SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

Yup.

Not that I'm a Forsberg fan (he taught Robbie Earl everything he learned on diving), but imagine if Minnesota made the moves Colorado made this year... getting Salei from Florida, Forsberg from Sweden, and Foote from Columbus (I think). Well, we'd still be watching Wild hockey right now, that's for sure... Ok, well, we'd be waiting for their next opponent anyways.

There is no less exciting team in the NHL to watch than the Wild. Hate their style and system. All they added this year was couple more goons so Boogard had friends to play with. That style is so defensive it is offensive. Does that system work? Yes. Is it fun to watch? Not to me, no. Oh, and number two on that list is NJ. Thank God they are both eliminated.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no less exciting team in the NHL to watch than the Wild. Hate their style and system. All they added this year was couple more goons so Boogard had friends to play with. That style is so defensive it is offensive. Does that system work? Yes. Is it fun to watch? Not to me, no. Oh, and number two on that list is NJ. Thank God they are both eliminated.

I don't think your comments are accurate anymore. It certainly used to be but now they don't really have an identity other than being soft. They give up tons of shots and scoring opportunities and they don't block shots to save their lives. This series could have gone either way, but as the series went on Theodore got better and Backstrom got worse.

The sad part is San Jose got Campbell pretty cheap and so did Colorado with Salei, Minnesota's problem is they need to fire the GM and maybe the coach because what they are doing isn't working anymore. Minnesota is full of perimeter players that will not go in the dirty areas to score goals, PMB is a perfect example of that type of player. I am sick of watching a team full of pretty boys that are affraid to get their uniforms creased. The trade dead line pick up of Simon was a joke, why did they pick him up? I have heard the new Owner will spend the money to put a good team on the ice and I hope they do but the Wild with their current team is way toooo soft. You need tough players that score and play physical. The Wild need to get a player like Milan Lucic, that kid is going to be a star...

An owner that wants to spend money? Too bad their GM is dedicated against that principle.

Toronto wants to talk to Doug. KFAN and Lou "Wild Kool Aid" Nanne says he hopes not. I for one say I hope so. And I hope Lou Nanne is forced to choke on many a more of his idiotic opinions.

Rolston has produced. I have no problem with him. But seriously, the Wild made all these "moves" and are still a one dimensional team offensively. Colorado did a great job of making Gaborik look like a figure skater and not a hockey player. Demitra is marginal scoring talent. Rolston is a one trick wonder whose one trick worked a lot. I've NEVER been a fan of Bouchard. If he dove a little more he'd be a less offensively talented Forsberg.

I love the Simon pickup. Put Voros, Boogaard, and Simon on the same line and you have the NHL version of the Hanson brothers. I agree that you need to have grit and toughness. I think Fedoruk and Voros add that. Voros can be a bit cheap at times, but every team has one of those (though the NHL's leading cheap shot artist, Philly's Steve Downie, shouldn't be emulated). Fedoruk adds toughness and grit, will drop the gloves, and will crash the net. In my opinion, that makes Simon and Boogaard expendable. Sure, Boogaard is a world class fighter, but let's just say Lemaire should drop his name to a GM that can be better for Boogaard's style of play: Dana White, the GM of UFC.

They do need a big guy up front. I'd say someone like Dustin Penner or Thornton (neither are available I believe). They need a playmaker like Toews. They need a system that is willing to give up .5 more goals per game just so they can gain .5 more goals per game if necessary. They already have good goaltending.

I think they need 3 big name free agents. If they want to make Rolston one of the three, that's fine. But the other two should be a big time goal scoring forward and the other a big name defensive defenseman. The rest they can go youth movement if they want. THere are very few Wild players other than Gaborik, Koivu, and Backstrom that I think the Wild couldn't live without, even Burns. Gaborik would be the first line rep, Koivu, the second line rep.

Not impressed with any of their defensemen. Burns is the best I think he's pretty weak. He has no identity on the ice.

