SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Just bounce, nothing in Grand Forks should be open after 2pm on Friday.  My workplace is literally looking into upgrading our cable package so they can watch the game. I'll be in Fargo :D

Thats awesome! I usually just watch the early streams on my other monitor. Dont get as much done but makes friday go by fast!

1 hour ago, chicofelipe said:

This is the NCAA. Perception trumps reality. In Cincy last year all the beer ads had black tarps over them.

The NCAA is starting to allow alcohol at some championship events. I saw fans holding beer at the FCS championship football game this year on the ESPN broadcast. I also saw it at some of the FBS bowl games. I'm not sure how they are determining which championships or venues can serve it however. 

I also don't understand why it is okay to sell beer literally outside the front door in Tampa but it is not okay inside. But if you try to apply logic in relation to the NCAA's line of thinking you are better off finding a wall to bang your head against. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, TNF said:

Really!? 16 years too late. It would have made sitting through a 25-22 Miami vs. Tennessee game bearable (yes, baseball). 

1 hour ago, ericpnelson said:

is the NCAA streaming this game? I haven't decided if I'm gonna be bold enough to just bounce from work without telling anyone at 2 PM, so I might just pretend to do stuff for the first period while watching the stream.

I am definitely going to be out on "sales calls" all afternoon Friday. I might stop back in around 4 but who knows.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Just got tix through Duluth, although I was on their waiting list, so that helped.  Don't give up yet, let's fill the Bulldog section with Green!  218-726-8595.

So did I , they called me back off the waiting list.  She said they were able to get their hands on more tickets.  Just waiting for it to show on my banking statement. 

3 hours ago, cberkas said:

No point talking about playing Duluth when UND has to play BU first.

Just because there's talk that indicates overlooking the first opponent is done on a website doesn't mean the team is doing it.

I hope the Sioux can beat Denver in the Championship game;)

I see many beat me to this..:lol:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ericpnelson said:

is the NCAA streaming this game? I haven't decided if I'm gonna be bold enough to just bounce from work without telling anyone at 2 PM, so I might just pretend to do stuff for the first period while watching the stream.

I posted this in another thread...

SlingTV has a free 7-day trial:   https://www.sling.com/

You can watch on any internet-enabled device, including downloading their app using that as well.

Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation.  I usually get the free trial every year to watch this weekend on ESPNU.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

ok, stupid question, has anyone had charge for the tickets that they received from Duluth hit their credit card yet?  If so, how long did it take?

Yes I did I was selected on Monday and was charged yesterday so 2 days?

34 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

ok, stupid question, has anyone had charge for the tickets that they received from Duluth hit their credit card yet?  If so, how long did it take?

I gave them my credit card info yesterday.  Haven't seen anything yet, but I called just before I saw your post and they told me it went through.  Gave me the last for numbers on the card as well.  Hope they don't still have the whole thing.

FYI, I also called Scheels Arena, and they said that Duluth will be bringing their own ticket people and they will have a separate table with the tickets.  Scheels told me, today, that the Duluth ticket booth would be open around 9:00 AM on Friday, and Duluth told me, yesterday, that the booth wouldn't be open until 1:00.  Does anyone know the correct info?

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I gave them my credit card info yesterday.  Haven't seen anything yet, but I called just before I saw your post and they told me it went through.  Gave me the last for numbers on the card as well.  Hope they don't still have the whole thing.

FYI, I also called Scheels Arena, and they said that Duluth will be bringing their own ticket people and they will have a separate table with the tickets.  Scheels told me, today, that the Duluth ticket booth would be open around 9:00 AM on Friday, and Duluth told me, yesterday, that the booth wouldn't be open until 1:00.  Does anyone know the correct info?

The UMD ticket office told me 1pm . I wonder what they will say when I show up with my Sioux jersey on :)

54 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

This one also baffles me....I can drink a vodka tonic at a Sioux football game in my seat, but I can't leave the bar at a Sioux hockey game with a mixed drink!???

You can drink an adult rum snow cone (aka a daiquiri) in your seat however just not a rum and cola. But we digress. 

1 hour ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

Anyone have tickets in 106? I just received mine and that's where I'll be. Do we shoot twice on this side?

good idea...see where all the SIOUX sports fanatics are located...we're in 110 with friends in 111 ...