SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

SWSiouxMN

12 minutes ago, teamsioux said:

UND losing those first two close games in Dayton over Thanksgiving hurt computer rankings also. Especially when North Florida has been around 260 in Ken Pom when I have checked. The DI non-conference record would be 4-3.

But it also took a 17 point second half comeback to win the last game there and prevent 1-6 record.  

UND beat the best team out of the 3.

1 hour ago, Air Force One said:

The Big Sky tournament winner gets a play-in game?

This is assuming that the team that wins the regular season also wins the conference tournament. Right now UND would be playing in the play-in game with their RPI, but if they win the Big Sky tournament and there's upsets in some of the other mid-major conferences, that can change.

The play in game is a joke. I wish they would have kept the tournament at 64. A team can win a conference tournament and celebrate they are going to the dance only to possibly lose in a playin game, and watch March Madness from home. Play in games should be for non conference winners only. Let the cry babies at the P5 schools play in the playin games. They are the ones who want more teams in the tournament. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

The play in game is a joke. I wish they would have kept the tournament at 64. A team can win a conference tournament and celebrate they are going to the dance only to possibly lose in a playin game, and watch March Madness from home. Play in games should be for non conference winners only. Let the cry babies at the P5 schools play in the playin games. They are the ones who want more teams in the tournament. 

Couldn't agree more.

still does not matter with respect to getting NCAA or NIT bid...Nobody said it does not affect RPI ...which by the way if you knew what you were talking about is influenced by who you play not just getting wins....when was the last time you showed up on a basketball other than to piss and moan??? the silence is deafening

43 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

still does not matter with respect to getting NCAA or NIT bid...Nobody said it does not affect RPI ...which by the way if you knew what you were talking about is influenced by who you play not just getting wins....when was the last time you showed up on a basketball other than to piss and moan??? the silence is deafening

Who is pissing and moaning?  Silence is deafening....you are a piece of work.  Sorry we aren't all as sharp as you on your basketball knowledge. 

I do understand RPI, bad losses are a major factor as is SOS. Avoiding one or two bad losses might move you up high enough in the RPI to avoid play in games. The big exposure comes with challenging or even beating one of the big teams.  Avoiding the play in game and the #1 seeds is a huge step in doing that. Just ask the Bison.  Beating Oklahoma and giving Kansas a game are why people around the country noticed them.

2 minutes ago, teamsioux said:

Who is pissing and moaning?  Silence is deafening....you are a piece of work.  Sorry we aren't all as sharp as you on your basketball knowledge. 

I do understand RPI, bad losses are a major factor as is SOS. Avoiding one or two bad losses might move you up high enough in the RPI to avoid play in games. The big exposure comes with challenging or even beating one of the big teams.  Avoiding the play in game and the #1 seeds is a huge step in doing that. Just ask the Bison.  Beating Oklahoma and giving Kansas a game are why people around the country noticed them.

Other than Weber st any BSC should be thrilled to make the big dance....Not complain

3 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Complaining that UND did not win more preseason games..therefore hypothetically and possibly leaving them with lower NCAA bid if they in fact do make the Dance...Geez

I see it as stating a fact. Can't argue it isn't true. 

• Upvote 3

Maybe if UND is a 16 they can be the first team ever to beat a 1.  Gotta have goals people! :)

If UND takes care of business in the next 6 games and gets in, I think there will be enough upsets where they don't get in the play-in

first things is first.  Beat UNC in Greely on Saturday.

• Upvote 2