I don't know if Lemaire need be fired. Not sure there are any better head coaches out there.

I don't find Wild hockey exciting, but sagard is right. It's much better than it used to be.

The wild are an excellent example of a team missing leadership. I am not a fan of the rotating "C". You need my namesake, or a Messier or a Scott Stevens or a Scott Neidermayer or a Rod Brindamour. You also need a playoff seasoned veteran the likes of Claude Lemieux or Bernie Nichols or Kirk Mueller. You need that type of guy. Maybe a Brendan Shannahan or an Owen Nolan these days. Those vets come to mind.

I want a guy who wants to win so badly that he'll carry the whole team, fight anyone, go anywhere on the ice. Iginla is that type of player, so is Getzlaf. I think that Toews will be.

I am not an advocate of the part-time playoff player. It didn't work this year in Anaheim, I think it hurts chemistry too much.

Physicality does not equal fighter. Iginla is physical, Lecavalier is physical, even Ovechkin (although kinds cheap) is physical. These are 3 of the best scorers in hockey, and they will go into corners too.

Physicality does not equal fighter. Iginla is physical, Lecavalier is physical, even Ovechkin (although kinds cheap) is physical. These are 3 of the best scorers in hockey, and they will go into corners too.

Iggy and Lecavalier will fight from time to time, I rmember watching a playoff game where Lecavalier fought Chara and the announcer basically said that crazy.

Iggy and Lecavalier will fight from time to time, I rmember watching a playoff game where Lecavalier fought Chara and the announcer basically said that crazy.

Crazy, sure, but respectable too.

Gaborik has to go hide behind Boogaard.

But then again... I don't see an Iginla or Lecavalier on the Wild, Gaborik included.

The wild are an excellent example of a team missing leadership. I am not a fan of the rotating "C". You need my namesake, or a Messier or a Scott Stevens or a Scott Neidermayer or a Rod Brindamour. You also need a playoff seasoned veteran the likes of Claude Lemieux or Bernie Nichols or Kirk Mueller. You need that type of guy. Maybe a Brendan Shannahan or an Owen Nolan these days. Those vets come to mind.

I want a guy who wants to win so badly that he'll carry the whole team, fight anyone, go anywhere on the ice. Iginla is that type of player, so is Getzlaf. I think that Toews will be.

I am not an advocate of the part-time playoff player. It didn't work this year in Anaheim, I think it hurts chemistry too much.

Exactly! When you have a leader by example like Joe Sakic, and then you have Marian Gaborik as a captain, it's no contest. Sakic is one gritty customer, and Gaborik didn't bring any intangibles on top of not scoring.

Exactly! When you have a leader by example like Joe Sakic, and then you have Marian Gaborik as a captain, it's no contest. Sakic is one gritty customer, and Gaborik didn't bring any intangibles on top of not scoring.

But Lou Nanne says that Sakic and Co. are old and the Wild's youth trumps that...oh...wait....

Crazy, sure, but respectable too.

Gaborik has to go hide behind Boogaard.

But then again... I don't see an Iginla or Lecavalier on the Wild, Gaborik included.

The Wild management locked up a bunch of soft perimeter players to long term deals and have little room under the cap to sign top flight players, I have a list of players I would send down the road tomorrow, Kim Johnson is one of them the guy sucks.

I think these days most people in the upper midwest know about Charley Walters' BS, and I'm not saying this isn't true, but this report came from a note in his column today.

I will want to be at the first Caps/Coyotes game that Wheeler and Finley are dressed in. Like a lion after his prey, or an Eagle after a Coyote.

I will want to be at the first Caps/Coyotes game that Wheeler and Finley are dressed in. Like a lion after his prey, or an Eagle after a Coyote.

Hopefully Finley takes some skating lessons between now and whenever he decides to go pro ... going to be tough sledding in the NHL, where things are called much more tightly, if you hook / slash everyone that blows by you as he does now.