesn't sign him this off-season, there is no incentive for Wheeler to sign with them after his senior year - he just has to wait untill August and he can have his pick of teams. Other teams would be intetested no doubt, driving up his price.

He is no TJ Oshie, but he isn't a AJ Thelen/bust either.

Wheeler would have huge incentive to sign with Phoenix no matter what. They are the only team that can pay him old CBA money. We are talking the difference between Turris (and everyone now) bonus money $85K and vs. old CBA money $500K+.

The only way he doesn't sign with Pheonix is if they have given up on him and refuse to pay. Most seem to think he can be an NHL top six forward and that Pheonix will pony up.

wheeler will be gone, oshie, chorney and finley are gone. duncan probably as well and throw in 1 more semi-suprise maybe

who cars about the sioux right now, they still have business to take care of!!

I'm hoping that for once we don't lose any "surprises" this year.

That'll go along well with bartending maybe :ohmy:

He'd be one that wouldn't really surprise me if he left, there's nothing for him to stay for, he's not going to play.

i think he should have left after last year. i think he needs a change of environment to get his head back in the game.

i think he should have left after last year. i think he needs a change of environment to get his head back in the game.

If he wants to continue playing hockey thats his only option. Unlike the guys leaving early from the Sioux by choice because they will contribute immediately in the NHL, Frazee needs a change of environment.

If he wants to continue playing hockey thats his only option. Unlike the guys leaving early from the Sioux by choice because they will contribute immediately in the NHL, Frazee needs a change of environment.

not being a smarta$$ here, just really wondering, where would he go? would he even make an ahl team at this point? i know he is talented, but he sure fell a long ways off the barstool.

not being a smarta$$ here, just really wondering, where would he go? would he even make an ahl team at this point? i know he is talented, but he sure fell a long ways off the barstool.

echl affiliate witht the devils im guessing...........he has to be too old to go to major juniors right?

I think he would start in the AHL. He's definitely talented enough, just not mentally there

Honestly?

AZSioux's idea of the ECHL affiliate would be awfully nice, but my bet is one of two places:

1. CHL or UHL (now called the IHL). These are considered NHL minor leagues, though very much in the loose sense. It's not often that a CHL or IHLer makes the NHL, but the NHL has sent players there in the past for various reasons.

2. Overseas: Frazee, if no CHL or IHL team calls, might want to investigate a league like the Finnish Elite or Swedish Elite League.

Best guesses, but seriously, for a 3rd round pick who had nothing but stellar junior and international performances leading into college, he's certainly taken quite a nose-dive. Well, at least, for a former big shot USA U18 goaltender, he hasn't has the type of plummet Dominic Vicari had. That guy went from U20 backup to complete anonymity.

Honestly?

AZSioux's idea of the ECHL affiliate would be awfully nice, but my bet is one of two places:

1. CHL or UHL (now called the IHL). These are considered NHL minor leagues, though very much in the loose sense. It's not often that a CHL or IHLer makes the NHL, but the NHL has sent players there in the past for various reasons.

2. Overseas: Frazee, if no CHL or IHL team calls, might want to investigate a league like the Finnish Elite or Swedish Elite League.

Best guesses, but seriously, for a 3rd round pick who had nothing but stellar junior and international performances leading into college, he's certainly taken quite a nose-dive. Well, at least, for a former big shot USA U18 goaltender, he hasn't has the type of plummet Dominic Vicari had. That guy went from U20 backup to complete anonymity.

I think actually he was near the top of the 2nd round wasn't he?