Early Departures

AZSIOUX

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and you play with better players.

john-madden.jpg

And when you play with better players, you become a better player. And when you become a better player, you become a better team. And when you're a better team, well, that's just better than not being a better team.

84:16

I was watching the coyotes game last night and Turris played amazing, I haven't seen this side of him in the WCHA, he played very well both ways and worked hard to get to loose pucks, the announcers we're all excited about him. I am not a Wisconsin fan but I am glad to see another WCHA player be successful.

turris looked very good last night. fun to see him do well and had some nice chances to score a goal playing with meuller and doan. the future is bright in the desert for once!

john-madden.jpg

And when you play with better players, you become a better player. And when you become a better player, you become a better team. And when you're a better team, well, that's just better than not being a better team.

84:16

05-03-02%20064Santo.jpg (Ron Santo)

Speaking of Ah-Wha? type comments, here's one taken hot off the airwaves from today's Cubs game:

Ron Santo is talking on the radio about Brocail (or some other dumb left handed Astros pitcher) when he says, "This guy will be hard on left handed hitters because...he throws from first base!"

UH WHA?:)?

(Seriously, get Santo off the air NOW. And, yes, I'm a Cubs fan!)

Sorry for being off topic.

That would be good news, I would love to see a Finley - Bickle match up. :)

There are some rumors that the 21 year-old freshmen, Stu Bickel is getting interest from the NHL. I don't see it but it's from a reliable source.

There are some rumors that the 21 year-old freshmen, Stu Bickel is getting interest from the NHL. I don't see it but it's from a reliable source.

I would guess he's concerned about getting lost in the new wave of Gopher :) recruits coming in next year(?) . . .

INCH early departure list

interesting to see where players have signed in all different leagues

Two jump out at me:

1. Pavli (from American International) gets signed to an AHL or ECHL deal. Yeah, I know what you are thinking too: "AI has a hockey team?!?!"

2. Brent Solei gets signed by Bakersfield of the ECHL. Dude, did he even play in a game that counted even once for the Gophers? If he didn't, then I really like Walski's chances at getting signed by the NHL. :)

Two jump out at me:

1. Pavli (from American International) gets signed to an AHL or ECHL deal. Yeah, I know what you are thinking too: "AI has a hockey team?!?!"

2. Brent Solei gets signed by Bakersfield of the ECHL. Dude, did he even play in a game that counted even once for the Gophers? If he didn't, then I really like Walski's chances at getting signed by the NHL. :)

yeah, he played a regular season game this year, i don't remember if he started or not, but he really did play!

edit: according to Gopher statistics for this year, he played for 59:23 seconds in one game. Before this year, only in exhibition.

looks to be frazee will be or has signed with new jersey. who knows. a change of scenery and change of everything could do wonders and new jersey has to protect this 2nd round pick and see if they can turn this kid back around. best of luck to him

looks to be frazee will be or has signed with new jersey. who knows. a change of scenery and change of everything could do wonders and new jersey has to protect this 2nd round pick and see if they can turn this kid back around. best of luck to him

Its official. Frazee is gone.

I heard from a fairly reliable source that Chorney is gone after the season. I know this isn't shocking news by any means, but after hearing this, I'm no longer holding out hope that he will be back for his senior season.

As much as I would like to see them stay, Oshie and Chorney are SO ready for the next level that this shouldn't shock anyone.

I heard from a fairly reliable source that Chorney is gone after the season. I know this isn't shocking news by any means, but after hearing this, I'm no longer holding out hope that he will be back for his senior season.

not shocking 1 bit, i think most knew he was gone before the season started along with oshie, finley and duncan

Good luck to Jeff, I felt a bit sorry for the kid and the way things have gone for him at the u of m.

i dont feel sorry for him one bit but do wish him luck. sounds like a lot of it is a jeff problem and thats his job to figure out. in order to be a solid goalie at a very high level your head better be in the right place!