SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

I know there has been a few early departures already but will start this out with kyle turris signing with the coyotes after his freshman season.

turris story

as a yotes fan im excited to see him in phx!

also we know teslak from michigan tech signed with the flyers a week back or so

teslak article

kalinski from msu to flyers

kalinski article

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they want him to play the last few games with the yotes as they are out of the playoff race now

yeah, i figured he wouldn't stick around, but wow! did gretzky have the contract in the dorm room for him after the game?? at least he didn't okposo the BADgers :lol: turris is a great player, im glad we won't see him in a badger uni next season, but it is fun to watch that type of talent in the wcha. should have picked the green and white kyle, you could play for a national championship before skating in the desert :D

Wow, they certainly signed Turris quickly after leaving Wheeler in Minnesota for three years. I wonder if Blake will sign now too?

they should be signing him so they can get him into their system

yeah, i figured he wouldn't stick around, but wow! did gretzky have the contract in the dorm room for him after the game?? at least he didn't okposo the BADgers :lol: turris is a great player, im glad we won't see him in a badger uni next season, but it is fun to watch that type of talent in the wcha. should have picked the green and white kyle, you could play for a national championship before skating in the desert :D

the yotes has been saying they will be signing him for months now so it was a matter of time. he and peter mueller together in phx will be a very nice combo to watch. nothing wrong with kyle singing right away. it happens if the nhl team still has games left and they want to throw the kid in there. good for kyle!

the yotes has been saying they will be signing him for months now so it was a matter of time. he and peter mueller together in phx will be a very nice combo to watch

i think the yotes have a bright future if their young talent develops like it should. is doan locked up long term? i remember you saying their d-corp is pretty solid, now with mueller and turris to add a little firepower should be fun to watch.

i think the yotes have a bright future if their young talent develops like it should. is doan locked up long term? i remember you saying their d-corp is pretty solid, now with mueller and turris to add a little firepower should be fun to watch.

yeah doan resigned. easliy the nicest guy ive met in sports. they went young this year which was the right move instead of trying to use the bandaid method and not developing the high draft picks. 2-3 years they will be very good

I'm not sure about Wheeler.

On other sites, all eyes are on Philly. THey already signed 5 of their NCAA draftees. All eyes now are on Nodl. Really, Kalinski signing is interesting when Nodl has done a lot more. With offense perhaps a problem in Philly, Nodl would be the better upside than Kalinski.

Far flung rumors that the NHL might go after Lasch as well. I say far flung because it would be ridiculous. Lasch WILL get signed by the NHL, but I can't see it being any different for him than it is for Duncan.

Wow, they certainly signed Turris quickly after leaving Wheeler in Minnesota for three years. I wonder if Blake will sign now too?

You forget, Gretzky loves the development of college hockey for players. That's the reason he's given or at least Gopher fans have given for Wheeler to still be in Gopherville. It certainly couldn't be that Wheeler just isn't good enough to make the jump yet. I wonder what excuse Gopher fans will come up with now that Turris left and Wheeler is still there since the excuse that Gretzky loves college hockey doesn't hold much water anymore. Some people (Gopher fans) are naive but those comments by Gretzky saying he loves the development of college hockey is purely PR in the case of Wheeler.....I mean what else is Gretzky going to publicly say.

And add on top of that the fact that Wheeler looks likely to be the first top five pick in quite a lot of years to be in college all four years. Yup, Wheeler's a stud. :lol::D;)

You forget, Gretzky loves the development of college hockey for players. That's the reason he's given or at least Gopher fans have given for Wheeler to still be in Gopherville. It certainly couldn't be that Wheeler just isn't good enough to make the jump yet. I wonder what excuse Gopher fans will come up with now that Turris left and Wheeler is still there since the excuse that Gretzky loves college hockey doesn't hold much water anymore. Some people (Gopher fans) are naive but those comments by Gretzky saying he loves the development of college hockey is purely PR in the case of Wheeler.....I mean what else is Gretzky going to publicly say.

And add on top of that the fact that Wheeler looks likely to be the first top five pick in quite a lot of years to be in college all four years. Yup, Wheeler's a stud. :lol::D;)

Let's hope from a Sioux perspective that Wheeler signs. We do not need to see him another year in the maroon and gold. In the case of Turris....he obviouly had no loyalty to college hockey....even Parise and Toews stayed two years. Good riddance Turris

Let's hope from a Sioux perspective that Wheeler signs. We do not need to see him another year in the maroon and gold. In the case of Turris....he obviouly had no loyalty to college hockey....even Parise and Toews stayed two years. Good riddance Turris

parise wasnt a top 3 pick and toews came a year early or he would have been a 1 and done case as well.

ive said this many times but its not wheelers fault at all he was drafted that high and yes he hasnt lived up to his pick status. thats the former scout in phx that blew that one. blake will be in the nhl in the next couple years. phx fd that pick up bad but they still have a big time investment in blake so he will get his chance soon. turris will be a big time nhl player for phoenix and used the 1 year in uw instead of the AHL.

I have to disagree with you. As a Sioux fan, I don't get nervous when I see Wheeler with the puck. If he comes back, that's fine. He's a good player but there are a lot of good players in college hockey. It's not like he is dominating and you expect him to score each time he gets the puck. But it's nothing where a Sioux fan should worry if he comes back or not.

I have to disagree with you. As a Sioux fan, I don't get nervous when I see Wheeler with the puck. If he comes back, that's fine. He's a good player but there are a lot of good players in college hockey. It's not like he is dominating and you expect him to score each time he gets the puck. But it's nothing where a Sioux fan should worry if he comes back or not.

Well that is fine but he is the best player on the Goofsss thisss year. Now add Stoa back and some of the good frosh they have coming in and I am sure the Don would be much happier having Wheeler in that line up than not. Wheeler is a good player and although I think he will sign, if he does not that will be a big boost to the Goofs line up next year. the Sioux will be very young next year so yes a Sioux fan should not want Wheeler to come back and be a senior leader for the Goofs.

i spoke to blakes dad when he was up here for the series in grand forks. and from the way it sounded he wont be back for another year..

something along the lines of, "thought id make it up here one last time" or something of that nature.

i spoke to blakes dad when he was up here for the series in grand forks. and from the way it sounded he wont be back for another year..

something along the lines of, "thought id make it up here one last time" or something of that nature.

wheeler should be signing eventually. the coyotes need to get him in their system and see where he is at overall. a #5 pick is a big time investment in the nhl and they need to get him rolling in the system

The biggest difference between the 2 is that Turris wanted to sign, and Wheeler wanted his degree first. He is on schedule to do that by the end of this term. Believe or not, some of this guys actually DO care about getting an education as well.

Turris is going to get a real physical lesson in the NHL if he tries the crap he was doing against the Sioux. He kept crowding the faceoff spot, having his head in T.J. space and head butting him. The AR kept throwing him out for it and the WI fans couldn't figure out what was going on. I doubt he will try that for more than one game in the NHL. He also gave T.J. a couple of good shots to the head that the ref didn't see.