SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful there Buck, Stearns County is much closer to the Twin Cities than to North Dakota.

Also just for the record Minnesota and North Dakota mirror each other and your probably including a few of your outstate brother in that comment. In fact that illustration is silly and stupid. ;) No, if you divorce your wife she isn't your 1st cousin.

Yeah, the butt end he put into the back of Miller's head in December falls within the rules. Link to the scrum here.

Not sure if this is the right link or not. Looks like Bickel gets him with his glove. Maybe you could make an argument for a cross check. Certainly a shot to the head. I think Bickel got 2 in the box for roughing, and the ref was right there. (Unless this is a case of the Sioux getting screwed, but I think that was a different rant :sad: )Let me know if you find the other link.

Not sure if this is the right link or not. Looks like Bickel gets him with his glove. Maybe you could make an argument for a cross check. Certainly a shot to the head. I think Bickel got 2 in the box for roughing, and the ref was right there. (Unless this is a case of the Sioux getting screwed, but I think that was a different rant :sad: )Let me know if you find the other link.

Minnesota wound up with a power play due an extra call on Joe Finley for pulling Wheeler out of the scrum. Frankly if you can get by with a cheap shot to the back of the head without putting your team down a man why not do it?

Another case of the WCHA officials rewarding cheap shots.

Don adam is the ref ars are cj berline and brad shepherd

If true, (and I have no reason to doubt it) good to see that Brad Shepherd was able to move up from being an AR in the CHA last weekend. He was part of a crew that totally lost control of the game in Bemidji between BSU and Robert Morris. ;):huh::sad:

And now he gets to do a Sioux/Gopher game. :sad:

If true, (and I have no reason to doubt it) good to see that Brad Shepherd was able to move up from being an AR in the CHA last weekend. He was part of a crew that totally lost control of the game in Bemidji between BSU and Robert Morris. ;):huh::sad:

And now he gets to do a Sioux/Gopher game. :sad:

Great, that is all we need...

"WORST"? what the hell, you must be a UND grad.

If you are going to make fun of someone's spelling, then try to use proper punctuation. Nice try at a burn, though. UMN graduates are not only sophisticated they are also intelligent, or at least convinced that they are.

Looks like Bickel gets him with his glove. Maybe you could make an argument for a cross check. Certainly a shot to the head. I think Bickel got 2 in the box for roughing, and the ref was right there. (Unless this is a case of the Sioux getting screwed, but I think that was a different rant :huh: )Let me know if you find the other link.

...and the butt end of his stick and he was using his stick as a spear to jab at other players. ;)

The Sioux are Not Fooled

If North Dakota leaves the Mariucci at weekend's end with four points, it will be the cherry on top of an utterly disastrous season for the Golden Gophers. Alternatively, if Minnesota beats North Dakota on both Friday and Saturday night, not only will its Pairwise vault exponentially, but, more importantly, so will its pride.

After all, statistical claptrap aside, pride is what matters most between these two teams. Look no further than recent history for proof. Last year, UND used its sweep of Minnesota at the Mariucci as the catalyst for its mind-boggling second-half finish, climaxing with the Fighting Sioux playing in the NCAA Frozen Four for a third year in a row.

I'll take the 4 points and the utterly disastrous season for the Golden Gophers for $1000 Alex. ;)

I grew up in GF, but I've lived in the Twin Cities for over 10 years. It AMAZES me the fairweather fanaticicsm and rube behavior. There should almost be a term coined "minnecentric": believing wholeheartedly that Minnesota is the center of the Universe and all things Minnesota are better than anywhere else. It is absolutism without reason and without substantiation. I like the Twin Cities, that's why I live here, but it certainly isn't a city on par with the likes of Chicago and its definitely not a city of the world ala NYC. Its really quite humorous. GF isn't much different than the majority of Twin Cities suburbs. The superiority complex almost seems like Napolean syndrom...what are Twin Cities people so selfconscious of? Why are they so insecure?

Silly diatribe. Sioux win big tomorrow...disappointed in Sioux passing, surprised by Minny's obstruction...been a long, long time since Minny resorted to Mankato style hockey.

Not sure if this is the right link or not. Looks like Bickel gets him with his glove. Maybe you could make an argument for a cross check. Certainly a shot to the head. I think Bickel got 2 in the box for roughing, and the ref was right there. (Unless this is a case of the Sioux getting screwed, but I think that was a different rant :angry: )Let me know if you find the other link.

Not only did the video show it Doug Woog in the commentary said he got him with the butt-end of the stick.

I am a Woog fan. Frank however really sucks. Anyone else hoping that Eades was going to drop him after the interview? ???

they were fine tonight. enjoyed it actually. just let there pre game people that we extended our winning streak to 8 games vs another crappy wcha team like other other 7 games were played against :angry: woog was the only one not to agree muc with that. props to the wooger

I am a Woog fan. Frank however really sucks. Anyone else hoping that Eades was going to drop him after the interview? ???

Even Gorg admitted that it would be possible for the Gophers have a seven game winning streak if they had the same schedule, but it wouldn't really be likely.

As ND's "key to the game" (the only one I saw) FSN had- North Dakota- BEHAVE...Give me a break! I then turned on THennesey for the audio.

It's true, though. We're leading (I think) the conference in penalty minutes. Sure, the team has a great penalty kill (88%+), but you still don't wanna be shorthanded. "BEHAVE" should be a key to every game.