SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And look where that got him...a ride on the pine;)

Do you think he's physically unable to perform, or is it a mental thing. I was never really ever impressed with him.

It's clearly not a physical thing if you ask me, if it is, he's the streakiest goalie either. He wasn't drafted at the beginning of the 2nd round for no reason, that's awful high for a goalie. Looking at his performances in the World Juniors and the international scene you can tell he has the talent. All his off the ice issues may have got to his head, he just never performed here at the U. When he was on, he was arguably the best goalie in the conference but the times he was on his game were very limited. I think the Devils would agree that its a lot mental and that he needed a change of environment, something to hopefully get him going in the right direction. A 2nd round pick is a large investment and I think they will give him his share of chances to succeed. To sum it up, I think Frazee = :D

Really? My sarcasm meter is broken..you think Finley has the ability to be an NHL All-Star?

I will take "no way" for $300 Alex.

I will be suprised if he plays 50 games in the NHL.

And that would be how many more games than you played in the NHL?

Shouldn't we be hopeful, and routing for the success of a member of the Fighting Sioux family? I am not the biggest Joe Finley fan in the world, but I believe he has some tools that you can't coach (6'7 and 255 being two of them). He will develop and play in the NHL.

Shouldn't we be hopeful, and routing for the success of a member of the Fighting Sioux family? I am not the biggest Joe Finley fan in the world, but I believe he has some tools that you can't coach (6'7 and 255 being two of them). He will develop and play in the NHL.

I love Joe Finley !!! I want him to stay but I'll understand if he goes. The pros know better than we do and I have no doubt that he'll do great in the NHL. Remember Craig Ludwig? He could barely skate when he came to UND. He had a great NHL career. Joe is better than he was initially.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/18807859.html

I have to say as much as we like to pick on him I am impressed that wheeler found a way to graduate from a major U in 3 years. Considering how challenging school is without playing a sport I am impressed. I also like this move from a negotiation standpoint.

I didn't read that he is graduating. Some one posted in the comments that he is 'on track to graduate in three years' but the article said,

.... he has withdrawn from school to pursue a career in professional hockey.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/18807859.html

I have to say as much as we like to pick on him I am impressed that wheeler found a way to graduate from a major U in 3 years. Considering how challenging school is without playing a sport I am impressed. I also like this move from a negotiation standpoint.

oh well - good "scoop" for the dieing star trib - the heart of the university on minny-mystery. (perhaps that is why it is dieing).

That would seem reasonable since we have seen where its been said that big joe will play out his elgibility.

Time will tell soon.

I haven't seen anything that said that....I was just giving the 2 cents...well, plus some girl told me at Gilly's :D