Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Former Players

Recommended Posts

Draft Daddy: Blog

Roughly 15 scouts have visted North Dakota for linebacker Will Ratelle, who they project as a N.F.L. fullback. ***. Todayspigskin.com writer's early N.F.L. Draft ...

www.draftdaddy.com

www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never played fullback in college.  All of his amazing plays are at LB.

I do not understand why they wouldnt take a flyer on him as a LB.  That's the position he knows and is most comfortable at.

Who cares if hes 5'-9.5".  Can he play football?  This is where scouts sometimes out-think themselves in my opinion.

In any event, good luck Will.  We are cheering for you.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Never played fullback in college.  All of his amazing plays are at LB.

I do not understand why they wouldnt take a flyer on him as a LB.  That's the position he knows and is most comfortable at.

Who cares if hes 5'-9.5".  Can he play football?  This is where scouts sometimes out-think themselves in my opinion.

In any event, good luck Will.  We are cheering for you.

I feel like there will be at least one team crazy enough to try him at LB.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I feel like there will be at least one team crazy enough to try him at LB.

Should at least start him there.  If he just isn't working out for your team at LB, then try him at FB.

Like everyone says, he can play special teams for you regardless. 

Start him out where hes comfortable first at the position where he's wowed everyone when they turn on the tape, then try the position hes never played.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow . . . guess i never thought about what would happen if you handed the ball to Will out of the backfield.  I wouldn't want to try tackling him!

I'm pretty excited for him.  I've heard nothing but good things about him both on and off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic but Johnny Manziel has been released by the Browns, and it appears the Cowboys want nothing to do with him. Might not ever play in the NFL again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2016 at 11:47 AM, UNDvince97-01 said:

Should at least start him there.  If he just isn't working out for your team at LB, then try him at FB.

Like everyone says, he can play special teams for you regardless. 

Start him out where hes comfortable first at the position where he's wowed everyone when they turn on the tape, then try the position hes never played.

 

It sounds like he will be able to audition in front of all 32 NFL teams on Thursday in the Fargodome. And on live national TV. The NFL Network will be televising NDSU's pro day live on Thursday AM. It should help all players at the Pro Day to be exposed to every team. It sounds like there will be some Head Coaches and GM's there also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

It sounds like he will be able to audition in front of all 32 NFL teams on Thursday in the Fargodome. And on live national TV. The NFL Network will be televising NDSU's pro day live on Thursday AM. It should help all players at the Pro Day to be exposed to every team. It sounds like there will be some Head Coaches and GM's there also.

Thanks for the update. Best of luck to all players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if anyone is bored it would be fun to put will's numbers against Zach Thomas from years ago...height, weight, vertical and strength ...he reminds me so much of Zach and Zach turned out pretty well for the dolphins for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

It sounds like he will be able to audition in front of all 32 NFL teams on Thursday in the Fargodome. And on live national TV. The NFL Network will be televising NDSU's pro day live on Thursday AM. It should help all players at the Pro Day to be exposed to every team. It sounds like there will be some Head Coaches and GM's there also.

Already worked out at UM Pro Day.  Thanks for the NDSU update, though. :silly:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if anyone is bored it would be fun to put will's numbers against Zach Thomas from years ago...height, weight, vertical and strength ...he reminds me so much of Zach and Zach turned out pretty well for the dolphins for years.

I was with a guy this weekend that compared Will's pro day numbers to combine performances of Luke Kuechly and Brian Urlacher. He just picked those two guys somewhat randomly. Will's numbers are either better or at least in the ballpark with both of those guys. Kuechly ran a 4.58 40, did 27 reps on the bench, had a vertical of 38, and a 123" broad jump. Will's broad jump was 118" - otherwise they were very close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

It sounds like he will be able to audition in front of all 32 NFL teams on Thursday in the Fargodome. And on live national TV. The NFL Network will be televising NDSU's pro day live on Thursday AM. It should help all players at the Pro Day to be exposed to every team. It sounds like there will be some Head Coaches and GM's there also.

I second what @UND1983 said; Ratelle already impressed NFL scouts at Minnesota's Pro Day. Of course, a second opportunity doesn't hurt. 

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/north-dakota-state-fullback-linebacker-will-ratelle-has-big-pro-day-at-minnesota/

Quote

North Dakota fullback-linebacker Will Ratelle generated some buzz with NFL personnel with his performance at the Minnesota Pro Day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if anyone is bored it would be fun to put will's numbers against Zach Thomas from years ago...height, weight, vertical and strength ...he reminds me so much of Zach and Zach turned out pretty well for the dolphins for years.

NFL is becoming more and more of a passing league, and for that reason, Ratelle will likely get downgraded due to his height (hurts in pass coverage). But I do agree with everything you said; he certainly passes the eye test and, if given a shot, could probably be a very serviceable linebacker in the NFL. If he blows some people up on special teams, that will help him irregardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured most media would be all over Wentz but I was hoping to get testing numbers if he worked out.  Really it would be nice to see testing results for all the guys that worked out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, this is huge deal for NDSU, Carson Wentz, and North Dakota in general  but I started this with a question just wanting testing results.  You could probably find a story about what Carson ate for dinner at this point because if he farts it ends up published somewhere.  I was just trying to find out if Will participated and what how his numbers compared to the Minnesota pro day.  That being said I would really like to see all the participants numbers out of interest.  Why does everything, even a little joke turn into a pissing contest?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BigGame said:

No, this is huge deal for NDSU, Carson Wentz, and North Dakota in general  but I started this with a question just wanting testing results.  You could probably find a story about what Carson ate for dinner at this point because if he farts it ends up published somewhere.  I was just trying to find out if Will participated and what how his numbers compared to the Minnesota pro day.  That being said I would really like to see all the participants numbers out of interest.  Why does everything, even a little joke turn into a pissing contest?

The WDAY coverage showed him doing the catching drills. I didn't see him doing the 40, and might suspect he is sitting on his numbers from the UM pro day, at least for the 40. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×