SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

15 hours ago, homer said:

Thinking ahead they need to work to get security figured out before November or for the future any potential December games.  I know the play on the field needs to improve  but people won't stand in the long lines outside when it is below freezing outside.  

What is with the big security push? Watching the UND-USD game fans had backpacks on. Obviously security isn't tight at the Dakota Dome. My dad took almost 10 minutes in security at the Potato Bowl, until they figured out it was a metal chip in his wallet to prevent people to get his card number. It was like going through an airport. I don't think a 72 year old Veteran who has had 2 strokes is a security risk. He has vowed to never go back to the Alerus. It's a shame.

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

What is with the big security push? Watching the UND-USD game fans had backpacks on. Obviously security isn't tight at the Dakota Dome. My dad took almost 10 minutes in security at the Potato Bowl, until they figured out it was a metal chip in his wallet to prevent people to get his card number. It was like going through an airport. I don't think a 72 year old Veteran who has had 2 strokes is a security risk. He has vowed to never go back to the Alerus. It's a shame.

It's becoming a nationwide thing, not every where has implemented it, but larger venues definitely have. Part to do with new management as they want to be as consistent as they can across the board to draw acts that have more strict security standards. Today's media is all about being targets in public places with recent events, even if still not a common thing, people generally are asking for additional security, but then get upset if it disrupts them. Experience and more training will make the process better, faster and more smooth. 

Dakota Dome typically is only USD events and not alot of concerts or much goes on their, controlled by USD they get to choose the process. UND can set stricter standards than what the Alerus has set but I am sure that the Alerus will loosen their policy.

8 hours ago, Wildfan said:

It's becoming a nationwide thing, not every where has implemented it, but larger venues definitely have. Part to do with new management as they want to be as consistent as they can across the board to draw acts that have more strict security standards. Today's media is all about being targets in public places with recent events, even if still not a common thing, people generally are asking for additional security, but then get upset if it disrupts them. Experience and more training will make the process better, faster and more smooth. 

Dakota Dome typically is only USD events and not alot of concerts or much goes on their, controlled by USD they get to choose the process. UND can set stricter standards than what the Alerus has set but I am sure that the Alerus will loosen their policy.

My son had a bag of cough drops and one guard said for him to throw it (since it was an outside food), another guard asked, " are those cough drops" he said "yeah" he was allowed to keep them. They need more training (or common sense).

18 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

My son had a bag of cough drops and one guard said for him to throw it (since it was an outside food), another guard asked, " are those cough drops" he said "yeah" he was allowed to keep them. They need more training (or common sense).

So the Alerus staff got training from the staff at the Target Center? Terrific........

• Upvote 2

Man, UND football really hurt themselves and the attendance situation with the Montana State loss. All that work by Bubba ends in a sold out crowd ... only to witness a blowout ...

Need to get back to work to correct. Stings though as the work done by Bubba AND the Alerus Center had initially worked ...

48 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Man, UND football really hurt themselves and the attendance situation with the Montana State loss. All that work by Bubba ends in a sold out crowd ... only to witness a blowout ...

Need to get back to work to correct. Stings though as the work done by Bubba AND the Alerus Center had initially worked ...

Yes, it be interesting to see how attendance is at next home game, a win against UC Davis is much needed.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Yes, it be interesting to see how attendance is at next home game, a win against UC Davis is much needed.

They need to crush UC Davis and send a message that this team is back on track. They struggle to win or even lose against them and people are going to have 2013 flashbacks. 

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

Agree.  I don't think we will be crushing anyone this year.  I just hope to see positive momentum, some good clean football, and hopefully enough wins to get us above .500.

I don't think we are close to getting any of the injured back on the field.  I think if Bubba and company can find a way to win 6 games we should all be very happy and look forward to next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I don't think we are close to getting any of the injured back on the field.  I think if Bubba and company can find a way to win 6 games we should all be very happy and look forward to next year.

Agreed, that's where I am at right now. We need to get this one out in Davis on Saturday!

On 10/4/2017 at 6:24 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

If students fill their 3 section allotment, we are just under 10,000 tickets sold.

Homecoming, hoping for a good walk on crowd.

account to Nodak Nation all FREE student tickets are gone. They are selling any additional at $5 

• Upvote 1

UND was on the verge of making home football games an event not to be missed.  Hopefully it still gets to that point, but we need a few wins yet this season and then a playoff season next year.  This years Potato Bowl had the feeling of an event and even the Mont State game had some of that feeling too.  What a shame.