SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Are you suggesting Bickel is better than Finley?

not sure if you are being serious or not, but the previous post would be referring to the verbal fight that Bickel and Finley had in February where Bickel stood behind Lucia for the entire thing so nothing would happen. He signed to "get away from Joe" or so we are suggesting.

Hammy reported on GPL that Bickel from the Gophers will be signing.

Tough loss for them, as he was one of their most consistent dmen last season from what I saw.

Seriously, I don't think it is that big of a loss.

We're hearing that some BU fans are afraid that BU's Colin Wilson may be lured to the pros after the draft. Nothing concrete, just a lot of wondering.

I guess the INCH boys were basicallty saying that in their summer pod cast.

Are you suggesting Bickel is better than Finley?

No, I'm saying Bickel (who is far less ready for the next level than Finley) found a creative way to avoid the end of the conversation that he started with Big Joe.

Avoid ... for now ... that is.

Joe will finish the conversation somewhere, sometime. :)

No, I'm saying Bickel (who is far less ready for the next level than Finley) found a creative way to avoid the end of the conversation that he started with Big Joe.

Joe will finish the conversation somewhere, sometime. :)

I'm thinking as soon as Finley announced he was coming back Burke smiled, and dropped the offer a couple hundred grand. ;)

Joe will finish the conversation somewhere, sometime. ;)

I would imagine the only way Finley is going to see Bickel is if Big Joe plays in the ECHL. :)

This may not be the end of the Gopher or Badger early departures. Montreal has to reload their farm team D-corps ASAP and depending no how Rookie Camp goes the Montreal media is reporting that they could place alot of pressure on McDonagh or Fischer to sign.

I would imagine the only way Finley is going to see Bickel is if Big Joe plays in the ECHL. :)

I think Bickel made a very stupid decision. He isn't EJ. And the last defenseman to bolt after his freshman year for the pros? Why, that would be Jake Taylor to the NY Rangers. He's played, what... ZERO NHL games since bolting? I'm not even certain that he'll get resigned by NYR (if he hasn't already).

Bickel now has to prove that he's ready for the pros far sooner than he would have had to had he even waited one or two more seasons.

Talented, if a tad cheap at times, as he may be, I believe he put himself into a very high stakes position.

This may not be the end of the Gopher or Badger early departures. Montreal has to reload their farm team D-corps ASAP and depending no how Rookie Camp goes the Montreal media is reporting that they could place alot of pressure on McDonagh or Fischer to sign.

I know this is piling onto Minnesota, but I would not be surprised to see Fischer sign. Montreal was RAVING about him after his first prospect camp. As for McDonoagh, I think he'd be a better choice than Fischer just development wise.

Maybe they'll sign both. Maybe they'll sign neither. Who knows.

I think Bickel made a very stupid decision. He isn't EJ. And the last defenseman to bolt after his freshman year for the pros? Why, that would be Jake Taylor to the NY Rangers. He's played, what... ZERO NHL games since bolting? I'm not even certain that he'll get resigned by NYR (if he hasn't already).

Bickel now has to prove that he's ready for the pros far sooner than he would have had to had he even waited one or two more seasons.

Talented, if a tad cheap at times, as he may be, I believe he put himself into a very high stakes position.

:)

He will be 22 soon - he got the max contract for this CBA .

He was not a blue chip recruit - a few years ago he was playing in Owatonna in the NAHL.

I think he made out pretty well.

Maybe Bickel can be a fighter/enforcer; of course that may require something more than throwing f-bombs while hiding behind a teammate/coach.

Maybe Bickel can be a fighter/enforcer; of course that may require something more than throwing f-bombs while hiding behind a teammate/coach.

Being Bickel is in the Duck's organization I think you're going to see him become a tough guy/police man.

If you go to Hockey fights you will see that Bickel isn't afraid to mixi it up.

Being Bickel is in the Duck's organization I think you're going to see him become a tough guy/police man.

If you go to Hockey fights you will see that Bickel isn't afraid to mixi it up.

Quite the fight card; maybe that will be his best route to playing in the NHL.

Bickel appeared cheap at times, but he was one of those guys you love to have on your team. I saw a bit of "Prp" in him when he played the Sioux. This has to hurt UMN-TC, who lose a tough, gritty guy with experience on D.

Prpich didn't go around butt ending people with his stick like Bickel. I would rather have PrPich than a Bickel as well.

Just my HMO.

Bickel appeared cheap at times, but he was one of those guys you love to have on your team. I saw a bit of "Prp" in him when he played the Sioux. This has to hurt UMN-TC, who lose a tough, gritty guy with experience on D.

Prp was NOT cheap. He'd get in your face and tell you exactly what he thought of you, your sister and mother!! And he didn't hide behind a coach or player while he was doing it either!!